Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gameplay for the new TWW1 DLC on the 19th of July

Comments

• lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    Fimir confirmed?
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• MontresorMontresor Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 322
    lucibuis said:

Fimir confirmed?

If only.
  • MemnonSBMemnonSB Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 595
    Just for make this clear-one important quastion-
    1.-Its DLC for Warhammer I-but this is DLC-bonus for pre-order Warhammer II?
    2.-Its DLC just "plain" for Warhammer I.?
  • Talmorean#3084Talmorean#3084 Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Memnon said:

Just for make this clear-one important quastion-
    1.-Its DLC for Warhammer I-but this is DLC-bonus for pre-order Warhammer II?
    2.-Its DLC just "plain" for Warhammer I.?

The only DLC left for WH:1 is the Pre-Order bonus.
    The other two are Old Friend, and an FLC that will benefit both vanilla and DLC faction owners.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    Hopefully the DLC will release a week or two at most after the gameplay reveal. I want a sizeable gametime with the DLC before Warhammer 2 comes out.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,087
    Finally the Moot will be seperated from the oppression of Stirland!
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    edited July 2017
    Norsca race pack or Albion.
    Post edited by KGpoopy on
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    Moot is very possible. Keep in mind they said they added monster units. Which faction do we know that has the most monsterous units? The Halflings.

..All Halflings are monsters -.-
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    Disappointed TEB fans in 4/5 days.
  • Biggles#4266Biggles#4266 Registered Users Posts: 3,075
    Zoats are the obvious choice here people.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    Clearly WoC Tzeentch, base faction that exists to be reworked, up mnnorth, cryptic clues.... ;P

(I mean yeah Norsica the obvious front-runner but when have CA taken the obvious choice)
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,387
    Petromir said:

Clearly WoC Tzeentch, base faction that exists to be reworked, up mnnorth, cryptic clues.... ;P

(I mean yeah Norsica the obvious front-runner but when have CA taken the obvious choice)

When they included Skaven in TWW2? :p
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,197
    edited July 2017
    KGpoopy said:

Southlands? Most likely, to give old world Skaven a start pos challenge.

Is there even a faction such as 'Albion'? Googled, apparently there is:

Quite wild. And pleasant in a way, or two.
  • SiWI#8629SiWI#8629 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,014
    Petromir said:

the obvious front runner for a minor race would have been Kislev... hence why CA directly told us that it isn't them.

Without them out, pretty much everyone would bet Kislev...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

KGpoopy said:

Not officially. There are unofficial fan-made army books for just about anything that's been mentioned in passing in the fluff. At best, they can give you an indication at what's been hinted at in the fluff. At worst, they're total fabrications.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    SiWI said:

Petromir said:

the obvious front runner for a minor race would have been Kislev... hence why CA directly told us that it isn't them.

Without them out, pretty much everyone would bet Kislev...
    Well yes if they hadn't been ruled out they probably would have been the front-runner, but they have so...

Not sure Kislev would get enough bets for pretty much everyone, looking at the discussion could easily be the largest but still less than half.
  • FabiFabi Registered Users Posts: 227
    Norsca is so obvious, cant believe that some are still doubtful. Its an already existing race with monsters that is not kislev. TEB doesnt really have monsters while Norsca can have cute furry mammoths.

Additionally they will be an important part of game 2 to spice up the northern map, as Naggaroth is pretty empty compared to lustria with the HE, Lizardmen and Skaven fighting there.

Furthermore Norsca is a pretty big part of the first game's map that is hardly used except for chaos and will be an important connection to game 3 and the chaos wastes.

Lastly Norsca was explicitly mentioned as a faction in the new world in the campaign map video while the shown Estalian faction wasnt mentioned, despite being clearly visible.

Even more lastly, the northern part of game 1 was the only area in the map that has yet to get any new factions and the artstyle shown in the historical trailer for the vikings was probably made by the same artists working on Norsca.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,197
    Draxynnic said:

KGpoopy said:

Not officially. There are unofficial fan-made army books for just about anything that's been mentioned in passing in the fluff. At best, they can give you an indication at what's been hinted at in the fluff. At worst, they're total fabrications.
    To hell with it then. Here I hoped for some new brand of savages. Safety of island is my kind of gameplay!

I hope this Old Friend is going to be a faction. LL would be sweet too, but faction is well.. faction!
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    edited July 2017
    Albion is mostly old lore, and very little is knows about it or its inhabitants, definitely not enough to create a full army list out of it. I even believe it was retconned as having being invaded and subjugated by a Lizardmen army led by Kroq-gar (even though the native populations were not completely exterminated in the process).

