Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Posts: 950Registered Users
    had never heard of the fimir (wasn't around the TT before 6th ed). they look pretty cool and unique

but i did see some old unit someone had made that gave me a bit of an idea of the nasty things they did in the lore

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• ThanquolThanquol Senior Member SkavenblightPosts: 2,017Registered Users
    I'm a little sad to see the mini-campaigns scrapped as I rather enjoyed them, but will admit they where a one play through deal for me, and if we get double the starting LLs that's really cool to hear.
    "Fear me for I am Grey Seer Thanqol, Greatest TWW player in all of Skavendom."

Team Skaven

Which team are you? Post in your signature

Team Empire Team Bretonnia Team Kislev Team Dwarf Team Chaos Dwarf Team High Elves
    Team Dark Elves
    Team Wood Elves Team Warriors of Chaos Team Daemons of Chaos
    Team Beastmen
    Team Vampire Counts Team Tomb Kings Team Orcs and Goblins
    Team Ogre Kingdoms
    Team Lizardmen Team Skaven

• VonhellstingVonhellsting Posts: 550Registered Users
    Good to see we won't have to pay for maps anymore.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

@CA_Whelan some when you guys mention complete roster instead of mini campaign,does it mean ROR included as well...??

Probably not, as Bretonnia has been mentioned as quite complete if I'm not mistaken.
    bretonnia still doesn't have ror fyi

Balance Is A Lie

• MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,099Registered Users
    I hope that we will have an improvement for Chaos and Beastmen alongside Norsca. RoR, new units or even rework Malagor is good too.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users

JungleElf said:

@CA_Whelan some when you guys mention complete roster instead of mini campaign,does it mean ROR included as well...??

Probably not, as Bretonnia has been mentioned as quite complete if I'm not mistaken.
    bretonnia still doesn't have ror fyi
    Which I'm aware of. They can still be complete without it.
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 774Registered Users
    I am really interested how they are doing Norsca sp that the faction isn't just WoC light.
    What units are they using? Are there units they share with chaos? What game mechanic?
    Are there Lords who are more Norsca and less WoC? What about... So many questions, I can't wait to see them answered by CA. :smiley:

Would be surprised if it isn't Norsca.

BTW, I too think that Empire needs some love.
    All factions have a unique campaign play style (Movement stances, chivalry, ember, Horde, etc.) only Empire is rather plain in that regard. Its offices is not unique any more since Wood elves (and with the new factions not so impressive any more) ;-)
  • YandrilYandril Posts: 6Registered Users
    I don't mind cutting off mini-campaings in exchange for new LL, but mostly because of two we got with DLC's are boring so i hope CA will make new campaigns in the future witch are'nt tied to races and they focus more on gameplay of the new maps.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users

I am really interested how they are doing Norsca sp that the faction isn't just WoC light.
    What units are they using? Are there units they share with chaos? What game mechanic?
    Are there Lords who are more Norsca and less WoC? What about... So many questions, I can't wait to see them answered by CA. :smiley:

All factions have a unique campaign play style (Movement stances, chivalry, ember, Horde, etc.) only Empire is rather plain in that regard. Its offices is not unique any more since Wood elves (and with the new factions not so impressive any more) ;-)

The Empire is meant to be your basic Total War faction.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    obippo said:

"We called these big DLCs ‘Campaign Packs’ in the past, with Call of the Beastmen and Realm of the Wood Elves, but we’re heard the feedback that players would prefer larger rosters instead of the mini campaigns that came with these.

So the biggest change we’ll be making with the first large DLC for Warhammer II is to swap out the mini campaign for two more additional Legendary Lords, for a total of 4 playable Lords in the pack. "

Hell yeah, **** mini campaigns.

Awww ****. Why couldn't they have done that from the start!
    I still haven't even played the Realm of the wood elves and never will.
    Would have loved a better roster for beastmen.
    Oh well, at least they are doing it now so nice job and good luck.
    4 LL? They better put queek or else they are lazy and im sueing.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Posts: 1,749Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Hmmm Leather and Fur seems kinda Norsca like ;)

Edit: And possible bear claw scratch
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • SchwarzhelmSchwarzhelm Posts: 774Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

The Empire is meant to be your basic Total War faction.
    Not sure about that.
    The politic and religion plays a great deal in the lore as far as I know. It would be great to have some kind of unique feature about it.

CA_Whelan said:

poor game 1 factions :(

Some game 1 factions are getting some love don't worry

nice to hear!
    I was unaware of that! Where'd you get that!
    Im so happy now :smile:
    Thank you.

Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Let the Games Begin!
    corvo said:

This looks pretty norscan to me.

Skaven comnfirmed

Let the Games Begin!
  • RifugioRifugio Member Posts: 1,015Registered Users
    Regarding the mini campaigns, for me they were quite a nice way to introduce the new Factions, and I also liked the concept of focusing in more detail in different areas of the campaign map. But, in retrospect, if I was to be critical they were perhaps "too mini", creating something that was really a one off play through for one race.

When compared to other CA Campaigns created for historical games they could not really compete.

