Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Hey guys,

Here's a few words from our Brand Director on the early adopter DLC for Warhammer II and the future of our DLC content for the Warhammer trilogy

https://www.totalwar.com/blog/early-adopter-post-launch/
Post edited by CA_Whelan on

Comments

• obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,244Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    "We called these big DLCs ‘Campaign Packs’ in the past, with Call of the Beastmen and Realm of the Wood Elves, but we’re heard the feedback that players would prefer larger rosters instead of the mini campaigns that came with these.

So the biggest change we’ll be making with the first large DLC for Warhammer II is to swap out the mini campaign for two more additional Legendary Lords, for a total of 4 playable Lords in the pack. "

Hell yeah, **** mini campaigns.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• StephinceStephince Posts: 2,423Registered Users
    Awesome news (although I do love the atmospherics on the Athel Loren mini campaign map)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,881Registered Users
    so, a nice chance to get "all" the (lore) Important LLs... unlike the missing Helborg etc. of game 1
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users

the new race for warhammer 2 expansion. problably tomb kings no? a bit of a bomber that they won't do mini campains anymore. I mean I think wood elves had a amazing roster and a mini campaign.

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    4 legendary lords :open_mouth:
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,622Registered Users
    Tomb Kings and their LL is just prime for this shift. :P
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 824Registered Users
    So, no more mini-campaigns it seems. I'm sort of ok with that, but I think I'd like the idea of special campaign packs themed to major historical events of the warhammer world (war of beards, the vampire wars, rise of Nagash, and so on). Don't think that's happening, but we'll see.

For the new game1 DLC, I read of different LLs starting position. Looking forward to know what it'll be :smile:
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Kayosiv said:

removed unnecessarily long quote. I believed I was the 2nd post but was incorrect.

What's the point in linking it instead of just putting it here?
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,715Registered Users
    Wow that's rad
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
    Nazred said:

the new race for warhammer 2 expansion. problably tomb kings no? a bit of a bomber that they won't do mini campains anymore. I mean I think wood elves had a amazing roster and a mini campaign.

I'm totally expecting tk to be the first race, yeah.

also I hope they do a 'bretonnia' with araby :)
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

Poor old Empire/humans and their 3 lonely lords and one start position :(
    I wonder we will get 4 legendary lords for beastman and wood elves like Ariel or Sisters of Twilight
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    Kayosiv said:

So we don't have to scroll past it?
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,215Registered Users
    Looks like the map makers are going to busy on other projects, quite a bit of historical stuff to keep them busy I guess.

I liked the mini campaigns but replayability was pretty limited the way they were structured with only one race playable, think I will get more value out of the extra lords.

I assume the 4 LL race pack will be pitched somewhere between the campaign pack and the lord pack price wise.
    Very interesting to see the proposed 4 legendary lords with unique starting positions as the trade-off.

I don't think anyone is concerned that Warhammer 2 will be receiving support well past launch. The worry is that Warhammer 1 will languish, and that games 1, 2, and 3 won't be combined like what was originally described.

There's already been talk about how Warhammer 1 and 2 are "different builds" and different enough that combining them won't be possible. Why was this ever the plan? Why not move all games forward, together, as the complete trilogy of combined games that create one super Warhammer game? I thought that was always the plan but it seems to be not the case.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
    Maybe now we get all the army list and legendary lords for tomb kings at the once with the reallocated budget.
  • CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    Kayosiv said:

CA_Whelan said:

Hey guys,

It helps to avoid massive quotes like that, also allows us to add images, related articles etc.
    Maybe they can do that with the rest of the money they save by not doing the mini campaigns (We can dream, right?)
    Kayosiv said:

Very interesting to see the proposed 4 legendary lords with unique starting positions as the trade-off.

I don't think anyone is concerned that Warhammer 2 will be receiving support well past launch. The worry is that Warhammer 1 will languish, and that games 1, 2, and 3 won't be combined like what was originally described.

There's already been talk about how Warhammer 1 and 2 are "different builds" and different enough that combining them won't be possible. Why was this ever the plan? Why not move all games forward, together, as the complete trilogy of combined games that create one super Warhammer game? I thought that was always the plan but it seems to be not the case.

