Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Wood Elves very difficulty

malzekmalzek Registered Users Posts: 92
Just started the Wood Elves with Orion . What would be a good strategy for starting out. I know their infantry not that strong but they make up for that with cav and archer. Open to any advice because i would like to get with the faction.

Here what i did in the first 16 turns.

Comments

• steam_164191850448yoMgfCpsteam_164191850448yoMgfCp Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,157
    which difficulty?
    easy normal or higher?

snip

It's much easier and more fun to get engrossed in lore that takes itself seriously and tries to make sense within its own frame of reference.

the reason I prefer LOTR over warhammer fantasy and 40k

I am dutch so if you like to have a talk in dutch shoot me a PM :)
  • malzekmalzek Registered Users Posts: 92
    blaat said:

which difficulty?
    easy normal or higher?

Playing on very hard difficulty
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    WElfs need to turtle at first. I like to expand into Bret, but carefully. Usually, I don't wait to confederation to be unlocked and simply invade another WElf faction around turn 35 before Bret invasions.
    MrJade said:

WElfs need to turtle at first. I like to expand into Bret, but carefully. Usually, I don't wait to confederation to be unlocked and simply invade another WElf faction around turn 35 before Bret invasions.

Build up my forces and economy first then go on the offensive. Normally I would be able to get a trade agreement with another faction but I can't not can I get a non aggression pact. Don't understand why.
    edited July 2017
    HoneyBun said:

Turtle, make friends, then plan for your great Norsca campaign.

Keep razing and taking the gold (even farm them by letting them resettle). Then run extra armies of your northern gold!

I'll give that a try. The public order decrease will that fix itself in time or do i need to keep a Garrison their to maintain order.
    edited July 2017
    HoneyBun said:

malzek said:

HoneyBun said:

Turtle, make friends, then plan for your great Norsca campaign.

Keep razing and taking the gold (even farm them by letting them resettle). Then run extra armies of your northern gold!

I'll give that a try. The public order decrease will that fix itself in time or do i need to keep a Garrison their to maintain order.
    On v hard I had to have branchwraiths in every Athel Loren settlement just to keep level. Oddle the outposts don't need them.

Attacking Norsca also makes everyone love you :)
    I'll do that on my next settlement upgrade. Thank you
  • Talmorean#3084Talmorean#3084 Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Take out the Orcs south of Kingsglade First. Get those two settlements (Broken Nose Tribe I think.)

First Council spot should be the one that allows for trade with non elf factions first. That's key. Take out Carcassone asap. Get that port income.

As for Orion's skills? Get the infantry boosting path asap, get the +melee attack and defense. That will help staying power for your infantry sooooo much.

And if you are open to Mods
    35% stronger elf units (also 35% higher upkeep to balance the mod out.)
    Expanded Elf Outposts in provincial capitals.
    Greater movement range in home territory mod.
    Glory Mod for more elf units (I use the Glory mod for every race.)

Also this one is a bit cheaty but
    No Amber usage for Technology Mod. (It costs gold instead of Amber for second tier tech).
    malzek said:

MrJade said:

Build up my forces and economy first then go on the offensive. Normally I would be able to get a trade agreement with another faction but I can't not can I get a non aggression pact. Don't understand why.
    On VH, as WE, you really can't until you are the sole superpower in the game.

You need to just resolve yourself to no trade, and no diplomacy until the end of the mid-game into the late-game.
  • Sebor02Sebor02 Registered Users Posts: 387
    I am about to get my Butt kicked as Welfs with Orion. Might one of my TW's I lose. I Got declared war on by the dwarfs, Empire and Estalia who combined have 47 regions. My allies are at war with the Bretts who have 13 regions. It's turn 134 and I still have not been able to upgrade the tree once. I do have 5 Amber but I keep losing and gaining land with only 1 army and a tiny defensive army.

I am at a complete stalemate. I am hoping that Chaos can turn the tide but I doubt it as the Norscans are mostly gone already and so are all the other baddies. Only the vamps hold one or two regions but all the orcs are gone.

