Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Total war warhammer mmo?

thracisthracis Posts: 17Registered Users
I have wished for years that a rts mmo for would come out. I think you would get a million players or more world wide to pay$20 a month for a tww mmo.
Tagged:

Comments

• kilijankilijan Junior Member Posts: 277Registered Users
    edited July 6
    If you're talking about a mmorpg it has been already tried and failed. See warhammer online.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 1,935Registered Users
    kilijan said:

If you're talking about a mmorpg it has been already tried and failed. See warhammer online.

No he is talking about mmo rts. We just need the avatar conquest from shogun2.
  • GoldenIslandsYouTubeGoldenIslandsYouTube Posts: 21Registered Users
    A mmo would be a really nice idea

Also Killjan is really simplestic

So if 1 mmo dosent stay open for all time then there is no point in doing any type of mmo

Also lets say 1 mmo fails, should therefore all mmos through out history be shut down because 1 failed. . That is some really bad deduction he is doing

Also he didnt understand at all what you were talking about thracis, a rts mmo would be nice, and so would another rpg mmo since it was brought up.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 8,385Registered Users
    Total War Arena

/thread

So if 1 mmo dosent stay open for all time then there is no point in doing any type of mmo

Also lets say 1 mmo fails, should therefore all mmos through out history be shut down because 1 failed. . That is some really bad deduction he is doing

Also he didnt understand at all what you were talking about thracis, a rts mmo would be nice, and so would another rpg mmo since it was brought up.

I'm not sure how you came the to conclusion that i'm simplistic or that I advocate anything that you say what so ever. Jump to conclusions much? I think that is an understatement.
  • GoldenIslandsYouTubeGoldenIslandsYouTube Posts: 21Registered Users
    edited July 16
    kilijan said:

I'm not sure how you came the to conclusion that i'm simplistic or that I advocate anything that you say what so ever. Jump to conclusions much? I think that is an understatement.

You wrote

"If you're talking about a mmorpg it has been already tried and failed. See warhammer online."

That is a direct copy of the words that you wrote

Which means that no warhammer mmorpg can never ever through out history be made again, because 1 warhammer mmo "failed"

That is exactly what you wrote

There is no other way to read the comment, that is the only way

Then in addition to that you were unable to understand that he was talking about a rts mmo, even that you did not understand.
  • AltarielAltariel Posts: 16Registered Users
    I'm new in Total warhammer, but it has a fantastic story!!!! The old warhammer mmorpg failed to sin on several basic factors of modern mmorpgs.
    The new mmorpgs need be Dinamic, in a living world of stories and mysteries.
    Warhammer got the LORE, but you need a good team and a good investment.

I think It would have a chance to be as successful as wow, because of being a fantasy genre which serves a very large audience(like me, my first game total war)

I know several people who tested the old warhammer mmo, but they did not like it because it was really bad.

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 3,006Registered Users
    Warhammer online was going fine until they screwed up the balance and let the good guys always win.
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 336Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, SuperAdmin

Warhammer online was going fine until they screwed up the balance and let the good guys always win.

I played as Chaos and fully agree with this statement. RIP WHO. I miss playing my goblin shaman and squig herder. :(
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    edited July 17

Total War Arena

/thread

A Warhammer version with Warhammer balance! Many units for each player to pic. Population cap like Battlefleet Gothic Armada multiplayer 1v1 battles where points differ in many scales and battletypes. Also a team population cap not a split per player cap on team battles. Warbands fighting in places like WoW boss instances.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 8,385Registered Users

Total War Arena

/thread

A Warhammer version with Warhammer balance! Many units for each player to pic. Population cap like Battlefleet Gothic Armada multiplayer 1v1 battles where points differ in many scales and battletypes. Also a team population cap not a split per player cap on team battles. Warbands fighting in places like WoW boss instances.
    TWArena struggled keeping three factions balanced last I checked. Ain't going to happen with 16.

Total War Arena

/thread

TWArena struggled keeping three factions balanced last I checked. Ain't going to happen with 16.
    Balance? It's very hard to check balance when factions fight each other and multiple attack one, form alliances and betray allies. TT has balance which will be applied apart that no other interference will happen. It's Warhammer not capital shares.

kilijan said:

You wrote

"If you're talking about a mmorpg it has been already tried and failed. See warhammer online."

Which means that no warhammer mmorpg can never ever through out history be made again, because 1 warhammer mmo "failed"

Then in addition to that you were unable to understand that he was talking about a rts mmo, even that you did not understand.
    If you read what I said without jumping to conclusions, I merely stated that it has been tried and it failed. I don't know where you get off saying that because I stated a fact, that I have condemned every single future possible warhammer mmorpg EVER. Does that seem like a reasonable assumption to you?

