Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New units for Wood Elves

Comments

• NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,901
    SiWI said:

Nemox said:

SiWI said:

MrJade said:

The upcoming FLC is implied to be Norsca, and therefore would help the Chaos DLC, not the Wood Elf DLC. If there is going to be an FLC for WE, it'll come with some DLC for the DE and HE, or with an FLC for the above two races.

Ähm no, Norscan is implied to be a race DLC for game 1.
    I think he meant that if the FLC is implied to help both owners of main game and DLC owners, it is more likely to be tied with Chaos/Norsca. This makes a bit more sense then randomly introducing units for Wood Elves (Which they don't really need in comparison to some of the other races *coughbeastmencough*)
    Well if he meant that he had a funny to write it.

Thou I'm not sure if a Norsca DLC can only come with Chaos FLC. Didn't get the WoC get 3 FLC units with the WE?
    While it is true that WE are pretty complete, perhaps the most complete race, I would say that RoR are still missing for them and a popular theory/hope is that the FLC for "all" are the RoR units for DLC races.

Thou it is of course also plausible that the FLC are maps or some other feature that everyone will be able to use anyway, without race specific work in the slightest.
    I'm just going by the reference to Norsca, though we know that will be a paid race pack not flc. I'd definitely like to see RoR brought to the other races, wouldn't even require that much work in all honesty. But, I agree, it is for the best to not get too worked up on what the FLC might be. Better to be surprised than disappointed.

• DalakhDalakh Senior Member FranceRegistered Users Posts: 1,937
    edited July 2017
    If there is one unit I want to see it's a melee variant for the Glade Riders. Give us a cheap melee light cav alternative to Wild Riders please.

That aside everything that's missing to the WE is:

- All missing basic lores of magic plus High and Dark
    - Great Stag mount option
    - Spellweaver Lord
    - Shadowdancer Hero (melee+lore of shadow caster, bit redundant with the Branchwraith atm due to how they gave it a mix of life/shadow)
    - Glade Captain Hero (hero level glade lord basically but contrary to the Waystalker he can have mounts such as elven steed and great eagle but doesn't have snipe or vanguard)

Then with the weapon options:
    - Glade Riders (Asrai Spears) (basically just a melee version, not necessarily AP)
    - Glade Guard (Swiftshiver Shards, Trueflight Arrows)
    - Glade Riders (Starfire Shafts, Swiftshiver Shards, Trueflight Arrows)
    - Deepwood Scouts (Hagbane Tips, Starfire Shafts, Trueflight Arrows)
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
  • EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    Even though the Wood elves roster is mostly completely they probably should get one more LL since that is the one department they are lacking in compare to the other rosters, Spellweaver would be nice and all but generic caster lords haven't exactly been made useful in the game yet.
  • bol14bol14 Senior Member USARegistered Users Posts: 825

Bies said:

I think they will come with Ariel

Considering how Popular the Glady (Female Glade Lord) , Fey Enchantress, and Isabella have become in Multiplayer, it really makes sense for CA to add more Female lords. These Lords play really differently from the others. It's a pity that Empire doesn't have any female lords.
    They're popular because they're good not because of their sex. Don't try to make something out of nothing
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    PaulH said:

Bies said:

Considering how Popular the Glady (Female Glade Lord) , Fey Enchantress, and Isabella have become in Multiplayer, it really makes sense for CA to add more Female lords. These Lords play really differently from the others. It's a pity that Empire doesn't have any female lords.
    There are female LL's.
    The Empire don't have Female Legendary Lords in it's Main Armybook, because they more traditional then Elves and Vampires, and the Empire's Females are normal for the most part, so they don't have the abilities the Elves and Vampires tend to have. Anyway I am totally okey with CA giving the Wood Elves Casters and Extra Agile Fighters roles for Females, as it's makes sense, I don't feel the absence of Spell Weaver and Shadowdancers, and they would likely be 'Purely Aesthetic Gender' Models anyway.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Empire_of_Man#Notable_Characters
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    edited July 2017
    The Great Stag...

• IzzyStradlin#2842IzzyStradlin#2842 Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,632
    edited July 2017
    Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.
    The Empire don't have Female Legendary Lords in it's Main Armybook, because they more traditional then Elves and Vampires, and the Empire's Females are normal for the most part, so they don't have the abilities the Elves and Vampires tend to have. Anyway I am totally okey with CA giving the Wood Elves Casters and Extra Agile Fighters roles for Females, as it's makes sense, I don't feel the absence of Spell Weaver and Shadowdancers, and they would likely be 'Purely Aesthetic Gender' Models anyway.

