Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

You're missing something hidden in plain sight then

Well you got me there. Totally dismissed the leather and fur as just generic background nothingness. Doesn't bode well for my personal hope for Araby, but we'll see come Wednesday.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    Nemox said:

So people gonna talk about the image on the blog or what? :P More teasing?

Norsca all the way
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,589Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    4 playable LL?

That's awesome!!!

Aside from that, instead of making new features and contents for a separate mini campaign, it's better to implement those in Grand campaign itself....
    Post edited by jamreal18 on
  • twwatchertwwatcher Posts: 2,215Registered Users
    Nemox said:

Nice had not noticed has a bit of a mammoth and cold vibe.
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 319Registered Users
    twwatcher said:

Don't think they mention anything about lord packs having more items in terms of what we are use to, its the campaign packs that are being discontinued with the race pack having a boost in terms of 4 LL's and a larger roster (not sure on that but its hinted).

I may have expressed myself badly. I was referring to their unique gear

personaly I think they should keep the Mini Campaigns out of the faction packs, but, if they want to, create "proper" mini campaigns like it was for Rome II and Attila, with multiple choosable factions. They could even be released just a short time after a lord pack and include some of em

I agree with this, but i also think that would generate a lot of dissent and rage among the playerbase since it would translate in more stuff to pay in addition to the regular Lord packs.

• Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    the blog is spot on, while the mini campaigns were fun for the one play through, double the amount of LLs with more game play diversity tops that with ease, the grand campaign is where all the fun and randomness happens, where you spend hundreds of hours.

this change of approach will be good for more complete rosters for sure.

now all I personally want to know is how much the old races will profit from this. the ones that won't get expanded in game 3, like chaos. think about empire sub-faction, LLs, armybook units, woodelf LLs, maybe the odd beastmen monster. stuff like that

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Posts: 705Registered Users
    Well done CA. You've had a bit of a rough patch in the past over the disconnect between you and your fans/customers, but I think you are doing an excellent job at listening to the community, this a sounds excellent.
  • EmarthEmarth Junior Member Posts: 401Registered Users
    4 LL for tomb kings? Nagash confirmed?

• ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Posts: 1,715Registered Users
    Ogre kingdoms confirmed
    Chaos lords should be women

Why is no one talking about mouth feel!?
  • PezhetairosPezhetairos Senior Member Posts: 216Registered Users
    Awesome news overall and I LOVE the idea of scratching the mini-campaigns in favor for more Subfactions and LLs (not saying the mini-campaigns were bad but larger rosters and 4 start positions on both the Vortex and Mega campaign is so much more exciting to me)
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Posts: 2,151Registered Users
    Kayosiv said:

Petromir said:

Kayosiv said:

What's the point in linking it instead of just putting it here?

So we don't have to scroll past it?
    Why would you scroll past it. It's literally the reason you clicked on this thread. It's the article. My post should be deleted and it should be put at the top of this thread.
    CA_Whelan said:

Kayosiv said:

CA_Whelan said:

Hey guys,

What's the point in linking it instead of just putting it here?
    It helps to avoid massive quotes like that, also allows us to add images, related articles etc.
    I'm not seeing that make any sense. Is your article a massive article? Should it be avoided? It's the same length on the forum and your blog. You've just added an extra step to read it. Maybe if it had images or extra things, but the blog is blank as far as I can see other than white and black text.
    It isn't the reason I clicked on the thread, I came here for the comments, and discussion having read the article having seen a link on social media direct to it.

This is a forum I'm here to discuss things, articles belong elsewhere (and on many forums an official discussion thread is posted alongside a locked announcement thread for a number of reasons).
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 775Registered Users
    Now you have done it CA! I am hyped!

I always wondered if you are reading our discussions but seeing you mentioned the topic of the mini campaign I am convinced you do. :)

I also hope you will add separate mini campaigns in the future but right now I can't wait for the new Race! :D
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 20,666Registered Users
    OK, I think with the leather and fur image we can finally put all the "SKAVEN/TOMB KINGS WILL BE THE EARLY ADOPTER RACE!" speculations to rest for good and before anyone tries to, no, it's not rat fur.

• HaraddaHaradda Posts: 46Registered Users
    I very much enjoyed both the call of the beastmen and realm of the wood elves mini-campaigns, but at the end of the day I did only play each of them once, I've never had any real desire to go back and replay those campaigns. So the extra variety, and the extra replayabilty, of more LLs (including the all-important different start positions) in the packs sounds like a good change to me.
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyPosts: 1,581Registered Users
    Very good call on the mini-campaigns IMHO. The thing is, for how pretty they looked, they just didn't add much content or replayability to the game. Much better to focus your efforts on the main game mode to make it as vast and varied as possible.
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Petromir said:

It isn't the reason I clicked on the thread, I came here for the comments, and discussion having read the article having seen a link on social media direct to it.

This is a forum I'm here to discuss things, articles belong elsewhere (and on many forums an official discussion thread is posted alongside a locked announcement thread for a number of reasons).

It seems I'm in the minority here.

What I miss about the mini campaigns are the more detailed campaign maps. Some of the wood elf Athel Loren stuff was gorgeous but it never made it onto the campaign map proper. It seems like all that effort was wasted and I think +2 legendary lords with separate factions will add much more to the game.
    Post edited by Kayosiv on
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 616Registered Users
    This is such good news. It means that any race that is added as dlc can get the kitchen sink throw in: all the lords, the items, the unit roster, the sub-factions and the RoR

No more cursing that "no dlc for dlc" self imposed rule. And if the price is no mini campaign I am sooo okay with that.

So even the big army books can be handled well as a dlc race pack.