It does not mean "Which means that no warhammer mmorpg can never ever through out history be made again, because 1 warhammer mmo "failed"" in any way what so ever.

I also said "IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT A MMORGP" and that means IF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT A MMORPG, NOTHING MORE. It means, disregard this statement IF you're talking about something else.

Seriously?
    edited July 18

You wrote

Yeah, you're right.

I said said WH mmorpg had been tried
    I also said that it failed

So clearly I mean that I thoroughly condemn ANY AND ALL future warhammer mmorpgs from ever being made EVER. You found me out bro. I thought that my secret message was conveyed subconciously to every reader of this thread but you my friend have FIGURED me out and exposed me for what I truly am. Well done.
  • Dean478Dean478 Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    It'd be nice if multiplayer was more than simple competitive matchmaking. As it is with most games these days. Shogun 2 did a great job of trying to add some persistence and meaningfulness to multiplayer games and campaigns. It'd be great to see a return to this...

I played as Chaos and fully agree with this statement. RIP WHO. I miss playing my goblin shaman and squig herder. :(
    My brother played those too! I played a Chosen and that's why I love WoC in this game. Chaos for life!
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Posts: 451Registered Users
    To be fair, Warhammer Online is being unofficially kept up by a team of volunteers: it's not quite the complete game yet (they have to bring in all the files, re-code them and maintain the server), but it's good. Return of Reckoning, it's good despite the incomplete status.

However, I agree, a new Warhammer Fantasy MMO would be stellar.
  • thracisthracis Posts: 17Registered Users
    A of mmo rts fail because they try and make each players armys to large and it the becomes a building game. Who ever can build the most troops the fastest wins . Allow. Players to be able to control 1 army with upto 40 units. Then have the rest of his armys garrisoned at citys he controls. Allow playes to lvl their lords and hero's just like in tww. Have multiple servers with different theme and vicory condition. Plus a limit to the# of players on a server. Please comment.
  • KlalearaKlaleara Junior Member Posts: 222Registered Users

My brother played those too! I played a Chosen and that's why I love WoC in this game. Chaos for life!
    I was a Sorceress when it first released, hilariously overpowered.

I think if they toned down the damage that players do to each other, which would have made it a bit more tactical. Plus fixed all the damn bugs. And actually added in story progression. It would have been fantastic.

Oh, and balanced the friggn RvR maps. Some were outrageous. To get to one of the Order's main keeps, you had to cross a narrow pathway right by one of their camps, which had super NPC guards going around 1 shotting everyone trying to pass through.
    edited July 27
    I played Chosen. Slaughtered reknown rank 65+ while i was 49.
  • UrgatUrgat Posts: 632Registered Users

It was going fine until everybody hit endgame, really.
    Thats a rpg. Im talking a rts mmo.
    thracis said:

You're gonna need to be more specific about what you're expecting from an RTS MMO because I can't even begin to imagine how you could make that work.

thracis said:

You're gonna need to be more specific about what you're expecting from an RTS MMO because I can't even begin to imagine how you could make that work.
    I assume something similar to avatar mode of Shogun2.
    Twwh already has the animation, the army's, now just make it a little more of a sandbox build in the game and you have a rts mmo. Pvp have orders or guilds for different races . just like every othere mmo. I explained in a previous post in this chat in a little more detail. There area already a few rts mmo alreay but they are all pay to win . i want a tw pay to play.
    thracis said:

Twwh already has the animation, the army's, now just make it a little more of a sandbox build in the game and you have a rts mmo. Pvp have orders or guilds for different races . just like every othere mmo. I explained in a previous post in this chat in a little more detail. There area already a few rts mmo alreay but they are all pay to win . i want a tw pay to play.

So.... Like Mount and Blade but with Total War army battles? You still aren't explaining much. "Make it more of a sandbox" is as useless as saying "make X better" without supplying the how.
    @thracis i like your idea of pay to play.
    I will try my best to explain. Use the same concept and armies but let players build there own fortress/city. Let them design there keep. Pick a race and start just like in whtw. Build , lvl, lords and hero's and troops. Fight with allies on a gient map against foes . Have different theme on differnt servers. Just like in any mmo. So i hope you understand. A big pvp rts live action mmo. :)
    thracis said:

I will try my best to explain. Use the same concept and armies but let players build there own fortress/city. Let them design there keep. Pick a race and start just like in whtw. Build , lvl, lords and hero's and troops. Fight with allies on a gient map against foes . Have different theme on differnt servers. Just like in any mmo. So i hope you understand. A big pvp rts live action mmo. :)

That sounds more like one of those crappy tablet castle building games. And can that even be considered an RTS?

thracis said:

That sounds more like one of those crappy tablet castle building games. And can that even be considered an RTS?
    It does sound like it.