Where did they said that? Game 1 and 2 will combine their maps in the big campaign and game 3 will too. At least that's the plan until now.

• FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 319Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Actually i'm quite sad that CA opted out on the mini campaigns. Even though they weren't perfect and mostly a "one time use", the mini-campaign concept was really cool IMO and it could have been "expanded" and improved upon.

You had your big campaign and a little one focused on a particular event/rivalry/war in the lore.

A pity.

Having said that, i appreciate that the lord packs will come with more lords and consequently specific quests/item/skills.

0,75/1 thumbs up (just for personal taste though) ;)
    Post edited by FrigMannaia on
    Kayosiv said:

They said they supporting game 1 and game 2 even when game 3 comes. Probably small updates like dragons breathing skills and new buildings for the combined map.
    I'm glad we will get more complete rosters/more LL than the mini-campaigns. Beastmen was terrible and whilst Realm of the Wood elves was very pretty and well designed - it wasn't an alternative campaign to main. I did it once and never touched it again.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Posts: 1,105Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Well dookie..

I actually really enjoyed the mini-campaigns, but I get doing it this way since majority of players did not. The changes sound pretty cool. Wish you would consider selling minor campaigns separatly though. Some times its fun playing on a smaller campaign map. And it would also help if you could play different factions for the mini-campaign.

The one purely bad news I could see in this blog was that there was more content planned for historical titles then fantasy. UPGRADE MAH WARHAMMER BRUV!
    Total War: Warhammer <3
    Petromir said:

Kayosiv said:

Why would you scroll past it. It's literally the reason you clicked on this thread. It's the article. My post should be deleted and it should be put at the top of this thread.
    CA_Whelan said:

Kayosiv said:

CA_Whelan said:

Hey guys,

It helps to avoid massive quotes like that, also allows us to add images, related articles etc.
    I'm not seeing that make any sense. Is your article a massive article? Should it be avoided? It's the same length on the forum and your blog. You've just added an extra step to read it. Maybe if it had images or extra things, but the blog is blank as far as I can see other than white and black text.

• CA_WhelanCA_Whelan Posts: 681Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff, Community Team
    Kayosiv said:

Petromir said:

Kayosiv said:

Why would you scroll past it. It's literally the reason you clicked on this thread. It's the article. My post should be deleted and it should be put at the top of this thread.
    CA_Whelan said:

Kayosiv said:

CA_Whelan said:

Hey guys,

I'm not seeing that make any sense. Is your article a massive article? Should it be avoided? It's the same length on the forum and your blog. You've just added an extra step to read it. Maybe if it had images or extra things, but the blog is blank as far as I can see other than white and black text.
    You're missing something hidden in plain sight then
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,881Registered Users

Actually i'm quite sad that CA opted out on the mini campaigns. Even though they weren't perfect and mostly a "one time use", the all mini-campaign concept was really cool IMO and it could have been "expanded" and improved upon.

personaly I think they should keep the Mini Campaigns out of the faction packs, but, if they want to, create "proper" mini campaigns like it was for Rome II and Attila, with multiple choosable factions. They could even be released just a short time after a lord pack and include some of em
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,215Registered Users
    edited July 2017

Actually i'm quite sad that CA opted out on the mini campaigns. Even though they weren't perfect and mostly a "one time use", the all mini-campaign concept was really cool IMO and it could have been "expanded" and improved upon.

You had your big campaign and a little one focused on a particular event/rivalry/war in the lore.

A pity.

Having said that, i appreciate that the lord packs will come with more lords and consequently specific quests/item/skills.

0,75/1 thumbs up (just for personal taste though) ;)

Don't think they mention anything about lord packs having more items in terms of what we are use to, its the campaign packs that are being discontinued with the race pack having a boost in terms of 4 LL's and a larger roster (not sure on that but its hinted).
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 319Registered Users
    Kayosiv said:

Is this discussion really necessary? Shoudn't the topic be "BLOG - ON EARLY ADOPTER BONUSES AND POST-LAUNCH SUPPORT"? We can open a specific thread on "Total War - News, Media and blog management" it it's that necessary ;)

Dewd, come on!
    So people gonna talk about the image on the blog or what? :P More teasing?