Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

A Total War Saga – Q&A

Comments

• Bura89Bura89 Senior Member Pisaurum, ItalyPosts: 594Registered Users

They haven't renamed Fall of the Samurai yet but they said they were considering it.

I'm sure they said the exact opposite.
  • AeronauticoAeronautico Junior Member Posts: 10Registered Users
    Bura89 said:

They haven't renamed Fall of the Samurai yet but they said they were considering it.

I'm sure they said the exact opposite.
    I raised the question on the other thread and they replied as you recall but at the very end of this Q&A list they stated otherwise, they are considering so.
  • uditamauditama Junior Member Posts: 2Registered Users
    It is will be interesting if they create the rise of islam caliphate, the era set on the muslim conquest on byzantine and Persian empire
  • hitman_8182hitman_8182 Member Posts: 34Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    I will buy this Saga first and later for next Major historical game :)
    Actually I am waiting Empire 2 or Medieval 3 for long time, ;) please let me have them as soon as possible.

• Psycho_VPsycho_V Registered User Posts: 503Registered Users
    uditama said:

It is will be interesting if they create the rise of islam caliphate, the era set on the muslim conquest on byzantine and Persian empire

Highly unlikely to have anything with "Islam" & "conquest" in it.

Remember the huge outcry following Papal statements "(Muhammad's) command to spread by the sword the faith he preached" .. "It is true that the idea of conquest is inherent in the soul of Islam"?

my2bob
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • AvanNeriusAvanNerius Posts: 2Registered Users
    I think the War of the Roses could be a good start for the sagas. A period of 30 years, sort of, and will be good for a improved diplomacy system.

I think the War of the Roses could be a good start for the sagas. A period of 30 years, sort of, and will be good for a improved diplomacy system.

lol ... diplo on steroids!
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • ESKEHLESKEHL Senior Member Posts: 481Registered Users
    "Total War Saga: Crusades", that would be awesome and it would be fairly simple to be done given what has been done already in Attila.

It could have a larger scope than Medieval II Crusades expansion, featuring a similar map as in Attila with a bit more settlements perhaps feature Nordic Crusades as well? It could retain most features from Attila. Perhaps have governors being replaced by dukes and add functions around them to depict feudalism such civil wars etc. A Pope function could be added in a similar way as in Medieval II as well as religious orders. Perhaps starting the game closer to the first crusade or after it with a narrative that stretches from the first crusade and 200 years forward with the mongols as a horde coming in as an end game feature. 4 turns per year from 1100 would give the player 800 turns to the year 1300. Playable factions could be those that was initially playable in Medieval II plus Jerusalem, Byzantines, turks and Abbasids

That would give the player a natural continuation of the Age of Charlamagne, plus it satisfies everyone craving for a Medieval III.

What DO you guys think?
  • mishu_warriormishu_warrior Posts: 6Registered Users
    Evrika!

I think I got it!

The image in the saga announcement is SOOOOOO similar to Irish eastern coast! Go on google earth to see it...
    And, guess what, THAT part of Irish coast is near DROGHEDA!!!

There are not many cities in that area, Drogheda is one of the few.
    The city was taken by Oliver Cromwell in 1649 and it was the site of a massacre of the Royalist defenders.

So: British Civil War - turning point in history.
    Map concentrated on one area: Britain
    New weapons and military strategies: they can't use the same as in attila or rome 2, it would be boring.
    The weapons of that age can be easily integrated in a total war game.
    I think they will give us the choice beetween Royalist and Parliament, so the game won't be character based...

Tutto fila, amici miei!

Saluti da Roma! Caput Mundi still 753 B.C.
  • PatsFan2017PatsFan2017 Junior Member Posts: 1Users Awaiting Email Confirmation - NO EMAIL

Still looking for a good Persian War DLC - From Marathon to Platea...

Always wanted the challenge of the Greeks against a focused Persian horde

A better Alexander wouldn't hurt either

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,156Registered Users
    Will Saga going to have dlc also?
  • Duke_DavrosDuke_Davros Posts: 1Registered Users
    I'm guessing that the saga is gonna be set following the migration period so from about 650bc onwards? They have said it'll move forward from Rome 2's timeframe in 'much the same way as attila' and Attila covered the migration period quite intensively so makes sense... Perhaps Britain 797 bc with the first recorded Viking raid? Surely cant be as late as 1066 cos they'd link that with medieval....
  • thewhiteindianthewhiteindian Senior Member Posts: 418Registered Users
    Mithridatic Wars
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithridatic_Wars

Roman (early republic) Conquest of Italy up to Pyrrhic war https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ancient_peoples_of_Italy

