Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

High Elf Let's Play - Mosquito Swamps

Comments

• SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455

So do we know what the "Attuned to Magic" attribute is yet? Or is it flavor text like the "fast (for a dwarf)"?

If I remember correctly there's a short part where the WoM are at 5 and there's a comment about how the Phoenixes aren't going to be as strong... so I think it is a real thing.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • Sebor02Sebor02 Registered Users Posts: 343
    Seldkam said:

So do we know what the "Attuned to Magic" attribute is yet? Or is it flavor text like the "fast (for a dwarf)"?

If I remember correctly there's a short part where the WoM are at 5 and there's a comment about how the Phoenixes aren't going to be as strong... so I think it is a real thing.
    ah thats how it works. I see. Yeah he mentioned twice to gain more WoM as that would make the Phoenixes stronger.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    If it's only about the phoenixes, the devs said in one of the E3 (I think) videos that the flamespyre phoenix is stronger the stronger the winds of magic are. It's meant for HE players who do not want to focus on mages.

• epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    Seldkam said:

Awesome, thanks! I must have missed that part.

Phoenixes are such cool fantasy creatures that are underrepresented, definitely my favorite part of the video today.

Plus the rebirth mechanic gives me a small bit of hope for there being other "rebirth" creatures....*COUGH*abomination*COUGH* :wink:
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,455

Seldkam said:

Phoenixes are such cool fantasy creatures that are underrepresented, definitely my favorite part of the video today.

Plus the rebirth mechanic gives me a small bit of hope for there being other "rebirth" creatures....*COUGH*abomination*COUGH* :wink:
    Heh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the kharbydiss
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,632
    Ugh shields still look hideous. Red and blue? Those aren't HE colors.

Bummer.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    edited July 2017

Bummer.

Meh, in the uniforms and heraldry, it covers a lot of variants of colour HE can use. Red and Blue features for the Dragon gate? I believe (Along with the typical Greens of Caledor/Averlorn). Even a few others. It isn't unheard of to see it in Eataine either (Lothern sea guard have blue with a red sea dragon whose name I can never remember).

Anything that is colourful the HE can justify using.

Other then that, I think the shields look really great now. Some of the colours are funky, but hey, I'm happy to see lots of variety for sure.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,632
    Of course any color combo can be justified in one way or another. But it dosent change the fact that it looks terrible and is a far cry from the traditional blue and white that HE are known for.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 15,451

Of course any color combo can be justified in one way or another. But it dosent change the fact that it looks terrible and is a far cry from the traditional blue and white that HE are known for.

It looks fine to me.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
    While it's a bit sad that there seems to be no faction at all which seems to have the traditional blue/white scheme, except for a few of those shown (looking at the Teclis faction ugh), they look good now in my opinion.

They based the designs pretty much on uniforms & heraldry book, which sport far less white/blue shield combinations as Nemox mentioned above. So, it's not just "justified in one way or the other, but coming from original sources.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,397
    edited July 2017

Bummer.

Blue/red, I remember Bretonnia....

Anyways, maybe Teclis' faction would have the Blue/White combo just like in the announcement trailer....

Post edited by jamreal18 on
    Sadly, judging from his banner, it's likely that Teclis has the pink/purple combo. Shudder.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    Teclis have 99.9% procent white and blue theme.
  • Jouni.kautto@elisanet.fi[email protected] Registered Users Posts: 6
    Am I the only one getting Pokémony wibe from the Phoenixes? Especially in the start when they hover behind the infantry line? Overall love the look of the second game.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,527
    You can do a whole lot worse then Moltres and Articuno for inspiration
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • PLHenryPLHenry Registered Users Posts: 1,518
    Seldkam said:

Seldkam said:

Heh, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the kharbydiss
    The Kharibydss is definitely being added to the game at some point. They wouldn't spend all that time making animations for the hydra only, to justify the cost of such an expensive units animations they will make other units based off of it. You'll definitely see the Kharibdyss, I wouldn't be surprised if we also see an RoR Hydra too.

None of the 14 shields they show has a white and blue theme. One though looks very much like the colors they showed on his flag during the campaign vid.

I'd love to have white and blue for him, but might be something different.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,897
    Geldor said:

None of the 14 shields they show has a white and blue theme. One though looks very much like the colors they showed on his flag during the campaign vid.

Now you got me worried he will be running around with the godawful pink...
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    Geldor said:

Doesn't matter. In campaign map they showed him with blue and white and in the trailer as well. Doesn't make sens if they choose other color that the most popular one.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,842
    Pray said:

High elf need buff before release

Spearmen +10 armor (seriously ? spearmen have lower armor than sea guard)

Swordmaster + 10 melee attack +10 melee def , since they have low hp they should have better killing power .

Phoenix guard + 10 melee defend , same as swordmaster reason.

I would like if people stopped doing this before they even played a single battle with the faction themselves.

• HarlecHarlec Registered Users Posts: 308
    I liked the battle, the units look amazing.
    The UI needs imO a little bit polish, to grey and plain for me.

Regarding the stats I am sure they will change a bit before the release.
    Also, I remember the HE had a buff to stats if they are above 50% Ledership.
    So, I'am not sure about that.
  • PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,508

Pray said:

Swordmaster + 10 melee attack +10 melee def , since they have low hp they should have better killing power .

I would like if people stopped doing this before they even played a single battle with the faction themselves.
    again and agian , if you pro enough you can judge unit by read stat . like i said in long time ago before game one release "Demigryph knight will be OP" or before wood elf release i said Waywatcher goona UP. :)

Pray said:

Pray said:

again and agian , if you pro enough you can judge unit by read stat . like i said in long time ago before game one release "Demigryph knight will be OP" or before wood elf release i said Waywatcher goona UP. :)

Upkeep balances that, ever tried to pay for 10 Demigryphs^^
    The HE Dragonknights will be pretty OP too, combine them with the firephoenix and voilà OP killercombo.

Dragonknights are immun to fire soooo... no friendly phoenix burns.

• AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,270
    Looks like Loremaster has access to Lore of Life and Shadows at least:

And some peculiar book ability I don't know what is:

Cool!
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    It's surprising that the Dragon Princes don't have AP. So they wouldn't stand a good chance against other elite cav oder strong armoured enemies.

Also I hope for a a white/blue colour scheme in campaign, those red/blue does not look that good. And Spearmen look a bit weak stat-wise.

But I have to say: Great work, CA! Shields look better now, Tyrion is okay, Armour looks better, too and you captured the arrogance of the elves pretty well. Swordmasters even got their arrow deflection, I'm satisfied.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,397
    Question:

Why do Phoenix Guards have blue mist around them?
    They do have a noticeable aura also in the fluff, caused by Asuryan (statswise it's the ward, and fear they cause).
  • CyberianKCyberianK Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 40
    Spearmen look like they are about Empire Spear+Shield equal just higher leadership cause elves and higher melee defence because of their racial feature thing.

Would be fine for me.
  • corvus_codexcorvus_codex Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,072
    I just realized that CA has done a reload animation for the chameleons.

maaan, i need one for the empire gunner and so...
    "I am the harbinger of your demise. I am the nightmare in all mortals. I am the thing you fear the most. I am death..."
    —Valkia the Bloody.