Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

poor game 1 factions :(

Some game 1 factions are getting some love don't worry
    Good news!
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

nice to hear!

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Posts: 5,817Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    corvo said:

corvo said:

This looks pretty norscan to me.

definitly norscan, but the scaly leather and engravement almost looks fimir,
    does a fimir unit for norsca make any sense? I say IF fimir come at all, its now or never
    also white wolf pelt. werewolves? would be very nice, atleast we can use the model to mod in children of ulric proper

considering this, my crystal ball says:
    the norsca faction shall sport an exclusive roster constisting of war mammoths, werewolves or skin wolves, fimir and some additions in the marauder roster with slightly better "elite" marauder units

There are a lot of scaly monster in norsca and fimir arent one of them.
    I do vaguely remember seeing somewhere that there are marshlands in Norsca inhabited by fimir.

(I'm not holding my breath on it, though, mind you...)
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,935Registered Users
    Draxynnic said:

corvo said:

corvo said:

This looks pretty norscan to me.

definitly norscan, but the scaly leather and engravement almost looks fimir,
    does a fimir unit for norsca make any sense? I say IF fimir come at all, its now or never
    also white wolf pelt. werewolves? would be very nice, atleast we can use the model to mod in children of ulric proper

considering this, my crystal ball says:
    the norsca faction shall sport an exclusive roster constisting of war mammoths, werewolves or skin wolves, fimir and some additions in the marauder roster with slightly better "elite" marauder units

There are a lot of scaly monster in norsca and fimir arent one of them.
    I do vaguely remember seeing somewhere that there are marshlands in Norsca inhabited by fimir.

(I'm not holding my breath on it, though, mind you...)
    I read that the closest site to norsca with fimmir life is Troll Country,
    i don't like them, but, I respect your wish of having them in the game.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Posts: 1,739Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    That's a superb post and it sounds like you've got the sweet spot to me. You've really listened and learned from each release, I can see that, and I certainly support the way you've gone about it.

My concerns have always been pay-to-win content and things being made exclusively available that are unable to be purchased later down the line. In the past, you've done both and I've not supported it, but (so long as Norsca isn't OP!) all respect for amending your approach accordingly.

I will add that personally I'd prefer a smaller Tomb Kings roster because I'm not a fan of all the late edition additions, but I respect you listen to the overall vibe still.

Now please can you have a word with the makers of Project Cars? They're new at this......
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,892Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

hopefully including these guys:

from the 4 standard factions, the Empire has fared the worst...
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Posts: 6,500Registered Users
    My Dwarf Slayer in Warhammer Online was called Farnulf Fimirslayer as an homage. Fimir ftw. Played HeroQuest long before I knew about Warhammer and didn't even know til years later that it was a Games Workshop game.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    The Fimir are from the swamps of Marienburg not Norsca. Norsca is full of trolls, mutants, and monstrous creatures such as war mammoths, werewolves, chimaera and cockatrice. I really wish they'd add Chimaera to the game :(
  • AryvianAryvian Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    "What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Putting a load more in makes it more costly to make of course."

Their way of saying/justifying that we will have to pay extra for the fourth race (Skaven)?
    Aryvian said:

"What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Their way of saying/justifying that we will have to pay extra for the fourth race (Skaven)?

Skaven are in the basegame of Warhammer 2, I don't see your reasoning?
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Posts: 344Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Well I think I like this. More LL and starting positions, when they make sense lore-wise preferably (*cough cough* Morgiana in Carcasonne *cough cough*), as well as complete rosters is a good thing.

On the other hand, I hope that the concept of mini-campaigns isn't disregarded forever. But maybe that instead of coming with a specific faction, mini-campaigns are released enabling us to play warhammer events of the past, for example. It would even be awesome is one could play DLC-factions in those mini-campaigns only, to get a taste and encourage players to buy the faction DLC for the grand campaign. :)
  • Sinter KlausSinter Klaus Posts: 73Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

That includes Empire right, right? Because we don't need another vampire LL if that is what you're saying (I'm joking, make The Red Duke playable pls.)

But for Sigmar's sake GIVE US (me) EMPIRE STUFF!

To me, Sons of Sigmar...
    text
  • MasqueradeMasquerade Posts: 292Registered Users
    Axikus said:

Axikus said:

Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.

