Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

SolvedTotal War: Warhammer Crashes on launch

rigsbeklrigsbekl Registered Users Posts: 2
edited July 2017 in Crashes
Build Number:
I am unable to reach the main menu, and so cannot locate the build number.

Detailed Description:

I purchased Total War: Warhammer last week, and have enjoyed playing it without any problems. Today, however, I started it from the launcher and it stalled on the copyright screen for approximately 10 seconds, and then crashed. I restarted my computer and it worked for a few minutes, but poorly (the cursor skipped back and forth between in-game and windows), and it has not worked since then. It hasn't had any problems on my system until today.

Mini-Dump:

Attached zip folder D2017-07-05_T16-54-36.zip

Campaign Save:

The crash did not occur during campaign or multi-player gameplay

DxDiag:

Attached File DxDiag.txt

Preferences Script:

Attached file preferences.script.txt

Modified.log file:

Attached file modified.log

I appreciate your assistance with resolving this issue. Thank you for your time.

Post edited by CA_Matthew on
Tagged:

Comments

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,016
    Hi rigsbekl,

Another user had a similar issue and found a working solution; could you potentially try that and see if it works for you as well?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1827008/#Comment_1827008
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • rigsbeklrigsbekl Registered Users Posts: 2
    CA_Matthew

I have attempted this solution, and while it was not enough to solve the problem on its own, it did allow me to locate and solve the actual problem. My anti-virus program had changed its settings, and it would not allow Total War: Warhammer to access some of its necessary files without my permission, and I wasn't able to see that before.

Thank you for your help!

-rigsbekl
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,016
    rigsbekl said:

CA_Matthew

I have attempted this solution, and while it was not enough to solve the problem on its own, it did allow me to locate and solve the actual problem. My anti-virus program had changed its settings, and it would not allow Total War: Warhammer to access some of its necessary files without my permission, and I wasn't able to see that before.

Thank you for your help!

-rigsbekl

Good stuff! :smiley:
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • BohemianRomanticBohemianRomantic Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 28
    Can you explain how you went about finding this issue? Total War Warhammer is currently added to my exclusion list, but unfortunately I am experiencing the mid battle black screen error where the visuals freeze or disappear but the battle sounds carry on in the background.
  • DezyNevDezyNev Registered Users Posts: 3
    Hello, what files do I need to add to exclude for my antivirus software (McAfee)? It doesn't let me add an entire folder so I have to select individual files. Thanks
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 39,886
    DezyNev said:

Hello, what files do I need to add to exclude for my antivirus software (McAfee)? It doesn't let me add an entire folder so I have to select individual files. Thanks

Just the .exe file.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file