Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Beastmen update confirmed

HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119
edited July 2017 in General Discussion

https://www.reddit.com/user/Rich_A_CA
Look at her comments!
Omfg yes. My two favourite factions will get some love! What could it be?ROR? New followers for the WE? A third LL? Or..the jabber? Many charlemagnes have been spent I can feel it!
Post edited by Hircane on

Comments

• lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    You're late
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119
    edited July 2017
    lucibuis said:

You're late

Sorry I did not realise it was pointed out already that the beastmen would recieve a update. I will try to get this deleted asap!

Edit*

Since many people liked this I wont delete it sorry
    Post edited by Hircane on
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 990
    You don't need to delete it. There are probably several people who haven't heard that somethings coming for the beastmen. What it is though we still have no Idea.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    edited July 2017
    Beastmen roster is already filled with RoR.

What they need is new LL and additional units....

You don't need to delete it. There are probably several people who haven't heard that somethings coming for the beastmen. What it is though we still have no Idea.

Damn you are right! Thank you. In the previous post only the woodelfes have been mentioned, but she also said "the cloven ones will be no exeption"!
    jamreal18 said:

Beastmen roster is already filled with RoR.

What they need is new LL and additional units....

Jabberslythe and gorghon would be my wet dreames of course, but I highly doubt it tbh. Ror seem far more realistic.
    But since norsca seems so incredebly strong now it seems like beastmen could use a upgrade!
  • Aman3712Aman3712 Registered Users Posts: 669
    Beastmen could use some more units, alongside some RoR and a good o' Doombull if possible!
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    ror is the best they can do right now. everything else is wet dreams pretty much.
  • TherenTheren Registered Users Posts: 296
    So ghorgon or jabber?

Everybody hyped gor the jabbers, but the ghorgon is realy closer to my heart. Other races have realy big gargantuan monstrocities, and powerfull elites. (Arachnarok, Hippogriph knights, Treeman, war mammoth)
    BM realy feels broken becouse the two mentioned elite units of them is missing and they has nothing to counter this great toys.
    Aman3712 said:

Beastmen could use some more units, alongside some RoR and a good o' Doombull if possible!

To me they should get some more map control. Now norsca too can settle (nearly) everywhere and erect monuments.
    The beastmen also erect herdstones but they are really and entirely useless. They should be more diverse.( I think they should get JUST outposts, similar to the WE but no recruting options that come with it)
    Theren said:

So ghorgon or jabber?

Everybody hyped gor the jabbers, but the ghorgon is realy closer to my heart. Other races have realy big gargantuan monstrocities, and powerfull elites. (Arachnarok, Hippogriph knights, Treeman, war mammoth)
    BM realy feels broken becouse the two mentioned elite units of them is missing and they has nothing to counter this great toys.

THANK YOU

Exactly what I meant. The beastmen are supposed to be dangerous to all civilisation but seem rather like angry cattle. They need to be expanded! Like seriously CA! Everyone has been **** and nagging about the jabber and the gorghon missing for about one year! Just do it.
    Theren said:

So ghorgon or jabber?

Dude I'd love to see both of them! Though admittedly, CA could have an easier time making the Ghorgon, since they cuss reuse animations from the Cygor.
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411
    Hircane said:

Theren said:

So ghorgon or jabber?

THANK YOU

Exactly what I meant. The beastmen are supposed to be dangerous to all civilisation but seem rather like angry cattle. They need to be expanded! Like seriously CA! Everyone has been **** and nagging about the jabber and the gorghon missing for about one year! Just do it.
    yeah just do it, like it costs nothing to make them. they didn't make them when they were releasing bm dlc yet you expect they will make them now for free.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Hircane said:

Aman3712 said:

To me they should get some more map control. Now norsca too can settle (nearly) everywhere and erect monuments.
    The beastmen also erect herdstones but they are really and entirely useless. They should be more diverse.( I think they should get JUST outposts, similar to the WE but no recruting options that come with it)
    Not sure if it would work with they attack and hide tactic. They are the best horde faction. Maybe a different outpost system but not like wood elves
    Hircane said:

Aman3712 said:

Some very good points.

I feel that CA should make Herdstones something along the lines of the Norscan Monuments, with each Heardstone granting unique buffs to the Beastmen depending on which Chaos God you devote it to. At the same time though, if CA does go about doing this, they should make the differentiate the Beastmen buffs from the Norscan buffs, so that they don't feel reused/recycled.
    Aman3712 said:

Hircane said:

Aman3712 said:

Some very good points.