Man this game needs more destruction and chaos factions to balance the old world!
    Sebor02 said:

I am about to get my Butt kicked as Welfs with Orion. Might one of my TW's I lose. I Got declared war on by the dwarfs, Empire and Estalia who combined have 47 regions. My allies are at war with the Bretts who have 13 regions. It's turn 134 and I still have not been able to upgrade the tree once. I do have 5 Amber but I keep losing and gaining land with only 1 army and a tiny defensive army.

I am at a complete stalemate. I am hoping that Chaos can turn the tide but I doubt it as the Norscans are mostly gone already and so are all the other baddies. Only the vamps hold one or two regions but all the orcs are gone.

Man this game needs more destruction and chaos factions to balance the old world!

What difficulty, did you turtle early, did you take over another WE faction by 35?
    Talmorean said:

Take out the Orcs south of Kingsglade First. Get those two settlements (Broken Nose Tribe I think.)

First Council spot should be the one that allows for trade with non elf factions first. That's key. Take out Carcassone asap. Get that port income.

As for Orion's skills? Get the infantry boosting path asap, get the +melee attack and defense. That will help staying power for your infantry sooooo much.

And if you are open to Mods
    35% stronger elf units (also 35% higher upkeep to balance the mod out.)
    Expanded Elf Outposts in provincial capitals.
    Greater movement range in home territory mod.
    Glory Mod for more elf units (I use the Glory mod for every race.)

Also this one is a bit cheaty but
    No Amber usage for Technology Mod. (It costs gold instead of Amber for second tier tech).

Clan angrund took one of those settlement. I got their capitol but had to rush back due to beast men. Haven't had a chance to deal with fay enchantess. Had four rebellion in the king glaves.
    MrJade said:

malzek said:

MrJade said:

On VH, as WE, you really can't until you are the sole superpower in the game.

You need to just resolve yourself to no trade, and no diplomacy until the end of the mid-game into the late-game.
    I'm at turn 38. Been finding a work around ransom rebel elves and beast men. Still don't have a full stack yet or any new territory. Wanted to invade the elves to the northeast of men but they have a good aggression plus a full stack.
    malzek said:

I'm at turn 38. Been finding a work around ransom rebel elves and beast men. Still don't have a full stack yet or any new territory. Wanted to invade the elves to the northeast of men but they have a good aggression plus a full stack.

Just wait until their stack isn't at their tree and just take it in one turn. The AI will usually send their stack far enough away that you can simply attack their town without worrying about reinforcements.

You can also expand into the goblins in the east if you want some Amber. The Empire and Dwarves like it when you do that.
  • Sebor02Sebor02 Registered Users Posts: 387
    MrJade said:

Sebor02 said:

What difficulty, did you turtle early, did you take over another WE faction by 35?
    Hard/Hard

I never had issues with Welfs before though. Besides a bit of a slow start not being able to expand anywhere it was usually easy. I am playing now with the conquer everywhere mode and all the other empires are just too big to tackle with 1 army. Everytime I try to expand my lands get taken as they come with 3 - 4 armies.

curious how this one will end.
    Sebor02 said:

MrJade said:

Sebor02 said:

Hard/Hard

I never had issues with Welfs before though. Besides a bit of a slow start not being able to expand anywhere it was usually easy. I am playing now with the conquer everywhere mode and all the other empires are just too big to tackle with 1 army. Everytime I try to expand my lands get taken as they come with 3 - 4 armies.

curious how this one will end.
    I don't like the conquer anywhere mod. The game is balanced around RO, and without it, it gets really wonky real fast.
    edited July 2017
    MrJade said:

malzek said:

Just wait until their stack isn't at their tree and just take it in one turn. The AI will usually send their stack far enough away that you can simply attack their town without worrying about reinforcements.

You can also expand into the goblins in the east if you want some Amber. The Empire and Dwarves like it when you do that.
    I could use some amber but beastman and rebellions have been my biggest problem so far. It is giving me some money which is helping me build of king glaves.
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,956
    edited July 2017
    WE start can be a bit tough due to finances and the constant Beastmen spawning (that might be a mod but 3-4 armies spawn every other turn in my games). It is hard to afford even 1 full army and nearby targets aren't easy at least on VH and L in my experience the nearby AI keeps its army near settlement until your army is far away or in ambush mode. The problem is the AI doesn't always move right away if you wait in ambush mode and as WE early you rarely have more than 5-10 turns of treasury with a full army and between waiting 3-5 turns for AI to move away far enough and then 2 turns to siege you can be bankrupt or 1 turn away before siege is won.

