Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    im betting they get horse archers, or maybe even foot archers, they won't field super heavy chaos infantry, best they get is somewhat better marauders, or fimir IF they make the cut (still in hope, lol)
    to balance that they could get a little bit of range power instead

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users
    whatever_ said:

Axikus said:

Axikus said:

Great news. Old factions will need even more love now to not feel forgotten.

Or you can accept the compromise that the next additions will be more meaty and carry on. They might add 1 or 2 free things along the line but this train of thought is so cancerous. If X has Y then all X's must have Y's.
    So, you're okay with the current state of, for example, Empire, Kemmler and Beastmen?
    What's so "insidious" about the wish to have evenly interesting, balanced factions and features?
    it's not insidious but it doesn't make any sense. game 1 factions belong to game 1 and game 2 is being released. it's like expecting to update rome 1 factions when factions from rome 2 are being updated.

i'm also not happy with some factions but it is what it is.
    Warhammer 1 and 2 are not even comparable to Rome 1 and 2...
  • UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Didn't they say the early adopter faction would be also ADDED to the campaign as opponents for players who have not preordered? However, the Norscan tribes are already in game... To be honest, if they announce Norsca as new faction, I will be disappointed. Not because I don't want them playable, but simply because they worded it like that. Why not simply say then: A faction from the first game/the Old World will be made PLAYABLE or something similar liket his...
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    UchihaG said:

Didn't they say the early adopter faction would be also ADDED to the campaign as opponents for players who have not preorderd? To be honest, if they announce Norsca as new faction, I will be disappointed. Not because I don't want them playable, but simply because they worded it like that. Why not simply say then: A faction from the first game/the Old World will be made PLAYABLE or something similar liket his...

it was pretty clear worded that the preorder/early adopter bonus for WH2 would be a race pack for WH1 and the combined campaign

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
    UchihaG said:

Didn't they say the early adopter faction would be also ADDED to the campaign as opponents for players who have not preordered? However, the Norscan tribes are already in game... To be honest, if they announce Norsca as new faction, I will be disappointed. Not because I don't want them playable, but simply because they worded it like that. Why not simply say then: A faction from the first game/the Old World will be made PLAYABLE or something similar liket his...

Because it's getting a whole revamp. All new units and the like.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users
    UchihaG said:

the current norsca is, hopefully, not comparable with the norsca we get.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • PaulHPaulH Posts: 1,309Registered Users
    The Norse did have archers in an early TT build.
  • zammezamme Posts: 218Registered Users
    UchihaG said:

They've said a long time ago that the faction will be a remake of an existing faction. It's more then just making an old faction playable. It's a complete make-over with lots of new units.

If it is Norsca, there will be a completely new roster and new mechanics on all fronts, it's as much as an added faction as when they gave us Bretonnia, probably even more so since Bretonnia already had a pretty decent roster, while Norsca now is very limited and mostly the same as Chaos.

• sarin555sarin555 Posts: 154Registered Users
    corvo said:

so... i know that every hint point to norsca, but this teaser let me with doubs. I mean, norscan have no bows, for example, and the closer goblins to norsca should be those from Troll country...

Maybe other barbarian tribes? Kurgan and Hung? Or maybe...all three of them?
  • Musculus_IVMusculus_IV Junior Member Posts: 318Registered Users
    "We called these big DLCs ‘Campaign Packs’ in the past, with Call of the Beastmen and Realm of the Wood Elves, but we’re heard the feedback that players would prefer larger rosters instead of the mini campaigns that came with these.

