Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

The DE Trailer soundtrack was awesome! (hope all the TW:WH2 OST is up to par)

FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 293Registered Users
Saw it on Reddit and i couldn't resist sharing it here

I think we can all agree on the fact that the track playing in the DE reveal trailer was really really cool. Especially the bits from 1:23 to 1:45 and 2:10 to 2:29. It looks like that the "evil" races have the best musical themes (VC in particular).

If high elves and lizardmen both attracted me, the thought of battling, siegeing and pillaging with this track playing (and that Malekith look <3 ) just put the DE on top of the "Race i'm going to play first" list.

I hope CA has further improved their soundtrack epicness and uniqueness. I'm particularly curious for the Skaven tracks/musical theme.

All credits to Party_Elite for the awesome picture (here's the link to the thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6nohv5/its_gonna_be_the_hottest_record_of_the_year/)

Comments

• RichardNRoundRichardNRound Posts: 552Registered Users
    edited July 17
    I agree. I have always loved TW soundtracks, and although I liked the TWW soundtrack, it got old after continuous playing and it wasn't good enough for me to look for it on Spotify.
    The string accomplishment to the dark elf trailer was excellent though. Sent a shiver down my spine.
  • alex33alex33 Posts: 772Registered Users
    I hope the game 2 soundtrack will be good. The game 1 one wasn't too bad but i have to say i can't remember any soundtrack since we lost van dyck. After a few hours everything sounds the same in the first game. They are just not that interessting to listen too. I hope beddow gets it this time
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 1,238Registered Users
    does anyone know what the music was in wood elves announce trailer...??

Balance Is A Lie

• carnotauruscarnotaurus Posts: 36Registered Users
    I like the Music in these two.

• DalakhDalakh Senior Member FrancePosts: 1,726Registered Users
    I distinctly recall how awesome and fitting the music was in the Bretonnia trailer. Needless to say it amounted to nothing.
    "We shall strike down our foes with sharp steel and cold hearts. The weak die so that the strong prevail and none shall be spared. Then and only then will our enemies know the true meaning of fear."

— Malekith, Witch King of Naggaroth
    Dalakh said:

I distinctly recall how awesome and fitting the music was in the Bretonnia trailer. Needless to say it amounted to nothing.

This one.

edited July 17
    Dalakh said:

My favorite video game music is one that sound out of place for the franchise nobody think mario when they here this.

• Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 2,294Registered Users
    Voice acting, dialogue, and the score are where CA cuts costs. At this point I think its foolish to expect anything better than a C or maybe C+ quality effort.

I would love to be proven wrong however.
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 7,701Registered Users
    edited July 17

Voice acting, dialogue, and the score are where CA cuts costs. At this point I think its foolish to expect anything better than a C or maybe C+ quality effort.

I figure you haven't heard yet what it sounds like when someone cuts cost in music and SFX. Hint: lots and lots of stock FX and PD music. Also, you ain't gonna' tell me the VA in TWWH are amateurs.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Posts: 2,294Registered Users

I figure you haven't heard yet what it sounds like when someone cuts cost in music and SFX. Hint: lots and lots of stock FX and PD music. Also, you ain't gonna' tell me the VA in TWWH are amateurs.
    Im not saying they are amateurs; im saying the majority of the voice acting, when its not specifically bad, seems very uninspired and is very forgettable.
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 293Registered Users
    The one thing i'm hoping for is that - since WH sold really well and helped boosting CA from a financial point of view - we'll see an improvement in all the sectors of the 2nd and 3rd chapters of the saga, including sound design and the musical score.

Ik that soundtracks may look like less important to develop than faction rosters, unit animations, campaign mechanics - which are all super important ofc - but an amazing score can raise a game up to an even higher level of greatness and truly make it shine.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Posts: 246Registered Users
    Get back Jeff van Dyke and all will be fine
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 1,238Registered Users

does anyone know what the music was in wood elves announce trailer...??

anyone..??

Balance Is A Lie

• FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyPosts: 293Registered Users
    edited July 18
    I looked on youtube and it looks like that the WE Trailer OST is trailer-only.

Here you can find the in-game OST though:

The WE OST is towards the end of the playlist