Currently I find the most reliable start as Orion is waiting the first 10-15 turns just upgrade a couple buildings and dismiss most of your starting units (keep the couple of AP/War Dancers since you can't get those for awhile). That allows your treasury to build up to support a nearly full army long enough to do something with it.

Almost always Skarsnik has defeated Karak Nuln or nearly so in the mountains and using world roots Orion can be there in 2 turns from his own territory. Fight Skarsnik for 4-10 turns (usually you can totally defeat him and wipe that faction but sometimes Beastmen or someone else attacks and usually garrison is too weak at this point to defend in King's Glade and that stretches out the time it takes to fully occupy those mountain settlements if Orion has to move back for defense.

Once that is done you'll probably need to move Orion back to fight a rebellion in King's Glade if no other faction has DoW. I've had Skarsnik even invite other Dwarfs into war against Orion but usually it is a Bretonnian faction that DoW or Angrund. (if Angrund just stay near King's Glade a few turns and ask for peace, if you defeat Angrund army there is a grudge and the AI rarely will accept peace so you have to wipe them out which can take along time). If you got the easiest path after defeating the rebellion in King's Glade where no DoW or DoW with easy peace terms and holding the mountains and probably dismissing a few units with 0 XP while hanging around King's Glade you should have enough money to build up at the tree at least 1 level and extra garrison building.

Then look for a Bretonnia or close Empire faction like Nuln without defensive alliances (Brets tend to ally fast but if you act before turn 40 you can get lucky sometimes). Estalia and Tilea are usually too far away at this point and the Beastmen spawning in Estalia require active defensive army or you'll lose all outposts there. Usually Mousillon is still alive and hardly ever has any defensive alliances so they are most often the first target after Skarsnik.

DoW and sit your main army near your target faction's main army in ambush mode- Mousillon often has 2-3 armies so you have to use ambush unless you are just a god of micro. By this point also some research for diplomacy and trade with Bretonnia should have been researched so you can get military access and trade pacts but if not don't worry- just take out Mousillon and consolidate. By this point it is around turn 40-50 and you should have 7-8 regions and now affording a 2nd stack isn't too bad. I still wouldn't upgrade tree past 2 at this point as amber shortage can really mess you up but if you have lots of gold and at least +1 amber(after upgrade) and like risk go ahead.

This is the point I look to start taking out other Woodies, usually Durchu first as he is most dangerous and also the easiest as that faction tends to expand. Make a small weak army led by the worst Lord you have and DoW while placing that army away from Durthu's main army while going into ambush mode with Orion near Durthu's capitol if there is an army there. If no army straight away attack and capture it with 2nd small army as reinforcements (it can be a hard battle depending how many garrison buildings and size of garrison army). Also this part is why I say don't upgrade tree past 2 because the AI almost always has level 3 or 4 tree and you'll get hit by immediate amber shortage. Defeat Durthu and then take down the other Wood Elves (you can save the one with highest level tree as ally/vassal if you want- can be handy and less amber issues). As a large power with trade resources and 2-3 armies you can now usually get most of the Bretonnian factions as allies or simply take their land whichever you prefer and go on from there. All that usually takes me between 70-90 turns on VH and +10 turns on L (extra is mostly 2-3 turns after big battles replenishing).
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
    I'm doing a 35 turn playthrough on VH right now. Start with technology to Hoeth, should take 22 turns. Built a Glade Guard Hide and began to raid my province. Turn 2 built 3 Hagbane GGs. Back to raiding. Rebellion pops up on turn 5, beat the army, gained a rank with Orion and the hero, then attacked the rebels the second time and finished it off. Chose Eye of Kurnos and Everreaching Tendrils. Gained a second rank and took the post-battle loot on Orion. Turn 7 rebellion again. Take second and third rank on post-battle and take the hero down the yellow tree. I had over 10k gold and built the King's Glade settlement level up.

