Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Beastmen update confirmed

Comments

• IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Dusting looks like something minor as ror.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HircaneHircane Registered Users Posts: 119
    Aman3712 said:

I totally agree that the Beastmen Herdstones are in need of a major rework, and a lot of ideas being thrown around in regards to them are all excellent! Not only could Herdstones come with their own small garrisons to reflect the local tribes protecting them, but they could also act as special buildings that provide unique buffs for the Beastmen (in regards to ambushes, beast trails, and so forth) as well as buildings where players can recrute the strongest monsters of the Beastmen roster!

Other than that, do you guys think their ambush mechanics could also use some reworking?

This would also solve some major problems concerning controlling a area. I seems highly unlikly that this will happen, but it would be my personal dream I suppose.

Do any of you have any other speculations what this small changes could be? ROR seem to much since CA charged us 10 bucks for the dwarfs etc.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157

Dusting looks like something minor as ror.

A good start.

May just be hype management, try and imply small to limit disappointment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited July 2017
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Hircane said:

Aman3712 said:

I totally agree that the Beastmen Herdstones are in need of a major rework, and a lot of ideas being thrown around in regards to them are all excellent! Not only could Herdstones come with their own small garrisons to reflect the local tribes protecting them, but they could also act as special buildings that provide unique buffs for the Beastmen (in regards to ambushes, beast trails, and so forth) as well as buildings where players can recrute the strongest monsters of the Beastmen roster!

Other than that, do you guys think their ambush mechanics could also use some reworking?

This would also solve some major problems concerning controlling a area. I seems highly unlikly that this will happen, but it would be my personal dream I suppose.

Do any of you have any other speculations what this small changes could be? ROR seem to much since CA charged us 10 bucks for the dwarfs etc.
    Ror for 2 factions + new units + legendary lords with unique mechanics... Not just ror...

I think it'd be cool if beastmen could have herd stones in athel loren.

That would fit perfectly. A garissoned area of pure forest which functions as controlling area but is extremly challenging to take
  • Lord_Nathanael#8065Lord_Nathanael#8065 Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    Hircane said:

this, so much.
    ROR were basicly half the reason why people bought those DLC for the 4 main factions. I can't see CA tossing the exact same thing out for other factions for free. I also think woodelves and bretonnia especially were designed without their own ROR units in mind, their rosters are strong and can defeat ROR without problems

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • whatever_whatever_ Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 411

Hircane said:

this, so much.
    ROR were basicly half the reason why people bought those DLC for the 4 main factions. I can't see CA tossing the exact same thing out for other factions for free. I also think woodelves and bretonnia especially were designed without their own ROR units in mind, their rosters are strong and can defeat ROR without problems
    except people already paid for dlc factions. it costs them almost nothing to make ror. i don't personally care about them but i can't see they would offer anything more than that for free.

Hircane said:

this, so much.
    Try that crap in head to head campaign.
    Yeah its kind of ridic how you can get a whole stack in one turn of the late game.

Plus its not lore inacurrate.
    They fight over forests
    They also live in forests.
    Keep their armies as hordes
    But the "main base" would be their
    forest home in athel loren.
    Once they finally take it from them elves.

Its acctually lore accurate as far as I am concerned. Why would the beastmen just give up their bloodgrounds and leafe them for anyone to conquer? This would make athel loren really interesting since no other races can control it atm.
    edited July 2017
    thats an entirely different issue and was discussed alot allready, the instant disband/destroy and recruitment of ROR units is borderline abuse, I think about it as an oversight which will hopefully be patched soon. (like a 5 turn timer for rerecruitment)

thats an entirely different issue and was discussed alot allready, the instant disband/destroy and recruitment of ROR units is borderline abuse, I think about it as an oversight which will hopefully be patched soon. (like a 5 turn timer for rerecruitment)

Explain how its an entirely different issue.
    like I said, the insta rerecruitment is a problem with the campaign mechanics, disbanding and "teleporting" them to the other side of the realm shouldn't be possible. it has nothing to do with the units stats, cost effectiveness and so on however. give them a turn timer for rerecruitment, and if you really must a 1 turn recruitment time (like normal units) and its fixed

• EizoEizo Registered Users Posts: 1,016
    you know what too much to expect in this update.

