Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

Comments

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679
    "- Flame Phoenix Rebirth! I wonder what that will do? Perhaps if it dies in Combat and your army survives it comes back as a Frost? Or will it actually rebirth in Battle? Really curious about this."
    iirc it had been actually already confirmed that the Phoenix will get revived IN BATTLE
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • Icebern12Icebern12 Registered Users Posts: 195
    I still think the high elves stats are nerfed in units like the swordmasters or the spearmen, the he units here have many chevrons and the balance of power was in favor of them from the beginning, it was obvious they wanted to highligh the high elves and having them win and still the fight wasn't a walk in the park.

Melee attack of the spearmen is pathetic but i guess they went for the high defense low attack approach. The main problem is that their numbers are too similar to those of factions like the empire so their stats can't be much better, happened the same with the wood elves.

Meh steel and faith will get it right
  • BiesBies Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,631
    Kroxigors so badass intro right there, love them =P

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Sebor02Sebor02 Registered Users Posts: 343
    edited July 2017

"-
    iirc it had been actually already confirmed that the Phoenix will get revived IN BATTLE

Does it revive as another Flame or as a frost phoenix?

And to the post above! Yeah they look awesome! love their weapons too. Looking forward to run with a main line of Kroxigors with a few Carno's on the flank.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455
    Eternal guard have AP damage, so I wouldn't jump too quickly in favor of HE spears-- but I wouldn't be surprised if HE spears are going to be cheaper.

Also, 165 range on The Sea Guard, holy mother of god CA, those guys are going to be spammed to hell and back in multiplayer.

I know, subject to change, but still-- Ellyrian Reavers with bows should be pretty darn good in melee, but they're not. It had to do with Ellyrian Reavers getting to be too expensive. And yet, the Sea Guard have excellent melee and skirmishing stats on their unit card. What gives.

-_____________________-
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
    Seldkam said:

Eternal guard have AP damage, so I wouldn't jump too quickly in favor of HE spears-- but I wouldn't be surprised if HE spears are going to be cheaper.

-_____________________-

I'm guessing comparing the stats that Eternal guard is more offensive but also more expensive but purely for holding the line HE spearmen all the way. Which is what I want them for anyway. And yes it seems they will be cheaper.

Personally it would be nice if they made the HE lower in numbers but with much better stats and a bit more expensive.
  • Icebern12Icebern12 Registered Users Posts: 195
    The shields look better now and the dragon princes look awesome, the phoenix guard looks better in the tabletop, ca definitely has a problem with gold luminosity or maybe it's the textures? I'm not sure.

The phoenixes models and sound look good, the animations are cheap, the only high elf model they had to put work on and they copy pasted it from the great eagle, they even made the phoenixes smaller for it. All the shinies in animations went for the skaven and lizardmen and probably the dark elf hydra. :(
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    I think none of these current stats are going to be the same by the time youtubers start playing this in September a lot of play testing and balancing still to come over the next couple months
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 994
    Kroxigors are very cool! Loving their crocodile look!
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 622
    Love how much better the shields look. The bejeweled golden ornaments really bring the whole package together.
  • SetrusSetrus Senior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 18,715
    Tyrion. :love:
    Phoenixe. :love::love:
    High elf spearmen. :love:
    Dragon Princes. :love:
    Skinks. :love::love:
    Stegadon. :love:
    Chameleon skins. :love::love:
    Terradon rider kill animation. :love:
    Fighting near a rainbow. :love:

Total of 12 :love:

Don't worry.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 784
    edited July 2017
    Yay finally get to see the Kroxigors. <3
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,715
    Just got a chance to watch it. Love it! I have no complaints other than wanting more because I'm an addict.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,629

Looks like High Elf shields have a silver rating so they will have a 50% block chance to missiles that makes the Spearmen a great front line unit and the Sea Guard will be amazing in a skirmish fight

The silver denotes the material type I believe, you have to mouse over to see actual percentage you can verify it in your own Warhammer one goblins have 60 some missile block chance despite having brown (wooden shields).

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
  • DerbyherbDerbyherb Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 87
    I for one like the speed of warhammer battles. I see no good reason they need to take more time than they already do.
  • KrilralKrilral Member Registered Users Posts: 910

Looks like High Elf shields have a silver rating so they will have a 50% block chance to missiles that makes the Spearmen a great front line unit and the Sea Guard will be amazing in a skirmish fight

The silver denotes the material type I believe, you have to mouse over to see actual percentage you can verify it in your own Warhammer one goblins have 60 some missile block chance despite having brown (wooden shields).
    That doesn't seem right. I just checked and bronze and silver are 35 and 55 percent missile block chance respectively with no exceptions. If your goblins had 60%, it's possible they were under the effect of a buff of some kind.