Turn 9, another rebellion. Took Growth of the Forest and the corruption decreasing, then recruited 3 more Hagbane GGs. Built the Bower Workshop and the Roots of Ghyran. 11, another rebellion. Took the next level of blue talents. Turn 12, built 3 Deepwood Scouts and recruited a healing Spellsinger.

Turn 15 another rebellion, took the +10% replenishment trait. Turn 23, started to research the other side of the tech tree. I won't use amber on tech yet. Turn 25, King's Glade leveled up and I built the two temples and declared war on all three of the other factions. I then raised a second LL and gave them most of my units. I then put her into ambush stance with Orion nearby. This baited the enemy armies to come to me, and I killed one. This allowed me to then give the army back to Orion and take the leftmost WE town. The other LL started to raise another army.

The end goal with Orion is to get him to Lightning Strike on the blue tree, then take the ranged buff tree. By turn 35 I had two settlements, and had remade peace with the other two WE factions and finally was actually making cash. The whole time up to this, I was running a deficit and made up for it by killing the rebels.
    MrJade said:

I'm doing a 35 turn playthrough on VH right now. Start with technology to Hoeth, should take 22 turns. Built a Glade Guard Hide and began to raid my province. Turn 2 built 3 Hagbane GGs. Back to raiding. Rebellion pops up on turn 5, beat the army, gained a rank with Orion and the hero, then attacked the rebels the second time and finished it off. Chose Eye of Kurnos and Everreaching Tendrils. Gained a second rank and took the post-battle loot on Orion. Turn 7 rebellion again. Take second and third rank on post-battle and take the hero down the yellow tree. I had over 10k gold and built the King's Glade settlement level up.

Turn 9, another rebellion. Took Growth of the Forest and the corruption decreasing, then recruited 3 more Hagbane GGs. Built the Bower Workshop and the Roots of Ghyran. 11, another rebellion. Took the next level of blue talents. Turn 12, built 3 Deepwood Scouts and recruited a healing Spellsinger.

Turn 15 another rebellion, took the +10% replenishment trait. Turn 23, started to research the other side of the tech tree. I won't use amber on tech yet. Turn 25, King's Glade leveled up and I built the two temples and declared war on all three of the other factions. I then raised a second LL and gave them most of my units. I then put her into ambush stance with Orion nearby. This baited the enemy armies to come to me, and I killed one. This allowed me to then give the army back to Orion and take the leftmost WE town. The other LL started to raise another army.

The end goal with Orion is to get him to Lightning Strike on the blue tree, then take the ranged buff tree. By turn 35 I had two settlements, and had remade peace with the other two WE factions and finally was actually making cash. The whole time up to this, I was running a deficit and made up for it by killing the rebels.

The end goal is to capture one of the wood elves settlement. I'm going to try to get do this in my current playthough. If i cant then Ill start a new campaign and try to so . When you was raiding which areas was you raiding at? Would you like to see what i did in my play through.
  • lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    MrJade said:

this sounds like cheating
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

Ichon said:

WE start can be a bit tough due to finances and the constant Beastmen spawning (that might be a mod but 3-4 armies spawn every other turn in my games). It is hard to afford even 1 full army and nearby targets aren't easy at least on VH and L in my experience the nearby AI keeps its army near settlement until your army is far away or in ambush mode. The problem is the AI doesn't always move right away if you wait in ambush mode and as WE early you rarely have more than 5-10 turns of treasury with a full army and between waiting 3-5 turns for AI to move away far enough and then 2 turns to siege you can be bankrupt or 1 turn away before siege is won.

Currently I find the most reliable start as Orion is waiting the first 10-15 turns just upgrade a couple buildings and dismiss most of your starting units (keep the couple of AP/War Dancers since you can't get those for awhile). That allows your treasury to build up to support a nearly full army long enough to do something with it.

Almost always Skarsnik has defeated Karak Nuln or nearly so in the mountains and using world roots Orion can be there in 2 turns from his own territory. Fight Skarsnik for 4-10 turns (usually you can totally defeat him and wipe that faction but sometimes Beastmen or someone else attacks and usually garrison is too weak at this point to defend in King's Glade and that stretches out the time it takes to fully occupy those mountain settlements if Orion has to move back for defense.