Aulus Gabinius (Pompey's lieutenant), Governor of Syria, wars in Mesopotamia, Judea and illegal war in Ptolemaic Egypt and against Caesar in Alexandrian War https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gabiniani

All with vast maps and a cities. Updated siege and naval mechanics. and political system that try to strip your faction of commands and your ability to revolt, if you have enough money and auctoritas
  • DreadedNorwegianDreadedNorwegian Senior Member Posts: 1,175Registered Users

I'm guessing that the saga is gonna be set following the migration period so from about 650bc onwards? They have said it'll move forward from Rome 2's timeframe in 'much the same way as attila' and Attila covered the migration period quite intensively so makes sense... Perhaps Britain 797 bc with the first recorded Viking raid? Surely cant be as late as 1066 cos they'd link that with medieval....

I thin you mean A.D.
    Enig og tro til Dovre faller!
  • masterslaymasterslay Junior Member Posts: 43Registered Users
    So think we can at last get the kawagoe castle historical battle for shogun 2, now that you are being so generous on your 30th anniversary and have this flashpoint team?
  • Aiborne82Aiborne82 Posts: 1Registered Users
    I mean if you guys are going to mention Fall of the Samurai or go back to that time period with rifles again I think the American civil war would be an amazing title for a standalone minicampaign like this. Hasn't been done yet and it would be one hell of a game
  • AhmetolerAhmetoler Posts: 3Registered Users
    We need historical game's infos. Can you hear us? ((((
  • ZeRoDefencesZeRoDefences Posts: 5Registered Users
    I hope Total War wil make a game taking place in Middle-Earth.
  • amius87amius87 Posts: 2Registered Users
    hello, I have a question. tell me please why don't you creat TOTAL WAR of world war 2 story? it would be very interesting to play. modern battle troops and so on. I would be glad to see TOTAL WAR with modern battle troops.
  • imperialguard82imperialguard82 Posts: 2Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    I don't know when this Total War Saga is set I only know the picture they used to announce Total War Saga is a picture of the east coast of Ireland, to be specific between the towns of Drogheda and Dundalk, I know this because at the middle of a picture you see a bay between two mountains and if you look at the area I mentioned on Google Maps using Satellite and in 3D you will see that same bay to the north west of Dundalk

This means that we will most likely seeing the Viking Era as it is the only significant event that happened in Ireland at this time.

The problem is unless I'm imagining it there is a settlement just over the L in TOTAL which would be the town of Drogheda founded in 1194 by the Normans.

The picture so you can see my point.
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5022456/uploads/editor/f6/anqvfoywjvls.png
  • Hemant_85Hemant_85 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    Just googled Drogheda and what it says on Wikipedia is that it was founded 911 by the Vikings but was given first charter in 1194. So it could verywell be a game focused on the Viking Era.
  • morgenjansenmorgenjansen Junior Member Posts: 8Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    The big thing about drogheda was that Cromwell, the murdering **** that he was, murdered thousands of innocents for his crappy **** bag nonesense god in drogheda, so it could all be a english civil war addition to TW, hope not!
    Post edited by dge1 on
  • VavourasVavouras Junior Member Posts: 9Registered Users
    Can we expect the next historical release before 2025 ?
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    Vavouras said:

Can we expect the next historical release before 2025 ?

We will let you know more as soon as we're ready to talk about it (i.e. as soon as our elaborate marketing campaign considers it appropriate to lift the iron curtain a bit). Until then, stay tuned to our social media and forums.
    İ think.You should let us know more as soon....We are waiting long time..
    Ahmetoler said:

They likely haven't anything to show atm ..
  • Sughdian WarriorSughdian Warrior Senior Member Posts: 187Registered Users
    edited October 2017
    Psycho_V said:

Ahmetoler said:

They most likely do. But their marketing is scared as hell that the moment you see it you'll refund your TWW II on Steam. They have their statistics, charts and so on, and I guess based on that there can't be any talk about anything else while you, dear TW player, should be mesmerised by the TWW II and buy the "Serpent God Edition". Preferably twice.
    Post edited by Sughdian Warrior on
  • mirohmiroh Member Posts: 123Registered Users
    The waiting is so haaaaaard.... I check the forums 2 times a day :s
    İ think.. We (Historical Total War Fan) are so important for Total war game.We usually hear new total war games but.. we didnt see pictures and other infos..and i think. Total War shouldnt lose us...))

Psycho_V said:

Ahmetoler said:

They most likely do. But their marketing is scared as hell that the moment you see it you'll refund your TWW II on Steam. They have their statistics, charts and so on, and I guess based on that there can't be any talk about anything else while you, dear TW player, should be mesmerised by the TWW II and buy the "Serpent God Edition". Preferably twice.
    Don't get me started on missing game components sold as over-priced DLC :)