Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Total War Saga – Announce Blog

Comments

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,078Registered Users
    Fredrin said:

This is so excellent

Which eras have been shown in the trailer?

I think they missed Franks, Huns, Vikings, China Mongols....
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Posts: 573Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, new historical game announced!!!

http://www.pcgamer.com/age-of-empires-iv-announced/

Yeah, I saw that. SUPER EXCITED! Let's hope they don't screw it up, because this isn't the old team.
    edited August 2017
    Suliot said:

jamreal18 said:

Yeah, I saw that. SUPER EXCITED! Let's hope they don't screw it up, because this isn't the old team.
    It's going to be developed by Relic which is good developer also...
  • imperialguard82imperialguard82 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    I know that coastline in the picture, its the Coastline north of Dublin Ireland, to be specific, its between Drogheda and Dundalk, also the bay between two mountains is the part of the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland (Latitude 54.043843, Longitude -6.158524). That probably means the Total War sage is CA going back to Medieval Total War specifically the expansion pack Viking Invasion for the first Total War Saga. (Backed up by the fact that a Viking Story is called a Saga)
    I also like Viking era...
  • SbygneusSbygneus Posts: 744Registered Users
    I hope its not Vikings. I hate sending one mindless bearded mob against the other with no sophisticated tactics.

I wish it will be English Civil War or something similar.
  • BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,516Registered Users
    Suliot said:

jamreal18 said:

did you think that reddit image has something to do whit age of empires getting remasterd and age of empires 4? the way bill wrote suggest he didnt know if he wanted the old game remasterd or a new one, so he told them to make both. would be funny if it was like that XD

Brakier said:

Suliot said:

jamreal18 said:

did you think that reddit image has something to do whit age of empires getting remasterd and age of empires 4? the way bill wrote suggest he didnt know if he wanted the old game remasterd or a new one, so he told them to make both. would be funny if it was like that XD
    They already confirmed it at Gamescom, Age of empires 2 and 3 are going to get remastered as well. And we're getting AoE 4. Great times for RTS lovers. :smile:
    Suliot said:

Brakier said:

Suliot said:

jamreal18 said:

They already confirmed it at Gamescom, Age of empires 2 and 3 are going to get remastered as well. And we're getting AoE 4. Great times for RTS lovers. :smile:
    I will not buy the remastered version....

I'll just wait for AoE4....
  • VavourasVavouras Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Why do i keep reading posts about Age of Empires ? did i miss anything ? what's this forum about ?
  • Saurto93Saurto93 Posts: 36Registered Users
    CA should add playable Numidia to Rome 2 and Armenia to Attila.
    edited August 2017
    Vavouras said:

Why do i keep reading posts about Age of Empires ? did i miss anything ? what's this forum about ?

Historical game....

Hoping we will have tactical battle in upcoming historical games rather than click-fest gameplay...
  • dchiukdchiuk Posts: 8Registered Users
    By the time CA actually release anything historic the title might be North Korean Nuclear War..... come on CA give us something..... its been way tooooooo long!!
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    Vavouras said:

Nothing. We hear nothing for months. So we talk about other news.
    Guys, do you like a single entity unit for generals?

For me, I prefer generals to always have a company of bodyguards....
    jamreal18 said:

Guys, do you like a single entity unit for generals?

For me, I prefer generals to always have a company of bodyguards....

Me too!
    Which will going to be released first?

Minicampaign or Saga?
    Minicamapign obviously, I think we will see that before the end of this year and the Saga will come out in early spring of next year.
    Suliot said:

Minicamapign obviously, I think we will see that before the end of this year and the Saga will come out in early spring of next year.