I feel that CA should make Herdstones something along the lines of the Norscan Monuments, with each Heardstone granting unique buffs to the Beastmen depending on which Chaos God you devote it to. At the same time though, if CA does go about doing this, they should make the differentiate the Beastmen buffs from the Norscan buffs, so that they don't feel reused/recycled.
    Or maybe some way or form of pretection. The herdstones are said to be extremly defended by the local tribes yet the other factions can simply resettle them without a fight. Id give them maybe a couple of gors and some minotaurs to be lore friendly but not to OP. You could also make the beastmen just hidable in friendly/enemy terretory.
    Maybe they should have a combination between horde and heardstones. Keep the horde part as it is but may have hearstones that have a small income, unlock powerfull units as Jaberslyth and Ghorgon :smiley:
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,155

Maybe they should have a combination between horde and heardstones. Keep the horde part as it is but may have hearstones that have a small income, unlock powerfull units as Jaberslyth and Ghorgon :smiley:

Yes. Put some layers/herdstones/temples in drakwald and reikwald etc. which you could raid and maybe even loot/reclaim lost loot
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    I would love to see Beastmen being able to build shrines in ruined cities and should their horde be wiped out, respawn at said shrines. It would a) settle the problem where one mistake can entirely wipe your campaign ifyou only have one horde left, and b) resemble the fact that Beastmen do gather at these shrines time and time again in order to launch raids on the civilized ones.

It would also make it more fun than just seeing "The Red-Eye Tribe has been wiped out" for the millionth time in a campaign.
    I totally agree that the Beastmen Herdstones are in need of a major rework, and a lot of ideas being thrown around in regards to them are all excellent! Not only could Herdstones come with their own small garrisons to reflect the local tribes protecting them, but they could also act as special buildings that provide unique buffs for the Beastmen (in regards to ambushes, beast trails, and so forth) as well as buildings where players can recrute the strongest monsters of the Beastmen roster!

Other than that, do you guys think their ambush mechanics could also use some reworking?
    Aman3712 said:

I totally agree that the Beastmen Herdstones are in need of a major rework, and a lot of ideas being thrown around in regards to them are all excellent! Not only could Herdstones come with their own small garrisons to reflect the local tribes protecting them, but they could also act as special buildings that provide unique buffs for the Beastmen (in regards to ambushes, beast trails, and so forth) as well as buildings where players can recrute the strongest monsters of the Beastmen roster!

Other than that, do you guys think their ambush mechanics could also use some reworking?

Maybe their ambush mechanic should affect siege as well?

Imgine your troops beeing scattered over the city or all at the central point and you first would have to assign them, so that BM get time to rush in
  • TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    I love their ambush mechanics. Really suits the beastmen flavor, imho.

The only weird thing is that it always happens in a Beast-Path, which fits for some Empire regions, but in a mountainous area, it's kind of weird.
    Aman3712 said:

I think is good as it is now. It reflects the lore to.
  • twwatcher#9628twwatcher#9628 Registered Users Posts: 2,727
    Must admit when I first used them I assumed the growth benefit would be per turn rather than a one off. Still found it useful especially as slow growth is a factor, would prefer a boost followed by a continuous growth buff to represent the attraction of such sites to fellow BM.

Not sure about a small garrison idea not much use with full stacks knocking around.
    What I think is, that BM could use garrison for some of their buildings. It s stupid, that an horde has as much units as an regular army.

Also, this would help their isolated hordes more exspec WoC.
  • CoveredfiresCoveredfires Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,134
    Aman3712 said:

Theren said:

So ghorgon or jabber?

Dude I'd love to see both of them! Though admittedly, CA could have an easier time making the Ghorgon, since they cuss reuse animations from the Cygor.
    Pretty sure the animations would be different for the Ghorgon and Cygor. The Ghorgon has 4 arms that he will be swinging, and I imagine he is a little quicker than the cygor too - since he isn't lugging a rock around.
    Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.
    Donald Trump

Aman3712 said:

Theren said:

So ghorgon or jabber?

Pretty sure the animations would be different for the Ghorgon and Cygor. The Ghorgon has 4 arms that he will be swinging, and I imagine he is a little quicker than the cygor too - since he isn't lugging a rock around.
    True, but the legs of both monsters are pretty similar, so I figured that CA could used the Cygor skeleton/leg animation for moving, while giving it brand new animations for its arms and it being a Ghorgon.
  • Earlybird#2907Earlybird#2907 Registered Users Posts: 1,147
    Tuskgor chariots please
  • AJH1987AJH1987 Registered Users Posts: 216
    Good. It's overdue, along with some WE and Chaos attention (assuming the latter will get some also).

Those who have been arbitrarily typing "no dlc for dlc" for months are eating your words now, aren't you all?
  • twwatcher#9628twwatcher#9628 Registered Users Posts: 2,727
    AJH1987 said:

Good. It's overdue, along with some WE and Chaos attention (assuming the latter will get some also).

Those who have been arbitrarily typing "no dlc for dlc" for months are eating your words now, aren't you all?

Its not DLC for DLC its FLC. You will still need to own Call of the BM but no extra cash involved.

A lot of the speculation does seem overboard for FLC, the original quote said a "dusting" for all races so who knows.