Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• MasqueradeMasquerade Posts: 292Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Axikus said:

Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.

Or you can accept the compromise that the next additions will be more meaty and carry on. They might add 1 or 2 free things along the line but this train of thought is so insidious. If X has Y then all X's must have Y's.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Posts: 523Registered Users
    This is good news for probably most people , still feel for other people that enjoyed the mini campaigns.

Still this is good for me seeing as with tomb kings Arkhan the black or Khalida or even both would have been cut, now both of these characters can be in the dlc . Wonder if they add Arkhan if his vortex campaig would be different than the other tomb kings.
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Posts: 1,351Registered Users
    Looks like we're getting Khalida vs Neferata shipped along with the first DLC. Would be just awesome! The silver pinnacle needs its lhamian court!

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,880Registered Users
    seienchin said:

What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Sounds great to me but the criticism and controversy about the Chaos Warriors was ABSOLUTELY NOT that the Chaos Warriors DLC were not having enough flavour... It was that a really important faction was cut from the campaign and sold or awarded extra and not part of the game.

Well anyways, this will probably not affect anyone on this forum.^^

it wasn't cut from the campaign... chaos originally was ment to be the attila (where people also complained) or the mongols of TW WH... people complained about not being able to play chaos iirc...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • KayosivKayosiv Senior Member Posts: 2,617Registered Users

Kayosiv said:

... Some of the woof elf Athel Loren stuff ... .

Not picking on you Kayosiv, i know it's just a typo, but "woof elf" cracks me up as much as "roosters". I seriously can't get a grip on myself when i see this stuff hahahaha
    My favorite part is the extra set of arms.
    Space Frontier is a sci-fi themed board game I've designed for 2-4 players. Please take a look and enjoy our free Print-and-Play at FreezeDriedGames.com

If you have any questions about tactics or mechanics in Total War Warhammer multiplayer, feel free to PM me.
  • Ituriel32Ituriel32 Posts: 159Registered Users
    I am very happy about this change. Unfortunately, the idea of mini campaign in hammer 1 was wrong. Because what is the game where you control only 1 race and you can not even fight with a friend. On the other hand, it would have looked like if a campaign such as the war on beard or competition for the Karak of the Eight Peaks (3 different forces) was presented in such a campaign.

4 legendary lords to start it will be a fairy tale. Taking into account two variants of the campaign (whirl and connected). It will be hours of fun.

With 4LL it will be easy to choose your favorite to play. For example, I will not play very elves (high and dark) because I do not like LL statt and I will wait for them to play lordpacka (dlc or flc).

I wonder what will happen to old pakanos (beasts and forest elves). Because I would very much like them next LL. Ariel and Drycha.
    Rome2 - where there are walls in smaller settlements?
  • KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 910Registered Users
    Good stuff. I think I'm gonna like this new direction, and it's always nice to know that the developers listen to their fans.

Also, there is that massive leather-fur-thing at the top. If that's related to the upcoming DLC, it's pretty much gotta be Norsca. Of the non-playable factions on the map already, I can't think of any other who would have that kind of aesthetic.
  • LangolierLangolier Junior Member Posts: 374Registered Users
    I like the news, the mini campaign where ok for a one time playthrough the mini campaigns maps where beautiful put if I could trade it for 4LL with diffrent starting positions and a bigger roster that is an easy trade
    "Furthermore i believe that Carthage must be destroyed" - Cato the Elder
    "Furthermore I also believe that Chaos Dwarfs should have really big hats" - Langolier the middle aged
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,931Registered Users

This looks pretty norscan to me.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • tqhung87tqhung87 Senior Member Posts: 394Registered Users
    I'm glad that CA are listening to people's complain.
  • BiesBies Junior Member Posts: 1,728Registered Users
    corvo said:

Middeland confirmed ! :p

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users
    edited July 2017

Axikus said:

Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.

Or you can accept the compromise that the next additions will be more meaty and carry on. They might add 1 or 2 free things along the line but this train of thought is so cancerous. If X has Y then all X's must have Y's.
    So, you're okay with the current state of, for example, Empire, Kemmler and Beastmen?
    What's so "insidious" about the wish to have evenly interesting, balanced factions and features?
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Posts: 873Registered Users
    No mini campaigns and more LLs is the best news ever.

