Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Chaos Demons?

Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,581
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Hi, So as you guys may have noticed, the Skulls for the Skull Throne Discount is going on right now. They are using some nice artwork with it.

I tried to find the artwork on the internet, but I couldn't find it.

It could be just me, but I found the artwork quite similar drawn compared to other artwork that CA has made.

The Background with the mountains look a lot like the Norsca environment. And that bloodthirster also wields his axes in almost the manner as some 2-wielded axe units do in the game. Maybe its far fetched, but is it possible that we may get Chaos Deamons in Warhammer 2?

We have Chaos Undivided in the Old World...Perhaps we get Demons of Chaos for Warhammer 2 as a End-Game challenge for the grand campaign?

How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

Post edited by Lord_Henkus on

Comments

• FifthOfSpaghettiFifthOfSpaghetti Registered Users Posts: 1,630
    I have a feeling we may see them in some capacity within the vortex campaign. I doubt they'll be playable but the vortex itself seems very likely.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    Probably just Khorne Deamons as Endgame threat. Few stacks, spawned the same way Everwatcher with Archaon and their stacks appear in Old World Campaign. As for "playable" part I don't think so. Of course I'd love to have them in the game now, but they need something to sell game 3 and that's CAs way of thinking.
  • RandomTagRandomTag Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    Daemons are game 3 races.
  • Warboss2001Warboss2001 Registered Users Posts: 664
    Orcs eat potatoes
    I am the best Warboss there is WAAAGH
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,064
    You have good eye.
    I really hope a Khorne like end-game
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • corvocorvo Junior Member SpainRegistered Users Posts: 3,064
    edited July 2017
    Definetly it is a really close style art to this one.

Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • PissedOffOneEyedGuyPissedOffOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,083
    think it'll be cool if you destabilize the vortex you have to fight a Deamon army,
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Registered Users Posts: 4,384

think it'll be cool if you destabilize the vortex you have to fight a Deamon army,

Yes!
  • JecklJeckl Registered Users Posts: 376
    I think Daemons could be the 4LL dlc race CA mentioned.

It would make sense and they have ties to the vortex (certainly more then the Tomb Kings)
    Further more I consider that Morathi's Chaos Corruption must be changed.
    i just find it weird, you're messing with something the filters Chaos energy. so you'd assume if you destroy the vortex Deamons would invade
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 956
    LOL just noticed that the vampire is using kemmler's chaos tomb blade...???

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain

i just find it weird, you're messing with something the filters Chaos energy. so you'd assume if you destroy the vortex Deamons would invade

That is what happened the last time the Dark Elves messed with the vortex (during the sundering, best seen in the final book of the sundering trilogy.)

So maybe a final boss for all the different factions (slannesh for HE, Nurgle for Skaven, Khorn for DE and Tenzentch for LM)
    Jeckl said:

That is what happened the last time the Dark Elves messed with the vortex (during the sundering, best seen in the final book of the sundering trilogy.)

So maybe a final boss for all the different factions (slannesh for HE, Nurgle for Skaven, Khorn for DE and Tenzentch for LM)
    maybe, kind of like how they surprised you with Sarthorael the Ever-Watcher in the first game. Cause it'll be pretty anti climatic to disrupt the vortex and not have some epic clash with whatever comes out
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,041
    Yeah, I mean if I mess up the vortex and it doesn't cause a demonic invasion. I'll be disappointed. It better not be just a "you win!" screen lol.
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • ValeliValeli Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,964

It could be just me, but I found the artwork quite similar drawn compared to other artwork that CA has made.

I wouldn't read anything into that, as 95%+ of CA's "concept art" for this game is just a reproduction of GW's concept art/actual art. But yeah.... it wouldn't be unimaginable to have a bloodthirster pop up in WH 2, and Norsca is confirmed at this point.
  • GrimblueGrimblue Registered Users Posts: 861
    OP, your point is interesting. Appreciate it.
  • zammezamme Registered Users Posts: 220
    Nice catch. This could potentially actually be an artpiece from game 2. It would be really cool if the Vortex summoned stacks of Khorne demons if you mess it up, or as a special quest battle.

As for playability, they could be unplayable in the campaign but added to the Chaos Warriors roster in multiplayer/custom until game 3. This would be sick! All they really need is the Bloodthirster and the Bloodletters in my opinion, having the rest of the units be Chaos Warrior fillers, saving the rest of the Demon roster for the final game of the trilogy.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,004
    edited July 2017
    The Skulls for the Skull Throne discount seems to be spread across the Games Workshop licenses. So I don't think the Demons of Khorne there need to have any significance for Game 2.

That said, I do think there's a good chance that the endgame will include a battle with Chaos Demons regardless - likely a truncated list of demons that don't cost a Charlemagne to model and animate. We'll then get them properly in Game 3.

(The FLC that comes alongside the Norsca release for Chaos Warriors could be very telling. If the Chaos Warriors get Hellstriders and/or Skullcrushers, for instance, then they probably won't be far from implementing the wholly Demonic equivalents of those units.)
  • BaronKlatzBaronKlatz Registered Users Posts: 1,037
    edited July 2017
    Oh, I hate to burst your bubble, OP, but that is just cropped art from the new Khorne battletome.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vYADIDV_5Pw/WOkMgS4SXAI/AAAAAAAAD4k/cwL4TBZtSp8WDcUi3NJxNc5vM0IwxjI9wCPcB/s1600/warhammer+age+of+sigmar+blades+of+khorne+artwork+battletome+chaos+daemons+khorne+bloodbound+22.jpg

GW and CA just use the same freelance artists. Like that Bretonnia picture above, the artist also made a AoS piece of Nagash battling Archaon.

