Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Gameplay for the new TWW1 DLC on the 19th of July

124»

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,455
    Eizo said:

Doesn't feel right that they steal units and lords from the Warrior of Chaos roster just to make another playable race just to appease the mass of people wanting a non-TT army in the game, especially for an Army that already in a terrible state. I mean the reasoning they would use Wulrik is because he a fan-favorite chaos character and better choice than Surtha EK.

Yes I am not fan of it as well, I prefer Norsca to be as Norscan as possible, and not just the Warriors of Chaos Filler. One of the main appeals of Norsca is that they are the most relatively Human Chaos Faction.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    Tayvar said:

Eizo said:

Doesn't feel right that they steal units and lords from the Warrior of Chaos roster just to make another playable race just to appease the mass of people wanting a non-TT army in the game, especially for an Army that already in a terrible state. I mean the reasoning they would use Wulrik is because he a fan-favorite chaos character and better choice than Surtha EK.

Yes I am not fan of it as well, I prefer Norsca to be as Norscan as possible, and not just the Warriors of Chaos Filler. One of the main appeals of Norsca is that they are the most relatively Human Chaos Faction.
    They are hoping to sell it as a race pack later though so I imagine they know that they have to make it attractive if they hope for it to sell any.

It might be the campaign mechanics they design for the race that will be the selling point however.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANRegistered Users Posts: 708
    Nice, but where is their in-engine trailer?!
    Total War player until my last day!
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,686
    So hyped, will it be norsca? tilea? either way it opens a lot of possibilities for the future
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 2,002
    Nemox said:

Albion is mostly old lore, and very little is knows about it or its inhabitants, definitely not enough to create a full army list out of it. I even believe it was retconned as having being invaded and subjugated by a Lizardmen army led by Kroq-gar (even though the native populations were not completely exterminated in the process).

I mean, of course CA could write a completely new set of units and background for anything, as long as GW agrees (and given Andy Hall is lead writer, I doubt he would ever come out with stuff GW would not agree on). But factions like Albion, Amazons, Cathay, Ind and the such, wich are thrown around from time to time here on the forum, are actually very close to a completely blank slate, when it comes to official lore.

I also expect Araby to be the first of those factions to test the waters and see what CA can accomplish with a lesser known faction.
    Araby is in a different position, because it kinda had an official army list at some point, even though it was for Warmaster rather than WHFB. So in that case there is at least some firm ground to stand on and to expand from.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Registered Users Posts: 953
    Honestly, the whole potential roster issues aside, I see little to no appeal on playable Norsca on the campaign map as of now. Right now they are like Chaos without the horde mechanics, which is badly implemented, but the only intruiging thing about Chaos Warriors.

Norsca as a player faction will likely not have the tremendous bonuses economic wise that the AI has. Remember each Norscan faction can field up to four full stacks.
    Then you have the very limited campaign mechanics which are all about raiding and sacking which removes a lot of the fun aspect of the game. This is a Chaos thing as well, it is a linear battle simulator. Then you often find yourself in a position where you attack undefended settlements and run away from the united power of several factions.

You are likely constantly at war with many factions, possibly even the Chaos Warriors. Your diplomatic options are scarce.

Unless they open up Norsca for trading and alliances with southern factions and totally rework (as in totally new) the campaign mechanics at least similar to woodelfs you will be in for a very hated faction, with little economic power and limited and stale mechanics.

So I do wonder what CA has in store. At least it will likely invlve some kind of rework for the Chaos Warriors which is very much needed as well.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,388

Nemox said:

Albion is mostly old lore, and very little is knows about it or its inhabitants, definitely not enough to create a full army list out of it. I even believe it was retconned as having being invaded and subjugated by a Lizardmen army led by Kroq-gar (even though the native populations were not completely exterminated in the process).

I mean, of course CA could write a completely new set of units and background for anything, as long as GW agrees (and given Andy Hall is lead writer, I doubt he would ever come out with stuff GW would not agree on). But factions like Albion, Amazons, Cathay, Ind and the such, wich are thrown around from time to time here on the forum, are actually very close to a completely blank slate, when it comes to official lore.

I also expect Araby to be the first of those factions to test the waters and see what CA can accomplish with a lesser known faction.
    Araby is in a different position, because it kinda had an official army list at some point, even though it was for Warmaster rather than WHFB. So in that case there is at least some firm ground to stand on and to expand from.
    There was also a Kislev list in Warmaster.

Personally, I think the Amazons, and probably Albion as well, are just too small to work as a faction.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 6,502
    Draxynnic said:

Nemox said:

There was also a Kislev list in Warmaster.

Personally, I think the Amazons, and probably Albion as well, are just too small to work as a faction.
    And rightfully so.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    edited July 2017
    VincentNZ said:

Honestly, the whole potential roster issues aside, I see little to no appeal on playable Norsca on the campaign map as of now. Right now they are like Chaos without the horde mechanics, which is badly implemented, but the only intruiging thing about Chaos Warriors.

Norsca as a player faction will likely not have the tremendous bonuses economic wise that the AI has. Remember each Norscan faction can field up to four full stacks.
    Then you have the very limited campaign mechanics which are all about raiding and sacking which removes a lot of the fun aspect of the game. This is a Chaos thing as well, it is a linear battle simulator. Then you often find yourself in a position where you attack undefended settlements and run away from the united power of several factions.

You are likely constantly at war with many factions, possibly even the Chaos Warriors. Your diplomatic options are scarce.

Unless they open up Norsca for trading and alliances with southern factions and totally rework (as in totally new) the campaign mechanics at least similar to woodelfs you will be in for a very hated faction, with little economic power and limited and stale mechanics.

So I do wonder what CA has in store. At least it will likely invlve some kind of rework for the Chaos Warriors which is very much needed as well.

I suppose the DLC's popularity will stand and fall on the gameplay stream on Wednesday. They did talk about some unique mechanics so.

Thing is, I want to support minor faction dlc's, because I want Middenland, Kislev, TEB, etc. eventually.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • GrimtalosGrimtalos Member Registered Users Posts: 414
    Grace mentioned on Reddit we will get some more information on the race pack before Wednesday. When asked if it would be today said "No" so pretty sure that means it will come tomorrow. Could be a trailer or blog post.