Elspeth von Draken.

"Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • steam_164191850448yoMgfCpsteam_164191850448yoMgfCp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,157

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

not in the main army book which is his point

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
    Schussel said:

Bies said:

Lol
    Karl Franz also plays diffrently to Balthasar Gelt,
    but who knows maybe there is in reality a women under Balthasar's Mask.
    It's hard to know those days, but what about Balthasar's Voice? how a woman can have that Voice? :)
  • IzzyStradlin#2842IzzyStradlin#2842 Senior Member Cair Andros GarrisonRegistered Users Posts: 11,632
    blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

His point is irrelevant. 8th Edition canon and legal for tournaments.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

When CA would start adding Forgeworld Characters we shall talk, as it's didn't happen yet. :)
    Tayvar said:

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

When CA would start adding Forgeworld Characters we shall talk, as it's didn't happen yet. :)
    There's a video out there called 'Lizardmen Roster reveal' or something similar which shows one or two things which don't exist anywhere in the tabletop. Forgeworld is beyond the pale, why?

Team Elize von Carstein

Tayvar said:

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

There's a video out there called 'Lizardmen Roster reveal' or something similar which shows one or two things which don't exist anywhere in the tabletop. Forgeworld is beyond the pale, why?
    I am not saying that it's impossible for CA add Forgeworld Stuff, but it's clear that GW's Armybooks have the priority, both for CA and for GW, Forgeworld's Stuff tend to be treated as Extra.
  • PLHenry#4565PLHenry#4565 Registered Users Posts: 1,712
    My point never referenced 8th edition, or any edition for that matter, nor any books.

All I said was that there are female Empire LL's.
    @PaulH yes but @sibyjackgrove was not wrong for believing that there is not Female Empire LL's.
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,499
    While I would bet that we will see some free lords for Wood Elves, in particular Ariel for the lore of Dark Magic (which she has) , I kinda doubt that they are going for spell-lords or the missing heroes.

Keep in mind that they want to keep certain characters and heroes special.

In the tabletop, there is a good reason for this....in this game...not so much.

Demon Slayer lord, i would not like to see, simply because it would make ungrim less special, but dragon slayer hero would have a certain point as a (slightly) more mobile choice.

While I would bet that we will see some free lords for Wood Elves, in particular Ariel for the lore of Dark Magic (which she has) , I kinda doubt that they are going for spell-lords or the missing heroes.

Or they just being lazy about it, I tend to bet on the more Charlemagne-Like reason for that. :)
    edited July 2017
    Tayvar said:

Tayvar said:

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

I am not saying that it's impossible for CA add Forgeworld Stuff, but it's clear that GW's Armybooks have the priority, both for CA and for GW, Forgeworld's Stuff tend to be treated as Extra.
    It's clear, based on what? That no Forgeworld models are yet present? Well why would they be? Games Workshop manufactured everything necessary in-house already. That doesn't make Forgeworld "extra", it means that so far they've not been necessary.
    Tayvar said:

@PaulH yes but @sibyjackgrove was not wrong for believing that there is not Female Empire LL's.

There are female "Overlords" from the Empire. Thus, he was wrong.

Team Elize von Carstein

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    SiWI said:

Thou I'm not sure if a Norsca DLC can only come with Chaos FLC. Didn't get the WoC get 3 FLC units with the WE?
    While it is true that WE are pretty complete, perhaps the most complete race, I would say that RoR are still missing for them and a popular theory/hope is that the FLC for "all" are the RoR units for DLC races.

Thou it is of course also plausible that the FLC are maps or some other feature that everyone will be able to use anyway, without race specific work in the slightest.

1. I wrote it logically to me, and that is what I meant. Sorry if it was unclear though.
    2. Beastmen got an extra unit with WE, but that is a DE unit, so it was already made, and in pre-release you could see them.
    3. I really think that the FLC with the Norsca DLC will benefit Chaos, and maybe BM, but no one else.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    Tayvar said:

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

Technically CA did use somewhere Forgeworld models for a unit, thou I don't remember which one and that unit did have "regular" models as well.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    Tayvar said:

blaat said:

Tayvar said:

PaulH said:

Bies said:

There are female LL's.