So the biggest change we’ll be making with the first large DLC for Warhammer II is to swap out the mini campaign for two more additional Legendary Lords, for a total of 4 playable Lords in the pack. These four will each have their own factions, unique start positions, quests-chains, epic gear, benefits and playstyle… the whole nine yards. They’ll be playable in both the Eye of the Vortex campaign and the forthcoming combined campaign map, if you also own Warhammer 1. So twice as many play-through opportunities than before. We’ll be watching closely to see if players think this is a good trade."

love it

CA is really showing that they are listening to the community now. They even gave us FFAs. I can preorder WH2 without second thoughts
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomPosts: 1,433Registered Users
    All very awesome. If it is Norsca I'll be slightly disappointed, but only because they hold no appeal to me so I don't expect to get much play time from them. Still, not long till High Elves and Lizardmen! (And history stuff...)
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    "Don’t forget that this Race will be added to the game as AI-controlled opposition and there’s free-LC alongside this release, so expect the Old World to be pretty refreshed even if you don’t get the new DLC."

I understand you guys and I also (unfortunately) believe it is a Norscan faction, however, I simply wanted to point out that their wording is misleading as you can read above. Still disappointing to me personally. If they needed to choose an already ingamen faction, I would have prefered Kislev with their Winged Lancers and Boris and/or Katarina rather than those annoying Norscans.
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Posts: 1,143Registered Users
    UchihaG said:

"Don’t forget that this Race will be added to the game as AI-controlled opposition and there’s free-LC alongside this release, so expect the Old World to be pretty refreshed even if you don’t get the new DLC."

I understand you guys and I also (unfortunately) believe it is a Norscan faction, however, I simply wanted to point out that their wording is misleading as you can read above. Still disappointing to me personally. If they needed to choose an already ingamen faction, I would have prefered Kislev with their Winged Lancers and Boris and/or Katarina rather than those annoying Norscans.

But maybe norscans now are not anymore that annoying with same army all over again. Honestly i am happy that i won't have to fight with same units all over again multiple time. Maybe now they even fight each other because i was tired of them to came with a lot of bad stacks razing all AI cities.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Posts: 1,026Registered Users

But maybe norscans now are not anymore that annoying with same army all over again. Honestly i am happy that i won't have to fight with same units all over again multiple time. Maybe now they even fight each other because i was tired of them to came with a lot of bad stacks razing all AI cities.

Amen. With many factions you spend all game fighting Norsca and their limited roster and personality really grate. A rework of them was unexpected but very welcome (if it is indeed them).
  • PhiloslothicalPhiloslothical Posts: 859Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    I do hope for some additions to the GS roster. They're supposed to have the more variations and end up having close to none.
    Also only 2 (gobbo) heroes. The roster deserves to get something like black orc and/or savage orc big boss for some Gorkness.
    Praise the sun ! \[T]/
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Posts: 3,607Registered Users
    I liked the mini-campaigns, but they weren't sandbox enough for me (And thus not playable in head to head mp campaign).

All in all though, I'll take 4LLs over a mini-campaign, and I am happy with the news. Thanks for the update!
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,778Registered Users

Actually i'm quite sad that CA opted out on the mini campaigns. Even though they weren't perfect and mostly a "one time use", the mini-campaign concept was really cool IMO and it could have been "expanded" and improved upon.

You had your big campaign and a little one focused on a particular event/rivalry/war in the lore.

A pity.

Having said that, i appreciate that the lord packs will come with more lords and consequently specific quests/item/skills.

0,75/1 thumbs up (just for personal taste though) ;)

Yeah, I don't think the mini-campaigns were terrible idea but if CA is going to do them they should add a bit of replayability or focus on a specific scenario that can be played from 2-3 sides. It might work better in historical games honestly but now with the Sagas series it seems CA probably will leave such things to that spin-off.

Overall bigger rosters or more factions in Warhammer is probably the better course. The Wood Elves campaign would have been much more interesting to me if Athel Loren was made even larger with Bretonnia only being 1/3 or less of the map instead of the 2/3 or more it turned out which was a particularly poor idea given that Bretonnia was not playable.

