Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gameplay for the new TWW1 DLC on the 19th of July

mare_mare_ Registered Users Posts: 65
edited July 2017 in General Discussion

Discovered by accident, and could not find it anywhere else as of making this thread (twitter, facebook etc.)

Comments

• KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,934
    edited July 2017
    Betting on a trailer on Monday then. Good to know. Maybe a teaser on Saturday aswell, they have done that before IIRC.
  • Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    Nice, do people think the release will be a couple of weeks after that?
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,648
    @AwesomeLion will be a happy chappy. Or chapess.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,708
    Kislev incoming!

What about FLC?
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• mare_mare_ Registered Users Posts: 65
    I'd imagine that the DLC comes at the end of this month.
  • TalmoreanTalmorean Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Krunch said:

Betting on a trailer on Monday then. Good to know. Maybe a teaser on Saturday aswell, they have done that before IIRC.

Perhaps a Missive on Saturday? Standard Missive -> 1-2 days -> Trailer -> Roster Reveal?

It might be expedited because it's DLC and not Game 2.
    Also, Charge your Phone @mare_ :wink:
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Registered Users Posts: 859
    This means the DLC Race will be available max 1 months from now (1 week from trailer, then 3 week max to be available like WE I guess).

Which also implies that the Old friend is really happening soon. ;)
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,727

This means the DLC Race will be available max 1 months from now (1 week from trailer, then 3 week max to be available like WE I guess).

Completely speculative, but I hope it's right. There is nothing about when they show a trailer that says when the content has to be released. It could still be released the day before WH2. I don't think so and it damn well better not, but just saying that you can't see a trailer announcement and state with complete certainty that it has to be out by a certain time.

If that was the case, the old friend would have been out last year.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

Completely speculative, but I hope it's right. There is nothing about when they show a trailer that says when the content has to be released. It could still be released the day before WH2. I don't think so and it damn well better not, but just saying that you can't see a trailer announcement and state with complete certainty that it has to be out by a certain time.

I agree, completely speculative, but remember...it's been since the END of FEBRUARY they've had to work on this. I think the timetable will be expedited.
  • mare_mare_ Registered Users Posts: 65

The thing is if you look at their previous DLC's, and the statement about this DLC, then you will understand that what he says is most likely what's going to happen.
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Registered Users Posts: 859

Indeed this is purely speculative, I should have added "considering what we've seen so far".

Although if I'm right, the DLC pack would be available mid august which would fit just fine with CA's statement that the DLC would be playable "far in advance" from TWWII release date.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    lucibuis said:

Kislev incoming!

What about FLC?

CA specifically said this DLC won't be Kislev. Are you trolling?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    Yep the big debate between Norsca and TEB is about to come to a close... Still time for last min bets folks
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,727

Indeed this is purely speculative, I should have added "considering what we've seen so far".

Although if I'm right, the DLC pack would be available mid august which would fit just fine with CA's statement that the DLC would be playable "far in advance" from TWWII release date.
    Oh yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just don't want people set up for disappointment. I think your timetable is likely. I just can imagine the screams if it doesn't happen.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,447
    Finally.. I might preorder soon then.

Anyone know if this is the first time a company has delayed details on a preorder bonus? Just wondering, it's the first time I've ever seen that.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 593

Finally.. I might preorder soon then.

Anyone know if this is the first time a company has delayed details on a preorder bonus? Just wondering, it's the first time I've ever seen that.

Don't think it is the 1rst time, but maybe the longest time it has taken to reveal the preorder bonus.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    Arsenic said:

@AwesomeLion will be a happy chappy. Or chapess.

BEEP BEEP!

*ahem*

BEEEEP BEEEEEP BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP!
    Total War: Warhammer <3

Yep the big debate between Norsca and TEB is about to come to a close... Still time for last min bets folks

THE MOOT!
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,596
    Norsca! Albion!
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,820
    edited July 2017
    my my... CA picks up speed don't they?
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,268
    SiWI said:

my my... CA picks up speed don't they?

And I am.. luuuuuvin' it! =D

@Arsenic can probably attest to my impatience for news about this ^.^
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • lucibuislucibuis Registered Users Posts: 6,708
    That banner background is empire and green skins?
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

lucibuis said:

That's the Generic Warhammer Total War banner. It's what shows up on steam and stuff. Kinda like how Total War has been using a medieval knight on a rearing horse for 20 years, but not every game is Medieval etc...
  • SegersgiaSegersgia Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 299
    lucibuis said:

Well it is warhammer 1 dlc
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,770
    edited July 2017
    Source: link

Next Wednesday stream (19 of July) will be dedicated to the new Race Pack for game 1 apparently.

This means, most likely, that the DLC will be first introduced on next Monday/Tuesday.
  • OrkfaellerOrkfaeller Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,329
    lucibuis said:

Kislev incoming!

I wished.

• ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,770
    Woops, didn't notice there was a thread about it already: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/196512/gameplay-for-the-new-tww1-dlc-on-the-19th-of-july

Feel free to merge/delete.
  • YakintonYakinton Registered Users Posts: 414

lucibuis said:

Kislev incoming!

I wished.

We will have them, one day. untill then we will have war Mammoth!
  • RandomTagRandomTag Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    Felmir, Werewolf and Chaos Mammoth!! Norsca incoming!!