I actually feel my whining on this forum has been listened to.

Thank you CA
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,262Registered Users
    corvo said:

Sooo the regular WoC guys scream NORSCA. Will Norscans scream even more NORSCA?
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,496Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Bart writes and Whelan wheels them in. I can hardly say anything but that it is a good post!

I've enjoyed the mini campaigns. Though I've only really played them thrice in total as opposed to countless normal campaigns. So that kind of tells it's own story.

I wouldn't mind giving the Seasons of Revelation another playthrough though.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Posts: 3,830Registered Users
    Thank god Sigmar you have ditched those bloody Mini-campaigns.
  • GrantdemGrantdem Member Posts: 120Registered Users
    Good they have chosen more lords and starting positions for the main campaigns.
    The mini campaigns were nice, but didn't have the same replayability or even appeal sometimes.
    Hopefully TW sagas can possibly bring up some of the more focussed campaign ideas people were looking for.

Hopefully with Warhammer 2 being released they can update Warhammer 1 to have the full set of lords and more unique starting positions.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,049Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    I appreciate how much CA listens to the constructive criticisms from the community about things like the redundancy of mini-campaigns. Kudos to you guys as a game dev for not being too prideful to change half way through production or be set in your ways ("because you know what's best") despite feedback like many other companies.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Posts: 5,262Registered Users
    Krunch said:

Thank god Sigmar you have ditched those bloody Mini-campaigns.

Thank Tzeentch you have changed it!
    Drowned in stars, bloated we shine.
    ... .... .... --··-- -. --- - . .- .-. ... ·-·-·- --- -. .-.. -.-- -.. .-. . .- -- ... -. --- .-- ·-·-·-

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,589Registered Users
    corvo said:

• LESAMALESAMA Member Posts: 1,145Registered Users
    Don’t forget that this Race will be added to the game as AI-controlled opposition and there’s free-LC alongside this release, so expect the Old World to be pretty refreshed even if you don’t get the new DLC.

We’re also doing something new by making bonus content for a game that’s already out, and releasing it before Warhammer II launches. We think that might be interesting, so we’ll be watching carefully to see what you make of it.

I specifically like the above. Good that the old world also get's an update if I understood correctly. Also curious about the bonus content and good to hear there is more historical games coming out. Can't get enough total war games :)

• Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    corvo said:

definitly norscan, but the scaly leather and engravement almost looks fimir,
    does a fimir unit for norsca make any sense? I say IF fimir come at all, its now or never
    also white wolf pelt. werewolves? would be very nice, atleast we can use the model to mod in children of ulric proper

considering this, my crystal ball says:
    the norsca faction shall sport an exclusive roster constisting of war mammoths, werewolves or skin wolves, fimir and some additions in the marauder roster with slightly better "elite" marauder units

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users
    I thought Fimir were not canon anymore?
    JungleElf said:

they were not retconned, just not continued.
    the chances of seeing fimir are extremely low, just pointing out, now or never

• JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users

JungleElf said:

They were associated with some rather... nasty things. I don't think they will ever be included.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,931Registered Users

corvo said:

definitly norscan, but the scaly leather and engravement almost looks fimir,
    does a fimir unit for norsca make any sense? I say IF fimir come at all, its now or never
    also white wolf pelt. werewolves? would be very nice, atleast we can use the model to mod in children of ulric proper

considering this, my crystal ball says:
    the norsca faction shall sport an exclusive roster constisting of war mammoths, werewolves or skin wolves, fimir and some additions in the marauder roster with slightly better "elite" marauder units

There are a lot of scaly monster in norsca and fimir arent one of them.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    poor game 1 factions :(

Balance Is A Lie

JungleElf said:

JungleElf said:

They were associated with some rather... nasty things. I don't think they will ever be included.
    yeah, the rape lore is bull****, we dont talk about that. but some of the models look kind of cool, also the bog standart fimir from "heroquest" tabletop game is quite "iconic" imo.

if they make it in, im gonna celebrate hard, and play the faction the second it releases lol

• SnotfaceSnotface Member Posts: 752Registered Users
    Throgg please!

Wyvern's is good fer one thing, eatin' smashin' smellin' and flyin.'