Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Blog - On Early Adopter Bonuses and Post-launch Support

Comments

• ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,487Registered Users
    Guys don't just look at the visuals of the teaser, but listen to the audio. The music is Nordic chanting. The growl is clearly some kind of beast.

Also regarding visuals, people are saying Norscan's don't have arrows. I beg to differ lol. And why don't they have arrows?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Posts: 10,220Registered Users

Also regarding visuals, people are saying Norscan's don't have arrows. I beg to differ lol. And why don't they have arrows?

that probably comes from the fact that the WoC don't have them.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ShermanSherman Member Posts: 878Registered Users

No more mini campaign it's ok, all the money will be used for LL and units? Sad that can't be used for naval battles.
  • thedudeguythedudeguy Posts: 287Registered Users
    Otter people. Cannibalistic, evil-worshipping, rapey adorable otter people.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Posts: 791Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Sherman said:

No more mini campaign it's ok, all the money will be used for LL and units? Sad that can't be used for naval battles.

EVERY faction would need an unique set of ships, EVERY faction would need balancing, new soundtracks, maps, animations...

You would almost need the budget, time and personel for a whole other game.
  • HoneyBunHoneyBun Senior Member Posts: 4,477Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

Sherman said:

EVERY faction would need an unique set of ships, EVERY faction would need balancing, new soundtracks, maps, animations...

Such as Game 3 - which currently has barely any armies in it

They are making an FPS. Who knew a company could have a mid-life crisis ...

• DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Posts: 472Registered Users
    HoneyBun said:

JungleElf said:

Sherman said:

Chaos Dwarfs, Orge Kingdoms, Daemons of Chaos and maybe Kislev.
    HoneyBun said:

JungleElf said:

Sherman said:

We have no idea yet how they're going to handle the demons. Maybe a roster for each God of Chaos? We just don't know.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,113Registered Users
    Aryvian said:

"What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Putting a load more in makes it more costly to make of course."

Their way of saying/justifying that we will have to pay extra for the fourth race (Skaven)?

Someone watches Arch Warhammer. Seriously, he doesn't do research in the slightest and he's honestly borderline paranoid for no reason.
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Posts: 555Registered Users
    Seldkam said:

Aryvian said:

"What we’ve done is take on board the criticism of our earlier DLCs, and Chaos Warriors in particular. The early-adopter Race Pack that we’ll reveal this week will be more along the lines of the content in Bretonnia than Chaos Warriors. So, legendary lords with unique start positions/factions, lots of new units, plus unique, flavourful and strongly differentiated Race mechanics. All of which is designed to increase the replayability and distinctiveness of the new Race.

Their way of saying/justifying that we will have to pay extra for the fourth race (Skaven)?

Someone watches Arch Warhammer. Seriously, he doesn't do research in the slightest and he's honestly borderline paranoid for no reason.
    I mostly like the guy, but sometimes he sounds like a whiny bitch. It's kind of annoying. Still a good fellow, though...
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 9,892Registered Users

Seldkam said:

Aryvian said:

I mostly like the guy, but sometimes he sounds like a whiny bitch. It's kind of annoying. Still a good fellow, though...
    if you have a knack for cynism, irony and sarcasm... which i do... though yeah, there are moments where I think: "Eh.."
    Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?
  • UchihaGUchihaG Posts: 363Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

HoneyBun said:

JungleElf said:

Sherman said:

We have no idea yet how they're going to handle the demons. Maybe a roster for each God of Chaos? We just don't know.
    I suppose they could add a "race" Daemons of Chaos with the base units they share and then subdivide the "race" into 4 different subfactions with different Legendary Lords for each Chaos god and each subfaction could then include the unique units of each Chaos god.
    CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3 3.40GHz
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX970
    RAM: 16GB DDR3
    SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 Evo
  • LuciferLucifer Member England U.KPosts: 1,807Registered Users
    Would be real nice to see the mini campaigns and the LL's, and everyone will be happy.

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein

My steam workshop Warhammer II mods
  • Horus168Horus168 Posts: 578Registered Users
    Great news, hopefully this means all twwh 1 & 2 races will get to 4 lls over the course of the game 2 dlc/flc cycle then....
  • MrMecHMrMecH Posts: 2,102Registered Users
    Horus168 said:

Great news, hopefully this means all twwh 1 & 2 races will get to 4 lls over the course of the game 2 dlc/flc cycle then....