Expect that lord packs will remain the same, which is fine cause they've been very good.
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    I like that we're getting 4 LL's for the race packs now, that's an awesome improvement and hopefully we'll get to see a lot of interesting characters from the lore. :)

I think the issues around the mini-campaigns were these:

a) You were forced to buy the campaign when buying the race, which meant many of us were getting content that we didn't necessarily want for a bigger price point.
    b) The mini-campaigns were too limited in that you only had one race to play as, when, for example, the wood elf campaign could've had bretonnians and beastmen as playable.
    c) The mini-campaigns only had very small uses of the different factions

I think there is a desire to see mini-campaigns but as part of their own self-contained DLC. I'm pretty sure with TWW2 out that a lot of us would enjoy an Albion campaign based on the TT worldwide event Dark Shadows. As you'd be able to play as any of the major factions on the new map.
  • calummcg95calummcg95 Junior Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    rad13 said:

This is such good news. It means that any race that is added as dlc can get the kitchen sink throw in: all the lords, the items, the unit roster, the sub-factions and the RoR

No more cursing that "no dlc for dlc" self imposed rule. And if the price is no mini campaign I am sooo okay with that.

So even the big army books can be handled well as a dlc race pack.

Expect that lord packs will remain the same, which is fine cause they've been very good.

No mention of RoR, just two new LL's - items to go with them, yes, but I would imagine that RoRs will remain Lord Pack specific.
  • UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    While this announcement is awesome and makes me look forward to Total War: Warhammer II, I can't help but be worried about the already released factions of the Old World...

Back in the Old Word, the Warriors of Chaos, Beastmen, Wood Elves and Bretonnia are still waiting for their Regiments of Renown. The Regiments of Renown are a very cool idea and they can actually matter in the campaign, most of all because they can be recruited in the same turn, while keeping your movement points, and have 9 echelons and additional effects.

Ungrim is still hoping for a return to Karak Kadrin as starting position (in my opinion Ungrim has the most aggravation starting position as Legendary Lord considering the lore). There are also other Legendary Lords which could be changed, but Ungrim is without a doubt the most obvious one.

The Beastmen are still missing some of their cutest monsters (Ghorgon and Jabberslythe), which makes their already small roster even smaller compared to the others. The Warriors of Chaos are also lacking a lot, however, I suppose their missing units (such as their cavalry units on Daemonic mounts) will be added in game 3 with the addition of the Daemons of Chaos.

The Wood Elves have only 2 Legendary Lords right now, while the Empire has 3, the Dwarfs have 4, the Vampire Counts have 5, the Greenskins have 4, the Warriors of Chaos have 3, the Beastmen have 3 and Bretonnia has 3. Instead of giving us this spread, wouldn't it be better and more compelling for each player to give each race the same love (or at least with a difference of +-1 Legendary Lord, and not up to +-3 Legendard Lords when you consider the Wood Elves and Vampire Counts)?

There are other issues, but these are the ones that concern me the most right now. I hope CA won't forget these factions and will eventually add the missing content.
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Posts: 922Registered Users
    Glad to hear about the lack of a mini-campaign. I played the Beastmen campaign twice and wood elves once, and both paled in comparison to the amount of time I've spent doing campaigns with both races on the much more interesting grand campaign. It also solves the issue of DLC factions having half the legendary lords of main factions without FLC additions. I'd personally get way more play time out of four different legendary lords with four unique start positions and mechanics than I would out of two legendary lords and a mini campaign.
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    Nemox said:

I'll be damned if that's not NORSCA ♡
    Beastmen: where is the love?

• Knight_IranKnight_Iran Senior Member Islamic Republic of IRANPosts: 546Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Good trade, but is making a mini campaign equal to making 2 LL in cost? if not, it would be better if we see additional units for missing rosters.
    Karl Franz Campaign ---> Finished
    Grimgor Campaign ---> Finished
    Mannfred Campaign ---> Finished
    Kroq Gar Campaign ---> Finished
    Settra Campaign ---> Finished
    Nakai Campaign ---> In Progress
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 319Registered Users
    Kayosiv said:

... Some of the woof elf Athel Loren stuff ... .

Not picking on you Kayosiv, i know it's just a typo, but "woof elf" cracks me up as much as "roosters". I seriously can't get a grip on myself when i see this stuff hahahaha
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Posts: 989Registered Users
    I like what I'm seeing here. There are some very interesting possibilities with this turn of events.

Well played CA, well played.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users
    Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,258Registered Users
    CA, I do not trust you, I never will, but what you just said was pretty enough to glamour me. I will graciously throw me few euros at you. But you need to know that I'm doing it with colossal reservations, great distance in my voice. Now I allow you to feel like a squire patted on the head by a shining knight. Be happy.

This is how I console my frugal nature.
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• GeldorGeldor Posts: 1,115Registered Users
    A bit sad to see the mini campaigns gone, but then I usually only played them once and went back to the grand campaign. So getting 4 legendary lords instead is likely a good desicion. With all the great LL options still not on the game, exciting stuff!

If with all the lords love, we won't see an Archmage for the high elves I'll throw a tantrum though *waggles finger*
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users
    Too late to point it out,

But that background... ;)

And good to see that the developers are taking the feedback really serious, they're doing an amazing job!
  • seienchinseienchin Senior Member Posts: 4,571Registered Users
    What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Sounds great to me but the criticism and controversy about the Chaos Warriors was ABSOLUTELY NOT that the Chaos Warriors DLC were not having enough flavour... It was that a really important faction was cut from the campaign and sold or awarded extra and not part of the game.

Well anyways, this will probably not affect anyone on this forum.^^