Also, material type has no effect on stats in total war, so there's no reason to give us that info.
  • UrgatUrgat Registered Users Posts: 996
    Everything looks great, I'm just a tad disapointed at the phoenix(es?). I expect them more impressive, they're just blue or yellow and leaving cloud behinds, they're not the fiery, living flames(/frosty whatever) I hoped for.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,855

No, just wrong. Goblins have silver shields for one(unless they changed that) and it goes under olympic style ratings(Bronze, SIlver, Gold which IIRC isn't actually in game but it is a potential shield as I have seen it in mods). Bronze is I believe 25% and Silver is either 50 or 55%.
  • killehtkilleht Registered Users Posts: 75
    Looks like the AI use of magic has been improved compared to that other video I saw some time ago with High Elves against Lizardmen.

Can anyone confirm that CA is working on improving the AI use of magic? :-D
  • forsythforsyth Registered Users Posts: 195
    edited July 2017
    VERY WELL DONE CA! I was one of those people that hated the shields! Really hated. But these really do look the part and i'm happy with them. I think Tyrion looks great.

My only criticism relates to the wings on Tyrions helmet look a bit wide and fat. they need to be more aerodynamic looking, thinner, longer and closer to the helmet but i am still very happy with the Asur! You guys have put a lot of effort!

So to that effect i have pre-ordered :smile:
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Registered Users Posts: 859
    edited July 2017
    Great video, love the units.

I wonder why Darren didn't mention the white lions though.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,902
    About battlespeed:

Of course it's kind of fast, there are gigantic monsters and magical bombardments happening. They obviously should do a lot of damage.
    just a small note. Seems there will be 14 HE factions in game. How many are there supposed to be in Ulthuan? according to lore?
  • PhaonixPhaonix Senior Member Georgia, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,297
    Sebor02 said:

just a small note. Seems there will be 14 HE factions in game. How many are there supposed to be in Ulthuan? according to lore?

there are 10 kingdoms, 1 citadel in Lustria that is city sized, 1 city sized citadel on the Southernmost tip of the Southlands, Teclis' Expedition probably has its own flag, and there is a High Elf staging base in Naggaroth
    "And you spoke of being an heir to the throne, did you not, mother? Vasusen needs no throne. He has his seat in the hearts of the common people. That is the best throne a man can ever look for. I need no other." Karna to his mother Kunti on the eve of the battle of Kurukshetra
  • KopeshKopesh Member Registered Users Posts: 566
    Phaonix said:

Sebor02 said:

there are 10 kingdoms, 1 citadel in Lustria that is city sized, 1 city sized citadel on the Southernmost tip of the Southlands, Teclis' Expedition probably has its own flag, and there is a High Elf staging base in Naggaroth
    Don't forget the High Elf colony of Arnheim in south-eastern Naggaroth.
  • PhaonixPhaonix Senior Member Georgia, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,297
    Kopesh said:

Phaonix said:

Sebor02 said:

Don't forget the High Elf colony of Arnheim in south-eastern Naggaroth.
    that would be the staging base I mentioned
    "And you spoke of being an heir to the throne, did you not, mother? Vasusen needs no throne. He has his seat in the hearts of the common people. That is the best throne a man can ever look for. I need no other." Karna to his mother Kunti on the eve of the battle of Kurukshetra
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    So do we know what the "Attuned to Magic" attribute is yet? Or is it flavor text like the "fast (for a dwarf)"?
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    Wow the lets play was really smooth and relaxing compared to your previous lets plays...plz do moar!!!

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    Just had time to watch it now. HE units look great now. Happy to see that SM now also deflect arrows. Dragon Princes are perfect.

Concerning the stats, I hope they always opt for lower numbers, but better stats. Anyway, very excited.

Hopefully we get some more insight into their spells.
  • PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,506
    High elf need buff before release

Spearmen +10 armor (seriously ? spearmen have lower armor than sea guard)

Swordmaster + 10 melee attack +10 melee def , since they have low hp they should have better killing power .

Phoenix guard + 10 melee defend , same as swordmaster reason.