If CA want balancing then all races should have at least 4 LL.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• BigD2016BigD2016 Posts: 166Registered Users

Seldkam said:

Aryvian said:

I used to watch him because he could be kinda funny sometimes with his weird analogies and sarcasm, but eventually his pesimissim and constant paranoia about CA wanting to screw people over kinda started to annoy me.

Then I discovered the glorious god of lore videos that is the inept general
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Posts: 13,130Registered Users, Moderators
    The thing that disappointed me with the minicampaigns is that they were basically one race only.

So I'll take this over the minicampaigns if that is what we were going to get.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -The "Spam" flag is not a "disagree" flag. Have a care.
    -...No, no the "Abuse" flag isn't a "disagree" flag either!
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • rad13rad13 Member Posts: 616Registered Users
    Lucifer said:

Would be real nice to see the mini campaigns and the LL's, and everyone will be happy.

during the e3 coverage they kind of hinted at where their thinking is wrt mini campaigns. and i think we can see that being put into action with the historic 'saga' idea.

pending ongoing commercial success etc, i think that we'll see mini campaigns or sagas for TWW after game 3 is launched and their planned game 3 dlc is done.

they'll have a huge map, all the races and most LLs from the lore. they could then do mini campaigns - like the history sagas - that focus on a particular event or story within the whole warhammer lore
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,622Registered Users
    I don't mind smaller campaigns - but I think being done after they have finished the trilogy affords a much more interesting narrative and balance. The 2 mini campaigns we have feel like an obligation rather than a selling feature.

So having more content for the races just seems like a no-brainer now that we have tasted what the min-campaigns are currently like.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,051Registered Users
    Lucifer said:

Except for the $35 pricetag which would turn everyone into raging balls of hatred and salt.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • FireAbendFireAbend Junior Member Posts: 15Registered Users
    Great news! Everytime i think about starting one of the minicampaigns i end up on the bigcampaign map. :)
    To get more startpositions and better rosters is awesome.

Lucifer said:

Except for the $35 pricetag which would turn everyone into raging balls of hatred and salt.
    That's hyperbolic, it will probably stay in the same price category.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 10,051Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

Lucifer said:

If we got 4 LL, 4 sub-factions and a mini campaign? Keep dreaming.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

JungleElf said:

Lucifer said:

If we got 4 LL, 4 sub-factions and a mini campaign? Keep dreaming.
    My apologies, thought you meant excluding the minicampaign.
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 319Registered Users
    JungleElf said:

Lucifer said:

Maybe not 35$/€, but it could settle on a 20-25 $/€ price range. Multiply it x2, add the RoRs DLCs and you'll probably start seeing a lot of flaming torches in the distance going towards CA's HQ.
    Anyway, as soon as i finished writing my last comment i thought: wait. What kind of DLC are we going to see then (after the first one CA's talking about in the Blog)?

Options:
    1) race pack without minicampaign but with 4 LLs instead than 2;
    2) race pack without minicampaign with standard 2 LLs;
    (followed by a)
    3) DLC a la "Grim and the Grave/King and the Warlord" with 4 LLs instead than 2.

?

And how will this reflect on the DLC prices?

• obippoobippo Member Posts: 2,244Registered Users
    edited July 2017

JungleElf said:

Lucifer said:

Maybe not 35$/€, but it could settle on a 20-25 $/€ price range. Multiply it x2, add the RoRs DLCs and you'll probably start seeing a lot of flaming torches in the distance going towards CA's HQ.
    I'm totally willing to pay that for a full roster race DLC with 4 lords, tbh
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

edited July 2017

Anyway, as soon as i finished writing my last comment i thought: wait. What kind of DLC are we going to see then (after the first one CA's talking about in the Blog)?

Options:
    1) race pack without minicampaign but with 4 LLs instead than 2;
    2) race pack without minicampaign with standard 2 LLs;
    (followed by a)
    3) DLC a la "Grim and the Grave/King and the Warlord" with 4 LLs instead than 2.

?

And how will this reflect on the DLC prices?

Read carefully, they're only talking about the race packs in that paragraph.
    JungleElf said:

Read carefully, they're only talking about the race packs in that paragraph.

Yup you're right, thank you for the correction! ;)

The last question still stands though. I wonder how 4LLs instead of a minicampaign will reflect on the Pack price.
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Posts: 1,484Registered Users
    :'( I love you guys :'(
    My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/brightbluejacket1
    Watch if you like high quality, edited and cinematic videos with informed content.
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    16GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p