Once that is done you'll probably need to move Orion back to fight a rebellion in King's Glade if no other faction has DoW. I've had Skarsnik even invite other Dwarfs into war against Orion but usually it is a Bretonnian faction that DoW or Angrund. (if Angrund just stay near King's Glade a few turns and ask for peace, if you defeat Angrund army there is a grudge and the AI rarely will accept peace so you have to wipe them out which can take along time). If you got the easiest path after defeating the rebellion in King's Glade where no DoW or DoW with easy peace terms and holding the mountains and probably dismissing a few units with 0 XP while hanging around King's Glade you should have enough money to build up at the tree at least 1 level and extra garrison building.

Then look for a Bretonnia or close Empire faction like Nuln without defensive alliances (Brets tend to ally fast but if you act before turn 40 you can get lucky sometimes). Estalia and Tilea are usually too far away at this point and the Beastmen spawning in Estalia require active defensive army or you'll lose all outposts there. Usually Mousillon is still alive and hardly ever has any defensive alliances so they are most often the first target after Skarsnik.

DoW and sit your main army near your target faction's main army in ambush mode- Mousillon often has 2-3 armies so you have to use ambush unless you are just a god of micro. By this point also some research for diplomacy and trade with Bretonnia should have been researched so you can get military access and trade pacts but if not don't worry- just take out Mousillon and consolidate. By this point it is around turn 40-50 and you should have 7-8 regions and now affording a 2nd stack isn't too bad. I still wouldn't upgrade tree past 2 at this point as amber shortage can really mess you up but if you have lots of gold and at least +1 amber(after upgrade) and like risk go ahead.

This is the point I look to start taking out other Woodies, usually Durchu first as he is most dangerous and also the easiest as that faction tends to expand. Make a small weak army led by the worst Lord you have and DoW while placing that army away from Durthu's main army while going into ambush mode with Orion near Durthu's capitol if there is an army there. If no army straight away attack and capture it with 2nd small army as reinforcements (it can be a hard battle depending how many garrison buildings and size of garrison army). Also this part is why I say don't upgrade tree past 2 because the AI almost always has level 3 or 4 tree and you'll get hit by immediate amber shortage. Defeat Durthu and then take down the other Wood Elves (you can save the one with highest level tree as ally/vassal if you want- can be handy and less amber issues). As a large power with trade resources and 2-3 armies you can now usually get most of the Bretonnian factions as allies or simply take their land whichever you prefer and go on from there. All that usually takes me between 70-90 turns on VH and +10 turns on L (extra is mostly 2-3 turns after big battles replenishing).

What Dow? What do you build in the King Glave and technology?
    Ichon said:

What does DoW mean? Which building do you build in the King Glaves and technology do you research?
  • bli-nk#6314bli-nk#6314 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,956
    edited July 2017
    DoW is Declaration of War.

First building is economic usually because if you do the growth building (most factions would go growth first) Wood Elves won't have enough money to build anyway unless you win alot of battles early (sacking this early does not give much) while fighting battles requires traveling pretty far as all the nearest factions tend to sit still in the early campaign.

Upgrading military building as well but disband everything but the war dancers and glaives and maybe the elite archers and wait for some turns to build up money. After some turns a hero will appear and you can use it to scout or have it deployed in the province for some benefits.

After a few turns when there is enough money for full army for several turns 8,000+ minimum but I usually wait for 10 to start recruiting as it starts increasing very slowly until turning negative just when you have nearly full army.

For research don't use any Amber at all for quite awhile if ever (I've beaten WE campaign without ever using Amber for research so it isn't necessary at all). WE research is fairly weak overall- best uses are for diplomacy and if you want eventually movement range or some other things that seem useful. Usually go either top or bottom a couple techs then aim for the + diplo for Bretonnia.
    Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society.” Mark Twain
  • endurstonehelm#6102endurstonehelm#6102 Registered Users Posts: 4,206
    Trade with wood elves requires a special building. I think it is the mask one.
    edited July 2017
    malzek said:

The end goal is to capture one of the wood elves settlement. I'm going to try to get do this in my current playthough. If i cant then Ill start a new campaign and try to so . When you was raiding which areas was you raiding at? Would you like to see what i did in my play through.