I mean, of course CA could write a completely new set of units and background for anything, as long as GW agrees (and given Andy Hall is lead writer, I doubt he would ever come out with stuff GW would not agree on). But factions like Albion, Amazons, Cathay, Ind and the such, wich are thrown around from time to time here on the forum, are actually very close to a completely blank slate, when it comes to official lore.
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,901

Albion is mostly old lore, and very little is knows about it or its inhabitants, definitely not enough to create a full army list out of it. I even believe it was retconned as having being invaded and subjugated by a Lizardmen army led by Kroq-gar (even though the native populations were not completely exterminated in the process).

I mean, of course CA could write a completely new set of units and background for anything, as long as GW agrees (and given Andy Hall is lead writer, I doubt he would ever come out with stuff GW would not agree on). But factions like Albion, Amazons, Cathay, Ind and the such, wich are thrown around from time to time here on the forum, are actually very close to a completely blank slate, when it comes to official lore.

I also expect Araby to be the first of those factions to test the waters and see what CA can accomplish with a lesser known faction.
    Araby, yes, Albion? No please, no.

And the DLC we'll be getting is probably Norsca.
    Nemox said:

I also expect Araby to be the first of those factions to test the waters and see what CA can accomplish with a lesser known faction.
    Quite likely, given Araby's likely prominent position on the combined map, and that having Araby as an Empire or Bretonnia clone would be ludicrous.

I would note that Cathay actually isn't too much of a blank slate when it comes to an army list - there are enough hints floating around in the fluff to put together an army list from. The geography, now... to my knowledge, I don't think there's ever been anything official that details it more finely than the world map.
  • SilferSilfer Registered Users Posts: 427
    "Tune in at 3PM BST on Wednesday 19th of July to see the new Warhammer DLC played live on air! Also joining us will be one of the developers from the new content team to show us round the stunning new models"

Text from totalwar Twitch
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    I'd love Albion and actually think it's not as unlikely due to permissions to go off road. Albion being the UK's analogue in the warhammer world and GW and CA being UK companies. BUT - most likely norsca as pointed out.... I just feel like we are in for something slightly unexpected!

Bohemond for game 3 please!

edited July 2017
    goliath55 said:

I'd love Albion and actually think it's not as unlikely due to permissions to go off road. Albion being the UK's analogue in the warhammer world and GW and CA being UK companies. BUT - most likely norsca as pointed out.... I just feel like we are in for something slightly unexpected!

Albion doesn't have anything that looks remotely like a minor roster. No, please no. Even the minicampaign on Albion felt Fanfiction-y.
  • Talmorean#3084Talmorean#3084 Registered Users Posts: 1,487
    Even if Albion isn't the faction, I'd love for the island to become a province that is conquerable. Two settlements would do.

Also, Sartosa needs to be a settlement for Tilea...
  • PLHenry#4565PLHenry#4565 Registered Users Posts: 1,712
    Albion would work best as a mini-campaign. Even so, there is more lore for the inhabitants of the land than people realise. But, they've already said its a faction already ingame, or based on one, and Albion isn't ingame. So it's likely Norsca.
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 669
    Alright, prediction time (I'll be happy with whatever we get for the race pack, tho)

- Norsca as a fully fleshed-out playable faction with new lords, units, monsters, and skill trees, as well as their own unique game mechanic that'll set them apart from other factions.

- New additions to Chaos Warriors and Beastmen, such as new units, heroes, and lords.

- A free-LC that will flesh-out the other factions with new lords and heroes, and maybe even add some new units such as Empire Huntsmen.
    I just want my Amethyst Wizard! XD
  • chrissher7chrissher7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,038

This means the DLC Race will be available max 1 months from now (1 week from trailer, then 3 week max to be available like WE I guess).

Which also implies that the Old friend is really happening soon. ;)

Completely speculative, but I hope it's right. There is nothing about when they show a trailer that says when the content has to be released. It could still be released the day before WH2. I don't think so and it damn well better not, but just saying that you can't see a trailer announcement and state with complete certainty that it has to be out by a certain time.
    Indeed this is purely speculative, I should have added "considering what we've seen so far".

Although if I'm right, the DLC pack would be available mid august which would fit just fine with CA's statement that the DLC would be playable "far in advance" from TWWII release date.
    It would be a bit disappointing to be that far from the 19th but you may be right. I reckon the DLC will be with the Old Friend and I think that will be around the 18th of August.