But CA is promoting Saga now rather than the mini-campaign though...
    Saga will be a a stand alone game, the minicampaign is just another DLC for a 4 year old game. They will try to get as much sales for the Saga since more work went into it I wager, so they are hyping it more. This is just speculation obviously, we will have to wait and see.
  • slapnut1207slapnut1207 Posts: 667Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    I wish we would have a game with the Eastern Roman Empire and Rashidun Caliphate.
    I just hope these games would be cheaper then $50 dollars.
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

• RaresAntoniuRaresAntoniu Junior Member Posts: 30Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    I suggest you to implement river fleet access mechanics.
    Post edited by RaresAntoniu on
    Barba non facit philosophum!
  • TWManiacTWManiac Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    I would honestly pay a ridiculous amount of money to have Medieval 2 and its expansions re-released with modern graphics and such....that would be absolutely amazing. Almost 600 hours dumped into the original Medieval 2 and I'd do it all over again. I might be alone in this opinion but nothing gives me more pleasure than assassinating a pope who doesn't like my war-mongering only to replace him with my own cardinal. :P

Also, I respect the work you folks have done on the Warhammer and Warhammer 2 games but I love the Total War series for its historical properties which Warhammer kinda demolishes. Please don't abandon us history nerds. Lol
  • mmurray821mmurray821 Moderator Posts: 5,227Moderators
    TWManiac said:

Please don't abandon us history nerds. Lol

Don't worry. They aren't ;)
    Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
    I've never seen the Icarus story as a lesson on the limitations of humans. I see it as a lesson about the limitations of wax as an adhesive.
  • alsaadialsaadi Posts: 18Registered Users
    Hello my friends

I like to share all the tricks of the total and a beautiful war, but there are problems in the turn or role This make the game time so if the person play online through the Internet be fast and because of the improvement of the Internet and be a big turnout Make the game in the time and not a turn or role please I was from I agree with the press to see the comment and we want news about saga
    edited November 2017
    You can think of us as having 3 different types of standalone Total War game:

Eras (massive major releases in the series)
    Characters (spin-offs from Eras based on famous historical individuals)
    Sagas (spin-offs from Eras based on pivotal historical events)

Aren't Characters and Sagas the same?
    They are both connected by major title, right?
    Will they going to be made by different teams?

Its like,

-Joan of Arch (Character): Hundred Years War (Saga)

-Genghiz Khan (Character): Mongol (Saga)

Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • Tenerife_BoyTenerife_Boy Member Posts: 343Registered Users
    Something about Alexander or Succesors <3 Please!

• AeronauticoAeronautico Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    jamreal18 said:

Aren't Characters and Sagas the same?
    They are connected by major title, right?
    Will they going to be made by different teams?

Its like,

-Joan of Arch (Character): Hundered Years War (Saga)

-Genghiz Khan (Character): Mongol (Saga)

Exactly my thought and I can't get my head around this...
  • MoebabybluesMoebabyblues Posts: 54Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

seienchin said:

Great but I still wonder why they see Fall of the Samurai as "total war saga material" but Shogun 2 not. Exactly the same format. One specific moment in Time (Sengoku Jidai, Boshin war)and a focussed area (Japan). Not to mention Napoleon TW, Alexander and pretty much all the addons from Rome 2 and Attila...

Well maybe it is a way of producing TW games that do not have the variety and scope of stuff like rome 2 without making people complain that the games content is too limited. In that case I am all for it!!!

Sete said:

I'll leave my idea for a Saga:

Alfonso de Albuquerque and the Portuguese Asian Empire.

Nothing against Alfonso but this is probably WAY too niche. CA needs to sell the game and the interest into the protugese empire could probably not be lower in today's world.

I mean we had "limited" TW games / addons for Alexander, Napoleon, Caesar, Justinian, the crusades and Charlemagne (among others...). I would expect something a little more known.
    The Boshin War only lasted around a year whereas the Sengoku Jidai was more like a century. Saga games will be much more focused in terms of subject matter

Aww I was hoping to see a La Guerre La Cent ans map :c

Also will this game kind of be like medieval 2 kingdoms accept instead of an expansion be its own game.

Also the "focused time period'' means a series of campaigns relating to all the previous total wars or just one single "focused event"?