A Wood Elves mini campaign with playable Bretonnia start position, Beastmen start position (only if owning Beastmen DLC), and 2 Wood Elves start positions. Having Beastmen start in corrupted part of Athel Loren and random herds spawning nearby as well Bretonnia being a bit more aggressive on the outer parts of Athel Loren and the Dark Spirits of the forest being portrayed... as an AI adversary that didn't need new units but were the rebels and an opposing faction with a single custom lord as Drycha being the only new content- everything else other than map would already exist so shouldn't have cost much for CA. Never understood why Wood Elves and Beastmen mini campaigns had only one start position, makes it a one and done and the maps for both had quite a bit more 'outside' content with most of the map being sort of wasted space.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Posts: 769Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    I must say I am really impressed by CA's attitude.

They seem to take the criticism of both the chaos warriors per-order and small campaign pack which resulted in a lesser army roster for beastmen to heart. (I still have very small hope for some of the missing units of the beastmen to appear at some point in the trilogy)

As a customer I want to say thank you CA.

Edit: Also hope with 4 legendary loads we can actually get Nagash in to the game :D
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,142Registered Users

Beastmen: where is the love?

• Cronik2kCronik2k Posts: 89Registered Users
    Good choice by CA with both the pre-order race for game 1 and very happy to get a more complete roster and more legendary lords for the dlc race packs. I have both the previous ones and I've never bothered to play the mini-campaigns.

I just hope that as time goes on we will get more complete unit rosters, more lords, more starting positions and to have Middenheim, Southern Realms, Kislev, Mousillon, Varg and Norsca as playable races for game one. I am more than happy to pay for that as long as they are reasonably priced.
    !

I do hope for some additions to the GS roster. They're supposed to have the more variations and end up having close to none.
    Also only 2 (gobbo) heroes. The roster deserves to get something like black orc and/or savage orc big boss for some Gorkness.

The Greenskin roster is one of the biggest, I don't see why. They already got most if not all of their unique units.
  • crow_fffcrow_fff Posts: 4Registered Users
    Its Middenland guys.
    Withe pelt of the cilt of Ulric
    Empire is ith only one left withput subfaction

Its obvious to me:)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,879Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    crow_fff said:

Its Middenland guys.

considering the Drakwald and the Forest Goblins there, the Arachnarok would even make sense...

Side note: This is not saying that it will be Middenland
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • LudboneLudbone Posts: 1,142Registered Users
    That's Norsca, guys.

What about that strange "roar" during the Teaser?

7:03

Seems like an elephant...or better a mammoth <3 </b>

Now listen this, the sound of a mammoth:

Reality. An elephant roar:

0:33
    Beastmen: where is the love?

complete new race, they've said. Not a subfaction...

Really folks...
  • HeroofRome1HeroofRome1 Member Posts: 1,613Registered Users
    crow_fff said:

Its Middenland guys.

Perhaps it's a hint concerning the FLC and the DLC race at the same time?
    Team Rome, Team Byzantium, Team Dwarfs, Team Empire, Team Bretonnia Team Grim, Team elf slayers, Team Belegar.
    I'm going to facepalm until the announcement.
  • Alaric83Alaric83 Posts: 150Registered Users
    All of it is great news !

About the lack of min-campaigns, well, that won't be a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing them the first time, but it is a lot of work for few hours of gameplay. I spend hundreds of hours on the campaign map, and I would 100% agree that it is more important to have more factions/lords and maybe even units on the campaign map, rather than having this "minigame" on the side.

We will all agree that a Tomb King mini campaign where you have to defend against all races coming to raid your tombs would be fun ; But that having 4 fully fleshed Tomb Kings factions on the mega campaign map is a much better deal.

Go on CA ! You are learning from your previous imperfections. Make sure that, by the end of Game 3, we have the ultimate Total War campaign map ! And the ultimate Warhammer game ! You are doing it :D
  • Alaric83Alaric83 Posts: 150Registered Users
    All of it is great news !

About the lack of min-campaigns, well, that won't be a bad thing.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed playing them the first time, but it is a lot of work for few hours of gameplay. I spend hundreds of hours on the campaign map, and I would 100% agree that it is more important to have more factions/lords and maybe even units on the campaign map, rather than having this "minigame" on the side.