Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Total War Saga – Announce Blog

12345679»

Comments

• MoebabybluesMoebabyblues Registered Users Posts: 55
    Maybe have a part of of the hundred years war like the Edwardian phase or the Carolina phase?
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,283
    edited November 2017

Maybe have a part of of the hundred years war like the Edwardian phase or the Carolina phase?

Which do you prefer as Saga and Mini-Campaign?

*Hundred Years War
    *Crusade
  • MoebabybluesMoebabyblues Registered Users Posts: 55
    jamreal18 said:

Which do you prefer as Saga and Mini-Campaign?

*Hundred Years War
    *Crusade
    Hundred years war, but the crusades would be cool too, however they already covered the crusades in kingdoms so they might not touch it.
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,610
    Saga - a medieval Icelandic or Norse prose narrative of achievements and events in the history of a personage, family, etc.

Hope the first Saga title has Vikings... just saying.

• CheesasaurusCheesasaurus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 524
    Rome II Campaigns
    • Completed: Rome (GC, CiG), Sparta (GC), Macedon, Iceni (GC), Suebi (GC)

Attila Campaigns
    • Completed: Franks, Sassanid Empire, Picts, Mercia (AoC), Tanukhids, Venedians, Huns, Cordoba (AoC), Suebi, Saxons, Danes (AoC)
  • VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 981
    So based on what we know so far, I can guestimate the Saga takes place sometime between 1000 A.D. and 1535 A.D., and considering the amount of events that take place between 1000 A.D. and 1300 A.D. I think it's a safe bet it'll be sometime within those 300 years.

• SuliotSuliot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 687
    WHAT?! They're announcing Saga already?! I did not expect that, but this makes me really happy. :)
  • kinjokinjo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,610
    Sweet look forward to see what Jack's team have been working on!
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,386
    Vessinger said:

So based on what we know so far, I can guestimate the Saga takes place sometime between 1000 A.D. and 1535 A.D., and considering the amount of events that take place between 1000 A.D. and 1300 A.D. I think it's a safe bet it'll be sometime within those 300 years.
    A bit late for the third installment of R2/Attila, don't you think?
  • LestaTLestaT Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,291
    King Arthur?
  • tak22tak22 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,386
    LestaT said:

King Arthur?

One hopes (or just after/6th c. Britain generally).
  • MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 1,739
    As King Arthur never exists, probably time of the anglosaxon kingdoms.
  • Lord_EldarLord_Eldar Registered Users Posts: 4
    I hope you are wrong. We have had a lot of sword, bow, cavalry games lately. Rome, Attila, Warhammer (even though has magic). I'm all down for a viking age or full out Medieval three; however, I think CA is going to go in a different direction. I'm expecting a Pike and Shotte, Victorian Era, or maybe even a WW1 (prob not) type of game with a whole new feel. They are really hyping this up so why would it be just for another swordplay total war?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,020
    it is M2 kingdoms British Islands again ;)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • SuliotSuliot Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 687
    Nice trailer, very excited for the game, let's see how the Saga take on Total War titles pans out. Good choice of the historical setting too, Viking Invasion is really cool. Can't wait to play with the Scots!
  • MarcusIuniusBrutusMarcusIuniusBrutus Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 1,739
    As expected. A safe sale for the anglosaxon market. ;)
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 799
    vikings.... I am so very not excited :/
  • dchiukdchiuk Registered Users Posts: 8
    GREAT NEWS.... happy we are seeing new developments in the pipeline for your historical fans. Great choice of era and location, ending around 1066..... wonder if anything happened around that period for a further expansion???? ;)
  • FredrinFredrin Senior Member LondonRegistered Users Posts: 3,014
    Fredrin said:

The rise of Alfred the Great would be an awesome choice for one of these sagas. One of my favourite passages from the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle describes Alfred's desperate fightback after being pushed back to his resistance stronghold in the swamps:

"...and most of the people they [the Danes under Guthrum] killed, except the King Alfred, and he with a little band made his way by wood and swamp, and after Easter he made a fort at Athelney in the marshes of Somerset, and from that fort kept fighting against the foe."

Quite a few scholars believe that Athelney was the precursor of King Arthur's Camelot Castle in Avalon, so for those asking for a TW: King Arthur, this could be your non-fiction version ;)

The devs have mentioned this one won't be character-driven, so maybe it is centred around the Great Heathen Army as you suggest. It would certainly segue on nicely from from where Attila left off.

Quoted from back in July. I am very much looking forward to this one!

• VessingerVessinger Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 981
    edited November 2017
    tak22 said:

Vessinger said:

Turns out, the game spans from 878 to 1066+, so technically it falls within the 1000 A.D. to 1300 A.D. mark. It just starts a bit earlier than I had guestimated.

Personally, I'm more interested in the 1300s on, not to mention other parts of the world, but oh well. All this sword and board era stuff is starting to leave me sword and bored :neutral: :

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,020
    Vessinger said:

tak22 said:

Vessinger said:

Turns out, the game spans from 878 to 1066+, so technically it falls within the 1000 A.D. to 1300 A.D. mark. It just starts a bit earlier than I had guestimated.

Personally, I'm more interested in the 1300s on, not to mention other parts of the world, but oh well. All this sword and board era stuff is starting to leave me sword and bored :neutral: :
    lets hope for a TW Victoria then ;)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • PrometheusPrometheus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 769
    I hope to see a Sage Setting based in Reneaissence Italy , it would be the best setting for early gunpoweder age, from the Southern Kingdom of Naples up to the Northern scattered lands.
  • sixtycastlesixtycastle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited July 2019
    How about doing something very different, something to do with world war i or world war 2. I personally liked the mod that was all world war I, I think it was for napoleon. I would love to see something along that line that would incorporate Map of Europe to the Pacific, Have the usual participants, US, Britain, Japan, Germany and Russia. Have a ton of ideas of how this would work out. I think it would be a nice change, of pace personally.