I raided my province. King's Glade.
    endur said:

Trade with wood elves requires a special building. I think it is the mask one.

Trade with non-WE requires a seat on the council which requires a building. But you have to have both, a general in that position and the position unlocked.
    lucibuis said:

this sounds like cheating

I don't see how. I even turned off all my mods for this.
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    Glade guard with shields asap. That +8 melee defense helps a lot. Tree kin are also amazing at holding ground for you. These units really help with protecting your archers.
  • zzdjdegmzzdjdegm New York, United StatesRegistered Users Posts: 269
    cavs are not that good either to be honest
  • bingbangbongbingbangbong Member Registered Users Posts: 684
    edited July 2017
    malzek said:

Just started the Wood Elves with Orion . What would be a good strategy for starting out. I know their infantry not that strong but they make up for that with cav and archer. Open to any advice because i would like to get with the faction.

Here what i did in the first 16 turns.

I just completed a campaign on legendary, which I found ridiculously easy as Argwylon. Here's my tips.

1. public order is your biggest issue, especially on legendary where it gives -8.
    deploy your branch wraith (hero) in your province for a +5 or more po bonus so your army is free to go conquering.

2. cash at the beginning is pretty dire, but this is easily fixable.
    i recruit 3 infantry, then go and raze the three nearest small bretonian (minor faction) settlements. this provides enough cash to upgrade settlement/buildings to t3 and get some troops. it also boosts relations with other wood elves.

3. main war targets
    your starting province is v.unlikely to be attacked if you keep po up to prevent rebellions. send your army to attack either norscans, the empire or orks. their settlements will bring 10-20k cash each one you raze. you can easily afford to operate on a deficit once you start this stage.

4. victory
    to win you need to upgrade oak of ages to t5. i found military alliances the best way to do this. if you want to win by conquest, i'd suggest targeting the empire. orcs or norscans are better for alliances, as everybody hates them

5. confederation
    be careful about when you confederate with other elves. for 8 turns after you get -8 po in all provinces

6. settlements outside athel lorien
    obviously wood elves can conquer anywhere, but building income is horrific from outposts. there is however a tech granting +400% income from ports. this means coastal outposts bring in 400-500 cash per turn. you can use these to supplement your income and keep it from going negative.

zzdjdegm said:

They seem pretty decent to me.

Post edited by bingbangbong on
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    zzdjdegm said:

Can't hate on Glade Riders they shoot as far as normal Wood Elf archers perfect for harassing every faction they also can easily take out skirmishers from most factions in one charge min loss. They out run most cav in the game add hagbane tips and they do out run every cav in the game.

Wild Riders are vicious on the charge but with there lack of armor they do struggle against elite heavy cav and mass archer fire so avoid those situations. They are great for rear charging enemies and destroying light infantry.

A nice little bonus for Wood Elf cav is that they don't suffer speed penalties in the woods so if you need to get away from enemy cav shortcut through a forest
    Died during the great YOYO wars
    Ichon said:

DoW is Declaration of War.

First building is economic usually because if you do the growth building (most factions would go growth first) Wood Elves won't have enough money to build anyway unless you win alot of battles early (sacking this early does not give much) while fighting battles requires traveling pretty far as all the nearest factions tend to sit still in the early campaign.

Upgrading military building as well but disband everything but the war dancers and glaives and maybe the elite archers and wait for some turns to build up money. After some turns a hero will appear and you can use it to scout or have it deployed in the province for some benefits.

After a few turns when there is enough money for full army for several turns 8,000+ minimum but I usually wait for 10 to start recruiting as it starts increasing very slowly until turning negative just when you have nearly full army.

For research don't use any Amber at all for quite awhile if ever (I've beaten WE campaign without ever using Amber for research so it isn't necessary at all). WE research is fairly weak overall- best uses are for diplomacy and if you want eventually movement range or some other things that seem useful. Usually go either top or bottom a couple techs then aim for the + diplo for Bretonnia.

Other then the hero i start out with i didn't get another one unless i recruited one. Building the economy building first. What did you build after that? Getting diplo with Bretonnia would be easy to do.