Elspeth von Draken.

Technically CA did use somewhere Forgeworld models for a unit, thou I don't remember which one and that unit did have "regular" models as well.
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

1. I wrote it logically to me, and that is what I meant. Sorry if it was unclear though.
    2. Beastmen got an extra unit with WE, but that is a DE unit, so it was already made, and in pre-release you could see them.
    3. I really think that the FLC with the Norsca DLC will benefit Chaos, and maybe BM, but no one else.
    1. Okay, no problem.
    2. I was thinking about the 3 units that the WoC got with one update. Was it with Bretonnia? Anyway they did get 3 units for free without special connection to them.
    3. Base on CA statements I don't really see evidence for that, thou it is not denied by those either. Thou if I'm correct that talked about more then one DLC race.
    Hence the possibility that everyone is affected.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    MrJade said:

SiWI said:

Not bad logic, but wasnt the phrase DLC as well as basegame, which surely means someone other than Chaos/beastmen/norsica has to get something as all 3 are DLC, as the as well as implies base game owners get benifits.
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Registered Users Posts: 4,092
    jamreal18 said:

The Great Stag...

Looks like a glorified moose
  • ZilongZilong Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 501

jamreal18 said:

The Great Stag...

Looks like a glorified moose
    To be fair, moose charges are scary as hell on the receiving end.
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,947
    Meese, moose, mooses (all valid plural forms of moose), whatever, will mess up a car.

So yeah. Meese are scary.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 216
    SISTERS OF TWILIGHT

Also: Araloth, Drycha, Great Stag, Glade Rider Asrai Spear. Scarlocs waywatchers, Whytcywethals (sp) wardancers, Riders of the wild hunt (some regiments of reknown, basically). Something to give us some usable Dryads would be nice.

Oh. Naeith the prophetess was cool too. Wood Elves are my favourite race (no surprise) and they're done really well overall, but the above stuff really should be there when you look at the love the damn Vampire Counts have had. It bothers me a bit stuff like Glade Riders and Dryads are virtually unusable.
  • lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    Dalakh said:

If there is one unit I want to see it's a melee variant for the Glade Riders. Give us a cheap melee light cav alternative to Wild Riders please.

That aside everything that's missing to the WE is:

- All missing basic lores of magic plus High and Dark
    - Great Stag mount option
    - Spellweaver Lord
    - Shadowdancer Hero (melee+lore of shadow caster, bit redundant with the Branchwraith atm due to how they gave it a mix of life/shadow)
    - Glade Captain Hero (hero level glade lord basically but contrary to the Waystalker he can have mounts such as elven steed and great eagle but doesn't have snipe or vanguard)

Then with the weapon options:
    - Glade Riders (Asrai Spears) (basically just a melee version, not necessarily AP)
    - Glade Guard (Swiftshiver Shards, Trueflight Arrows)
    - Glade Riders (Starfire Shafts, Swiftshiver Shards, Trueflight Arrows)
    - Deepwood Scouts (Hagbane Tips, Starfire Shafts, Trueflight Arrows)

what do trueflight arrows do?

Deepwood scouts with starfire shafts, wouldn't that basically make them waywatchers?

Glade riders asrai spears are needed, WE need an anti large cavarly very badly
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,499
    Tayvar said:

Or they just being lazy about it, I tend to bet on the more Charlemagne-Like reason for that. :)
    Considering how much flc they did...I really doubt that.

I would not want a doombull for example...there are already the gorebulls.

They also stated that the reason they didnt do Savage and Black Ork Waaaghboss is because they are just simple varations with no deeper point to them. Grimgor is a blackork waaaghboss, the normal one isnt.

So why would you add a demonslayer lord if you already have ungrim. But a hero option for slayer would be nice though.

Look at the necromancers... who uses them for lords?... You already got 2 legendary necromancer lords...why would you take a generic one?....

If you had generic metal sorcerers...would balthasar be of relevance?
  • PLHenry#4565PLHenry#4565 Registered Users Posts: 1,712
    Saying that you don't want a Doombull because you already have a Gorebull is like saying that you don't want an Arch-Lector because you've already got a Warrior Priest. They're different types of units, they provide more variety in terms of customising your own armies or the AI armies that you fight, and more content is always good.

It always surprises me when we get people saying they don't want new content, even when it'd be given out as free-LC. It makes me wonder what they do want.