We will hopefully soon have 3 major campaigns for TW Warhammer - Old World, New World and Combined. If those feel suitably different that will be a great deal of replay value, and the focus of game development may be better directed towards making these play well and more interesting rather than creating playable one off mini campaigns. At least until the trilogy is completed...
    CA_Whelan said:

Better be Beastmen and Chaos

Let the Games Begin!
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,879Registered Users

CA_Whelan said:

Better be Beastmen and Chaos

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • daelin4daelin4 Senior Member Posts: 16,221Registered Users
    IMO the mini-campaigns had great potential, they just ended being "miniature" in the sense of being very watered down versions of grand campaign scale experience.
    First culprit being Beastmen campaign having only, well, Beastmen.

Corrected action is the most sincere form of apology.
  • ErminazErminaz Senior Member Las Vegas, Nevada, USAPosts: 5,559Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    A bit disappointed, I like mini-campaigns like we had in Shogun 2, Rome 2, and Attila where you could play multiple factions. I was hoping a shift to more things like that rather than removing them completely. Even if the roster expansions were removed from the campaigns I would still buy them. Oh well, I'll take my pointless and unwelcome opinion and go back into lurker mode as I'm apparently in the minority with campaigns.
    Post edited by Erminaz on
    Tacitus Quotes:
    Auferre, trucidare, rapere, falsis nominibus imperium; atque, ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant.
    They plunder, they slaughter, and they steal: this they falsely name Empire, and where they make a wasteland, they call it peace.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges.
    The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government.

I found Rome a city of filth covered marble and left it a pile of rubble. - Me
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    While I do enjoy the mini campaigns, to be honest, I really only play them once, and then they collect dust.

I spend most of my time on on the Grand Campaign map, so if the plan is to give us even more fleshed out factions to play with in the Grand Campaign in exchange for no mini-campaign I'm on board for that :-)

• whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Posts: 411Registered Users
    Axikus said:

Axikus said:

Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.

Or you can accept the compromise that the next additions will be more meaty and carry on. They might add 1 or 2 free things along the line but this train of thought is so cancerous. If X has Y then all X's must have Y's.
    So, you're okay with the current state of, for example, Empire, Kemmler and Beastmen?
    What's so "insidious" about the wish to have evenly interesting, balanced factions and features?
    it's not insidious but it doesn't make any sense. game 1 factions belong to game 1 and game 2 is being released. it's like expecting to update rome 1 factions when factions from rome 2 are being updated.

i'm also not happy with some factions but it is what it is.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Posts: 953Registered Users
    I think they did not put the feedback into perspective. It is not that people do not like mini-campaigns, it is just that the way they were presented was rather ****.
    The beastmen campaign, which could have been a cool way to do a versus-campaign, was just a streamlined battle simulator and was done after three hours. That is much less than one playthrough, and to top it off, we got a very barebone faction in every aspect for the steepest price to date.

For half the price you could get the grim and the grave or the king and warlord DLCs to recveive two more playthroughs worth of content. The perspective was askew.

Players also think of mini-campaigns as smaller versions of the great campaign. Meaning a focused map area and timeframe that otherwise functions just like sandbox of the big brother. Like Caesar in Gaul, Augustus, Rise of the Samurai etc.. Meaning more factions, more factions to choose from, coop.

So what players wanted was a reasonable experience for their money in all respects and that was disappointed. So now we get, for the same price, two more lords, more starting positions and "a fuller roster", whatever that means. For that they scrapped quite a costly mini-campaign. So, well then, they better increase the scale much more by adding RoR for the faction from the start, or decreasing the price to something more appropriate, like 10€.
  • NazredNazred Senior Member Posts: 916Registered Users

the more I think about it the more I am disappointed that they are dropping mini campaign altogether.

But I am still hopeful for including the minor factions especially if Norsca is being implemented. I hope the expansion race for Warhammer 2 will be Tomb Kings and the FLC will be Araby the same way as they did with Bretonnia. But I was secretly kind of hyped for a Tomb Kings campaign pack.

• CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Posts: 3,130Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Sounds good and all.

It seems like you listened to feedback.

But, what is the pre-order dlc??? I was hoping to find out.

The elves mini campaign was nice, but it was definitely a 1 and done thing. I think most people will get more enjoyment out of more Lords assuming they really do change your gameplay.

Also a couple more unique units will be nice to see.
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,931Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Teaser for new content!!!

start at 7:04

just a second xD.

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Posts: 2,417Registered Users
    corvo said:

just a second xD.

poor gobbo
    Also.. its that a spider?

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    corvo said:

Also.. its that a spider?

yep, dead arachnaroc. now what is big enough to shatter an arachnarok? mammoths
    the gobbo is in winter gear, the arrows seem somewhat primitive, but not as primitive as greenskin stuff.

basicly lots of norsca hints

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • Southern_HunterSouthern_Hunter Posts: 164Registered Users
    All good news. Thanks for listening to the community about some of these points.
    corvo said:

just a second xD.

so... i know that every hint point to norsca, but this teaser let me with doubs. I mean, norscan have no bows, for example, and the closer goblins to norsca should be those from Troll country...
    Team Skavens