Good attention to detail all the same. You'll get your demon legions eventually. ;)
    Valeli said:

I wouldn't read anything into that, as 95%+ of CA's "concept art" for this game is just a reproduction of GW's concept art/actual art.
    Where did you get this idea from?

No of the art I have seen is anything like the old GW art
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,167
    If game 3 will have four gods of Chaos as main factions. Then I'm sure they will throw mix of mortals and Daemons,

Each (apart from Khorne) must have own lore of magic, so I think they will have own specific look for example Nurgle Chaos Warriors and Plaguebearers are gonna be in the same roster.

Unless they will make one Daemon Race which is combined.

As for game 2 maybe there is a chance for some Daemon to spawn, maybe another Greater Daemon or Prince.
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • SkarbandSkarband Member Registered Users Posts: 578

Oh, I hate to burst your bubble, OP, but that is just cropped art from the new Khorne battletome.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vYADIDV_5Pw/WOkMgS4SXAI/AAAAAAAAD4k/cwL4TBZtSp8WDcUi3NJxNc5vM0IwxjI9wCPcB/s1600/warhammer+age+of+sigmar+blades+of+khorne+artwork+battletome+chaos+daemons+khorne+bloodbound+22.jpg

GW and CA just use the same freelance artists. Like that Bretonnia picture above, the artist also made a AoS piece of Nagash battling Archaon.

Good attention to detail all the same. You'll get your demon legions eventually. ;)

So that is why both the new art from gamesworkshop and TW:W looks so similar
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 8,004

If game 3 will have four gods of Chaos as main factions. Then I'm sure they will throw mix of mortals and Daemons,

Each (apart from Khorne) must have own lore of magic, so I think they will have own specific look for example Nurgle Chaos Warriors and Plaguebearers are gonna be in the same roster.

Unless they will make one Daemon Race which is combined.

As for game 2 maybe there is a chance for some Daemon to spawn, maybe another Greater Daemon or Prince.

I think they'd pretty much have to, if they do the god armies thing. None of the gods has enough demons to fill out an army list on demons alone.

Thing is, including mortals would allow the lists to be fleshed out a bit, but they could also end up being rather similar to each other. Each god has about half a dozen demonic units, give or take, not including characters, and in the TT there aren't many options with which to stretch this out. So you'd be looking at half of the units being mortals.

And if you take 8E as your guide... the mortal followers of the various gods, with the exception of characters, aren't really all that different. You've got the Skullcrushers and Hellstriders, but apart from that you're leaning on Marks of Chaos. And while the Marks can add some good flavour to your army on the tabletop, they're not really going to change how they play on the battlefield that much. You'd basically be looking at the same unit, except swapping out one special rule for another.

What thoughts would people have for addressing this?

One idea could be to use what Games Workshop has done since in creating god-specific armies: using the Disciples of Tzeentch as the basis for a Tzeentch army, for instance. On the other hand, drawing from AoS - even something that would fit into WFB retroactively - is likely to receive a mixed reaction at best.

Any other possibilities? Or do people think that the marks and the demons would be enough to differentiate between them?
  • englisharcher89englisharcher89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 4,167
    edited July 2017
    I'm on the phone at the moment I remember 6th edition pictures showing each god with own Daemon and mortal followers loved these artworks to death. That was real Chaos to me and 6th edition books were most beautiful things ever.

Edit, back on PC:

Here it is, that's what I think it will be. Each Faction will have Mortal Lord, and Daemon Lord from the 8th edition

Post edited by englisharcher89 on
    Vampire Counts
    Tomb Kings
    The Empire

"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death." - Vlad von Carstein
  • NemoxNemox Registered Users Posts: 2,872
    CA already have stated WoC and DoC are seperate.

Ignoring the original leak, I always assumed Be'lakor would lead DoC force in an attempt to seize power against Archaon (Not the first Everchosen Be'lakor has tried to usurp.

If we go by the leak, it is possible they have moved the god themes within the faction itself rather then have 4 factions with barely any units. But it still has the issue of a Khornate DP/Greater Daemon having a limited army... but I suppose how they handle the Daemon forces could be different than the typical faction upkeep.

As for what we will see in game... I wouldn't get too excited about the artwork, as someone pointed out, using similar artists isn't unheard of for GW/Other Warhammer games. Though, I think it would be neat to see N'Kari as the final boss. That one has tried killing both Tyrion/Teclis and Malekith twice before (For Malekith once in the Realm of Chaos and outside his own fortress). Has a lot of existing lore tied to the Vortex (Lead an army of Daemons to attack Ulthuan in the first attempt on Tyrion/Telics life) and was one of the original 4 to have fought Aenarion.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,692
    I think the Vortex will spawn a single greater demon. Probably Khorne, if I remember well there was a battle at the vortex between a bloodthirster and the high elves that is iconic.

Basically the same as with the big bird.

i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Registered Users Posts: 4,384
    WoC, Beastmen and Daemons must make a unified faction called Chaos as is in tt.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,584
    Yeah I genuinely expect N'kari to appear in some form because of his relation with both elves
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,260

.... but woc beastmen and daemons are not an unified faction in tt Oo
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

obippo said:

.... but woc beastmen and daemons are not an unified faction in tt Oo
    Unless they mean 'grand alliance'? Maybe I guess