Ghorgon and Jabbersythe.
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    edited July 2017
    If they really really can't make a Ghorgon, let them at least do a ROR resiknned giant or Cygor. Super ugly one with regeneration and huge punch.

Of course I would prefer actual Ghorgon.
    Sbygneus said:

If they really really can't make a Ghorgon, let them at least do a ROR resiknned giant or Cygor. Super ugly one with regeneration and huge punch.

No, please god no
    I need a real ghorgon and a jabberslythe.

Thing that came to my mind. Why exactly cant you use the manticore model?
    (Im not a programmer and apologyse if this is a stupid suggestion since I have no idea of this)✌
    Why exactly didnt CA create these units ages ago? Next to the skaven its the most requested subject I have seen so far concerning the first title.
  • saberslash117saberslash117 Registered Users Posts: 223
    Hircane said:

Sbygneus said:

No, please god no
    I need a real ghorgon and a jabberslythe.

Thing that came to my mind. Why exactly cant you use the manticore model?
    (Im not a programmer and apologyse if this is a stupid suggestion since I have no idea of this)✌
    A Jabbersyth is different from a Manticore, seeing as it is basically an ugly Chaos Spawn but with tiny ass wings that supposively allows it to fly. The eonly similariest between them is the mane of hair and horns but thats mostly it.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,166
    twwatcher said:

A lot of the speculation does seem overboard for FLC, the original quote said a "dusting" for all races so who knows.

We learned nothing from An Old Friend. "Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content. History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new."
    MrJade said:

twwatcher said:

A lot of the speculation does seem overboard for FLC, the original quote said a "dusting" for all races so who knows.

We learned nothing from An Old Friend. "Everything is wearisome beyond description. No matter how much we see, we are never satisfied. No matter how much we hear, we are not content. History merely repeats itself. It has all been done before. Nothing under the sun is truly new."
    Damn dude thats a deep quote for a post which revolves around getting a minotaur giant and a green lonster bat, but good notheless!
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    JUST MAKE THE GHORGON AND JABBER AND THE DEGREE OF **** WILL REDUCE IMMENSELY!

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • dodge33cymru#1936dodge33cymru#1936 Registered Users Posts: 3,372
    Hoping for RoR

Tuskgor chariots would be a bonus

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Hircane said:

https://www.reddit.com/user/Rich_A_CA
    Look at her comments!
    Omfg yes. My two favourite factions will get some love! What could it be?ROR? New followers for the WE? A third LL? Or..the jabber? Many charlemagnes have been spent I can feel it!

If they finally decided to add:
    - Ghorgon and Jabber for Beastmen,
    AND
    - Nightmaw and Mutalith for Chaos Warriors,
    AND
    - Shadowdancer hero for Wood Elves,
    AND
    - Spellcaster Lords for all three above...
    I will personally and publicly take back a lot of bad blood I've been spreading in CA's direction and apologize.

But honestly, I don't believe it's gonna be the case. Most likely we're gonna get some reskins here and there, and that's probably the best case scenario.
  • Mogwai_Man#4978Mogwai_Man#4978 Registered Users Posts: 6,059
    RoR units
    Taurox
    Doombull
    Wargor
  • SindrissSindriss Registered Users Posts: 517
    They aren't adding any new units, just a new building that gives -3% upkeep costs.
  • kroghammerkroghammer Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 208

JUST MAKE THE GHORGON AND JABBER AND THE DEGREE OF **** WILL REDUCE IMMENSELY!

Dont forget Malagor must fly!!!!
    Team Nippon