Or you can accept the compromise that the next additions will be more meaty and carry on. They might add 1 or 2 free things along the line but this train of thought is so cancerous. If X has Y then all X's must have Y's.
    So, you're okay with the current state of, for example, Empire, Kemmler and Beastmen?
    What's so "insidious" about the wish to have evenly interesting, balanced factions and features?
    yes I am absolutely fine with kemmler and empire. There is nothing wrong with empire besides people moaning for subfactions. Beastmen could use an extra unit but thats it. They don't NEED more lords or 10 more units. What people want now is ok dlc will have 4 LL so wood elves MUST HAVE 4 LL. Beastmen MUST HAVE 4 Everyone MUST HAVE 4 bc 4 IS NOW THE MAGIC NUMBER which I'm against. The Free LC accompanying the DLC will be bigger than we anticipate might add several additions to several factions which is nice but we should not be expecting a massive overhaul cause that will never ever ever happen.
  • AryvianAryvian Junior Member Posts: 53Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

Aryvian said:

If they hadn't already said the base game will include four races, I'd definitely think they meant the fourth race would be Skaven, and only as pre-order, pay extra content. They haven't even announced the fourth race yet and are about to reveal pre-order race first? Weird..
    edited July 2017
    Aryvian said:

JungleElf said:

Aryvian said:

If they hadn't already said the base game will include four races, I'd definitely think they meant the fourth race would be Skaven, and only as pre-order, pay extra content. They haven't even announced the fourth race yet and are about to reveal pre-order race first? Weird..
    I think you are not really informed; The developers have said that the fourth faction will be included in the base game of Warhammer 2. The Base. Game. All hints, which are not even subtle anymore, point to Skaven. Hell, the Skaven emblem is even on one of the Collector's Edition's items.

The pre-order will have the Norscan faction, as was hinted by a few things. It was also said that this faction will be one which was yet unplayable in part 1, but already on the map.

It's not really speculation anymore what we're going to get.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

tell me more...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    I really like the idea of having 4 LL for DLC races.

Thou I wonder if CA considers to make extra campaign packs, to do things like the "war of vengeance/beard".
  • obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,244Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

ohmygod ohmygod
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    It's going to be norsca, what other faction shown on the map (but not playable) has at least two new monsters to add?
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,051Registered Users
    PaulH said:

It's going to be norsca, what other faction shown on the map (but not playable) has at least two new monsters to add?

Tyranids.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
    PaulH said:

I thing people take this part too literally.

If a DoW came, they surely would have "monstrous" mounts which also counts.

And if not, CA can create a magic bull and here we go.

Thou of course I think it is to 99.99999999% Norsca.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    CA_Whelan said:

thank you best news all day to me really,just hope its substantial rather than tweaks

Balance Is A Lie

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,589Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    If there's good news, there is also bad news.... Sadly there is now only 1 major race left for race pack....

How about Beastmen, Wood Elves?

Is there a chance that they might become complete also?
    Are they included in some factions that will get love?

Anyways hoping after you see the feedback, you complete them also....
    edited July 2017
    jamreal18 said:

If there's good news, there is also bad news.... Sadly there is now only 1 major race left for race pack....

Is there a chance they might become complete?
    Are they the factions that will get love?

Define 'complete', both rosters function. Beastmen lack some units, like all the factions really, but could indeed use some more tactical debt and flavor. But the Wood Elves are very much complete.

And about Regiments of Renown? Yeah, that's a thing. I don't really like them to begin with, so I could care less, but I see why people want some game-wide symmetry with this feature.
    jamreal18 said:

Is there a chance they might become complete?
    Are they the factions that will get love?

reread the thread ;)
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    @CA_Whelan some when you guys mention complete roster instead of mini campaign,does it mean ROR included as well...??

Balance Is A Lie

• Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,051Registered Users

@CA_Whelan some when you guys mention complete roster instead of mini campaign,does it mean ROR included as well...??

That's a very good question. +1 to this.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

Probably not, as Bretonnia has been mentioned as quite complete if I'm not mistaken.
    JungleElf said:

Probably not, as Bretonnia has been mentioned as quite complete if I'm not mistaken.
    Bretonnia was more then complete... unless the 8th edition prototype had even more units.
    BTW:

for those who like this decision (about more LL's instead campaigns) but think that you still want campain for certain events of warhammer history, I have prepared something:

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/196667/about-campaigns/p1?new=1