Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unlocking norsca on agust 10

Eddy_the_vEddy_the_v Registered Users Posts: 4
I pre-ordered warhammer 2 from amazon, I'm starting to regret that because I don't think amazon or sega will send me a code for norsca so I'll have to wait till warhammer 2 releases like 7 weeks later, does anyone know 100% if this is true or will they send me a code?!?

Comments

• PissedOffOneEyedGuyPissedOffOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,083

I pre-ordered warhammer 2 from amazon, I'm starting to regret that because I don't think amazon or sega will send me a code for norsca so I'll have to wait till warhammer 2 releases like 7 weeks later, does anyone know 100% if this is true or will they send me a code?!?

why not get it off of steam??
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfRegistered Users Posts: 415
    Is there a small chance the Norsca DLC is already listed as owned on your Steam account?

I pre-ordered on Bundles stars and the DLC was already in my account without me registering it.
    Doesn't matter what you say, Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • HorseDroppingsHorseDroppings Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 334

Is there a small chance the Norsca DLC is already listed as owned on your Steam account?

I pre-ordered on Bundles stars and the DLC was already in my account without me registering it.

That is probably because Warhammer 2 is already in your library right?
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,152

Which amazon? As if its a site listed on the sega partners list then you should get the code in time.
  • Defiler_of_the_NorthDefiler_of_the_North Under a bar stool in a random tavern located within AltdolfRegistered Users Posts: 415

That is probably because Warhammer 2 is already in your library right?
    Yeah, was under the impression we would be emailed the codes before the release date.
    Doesn't matter what you say, Balthasar Gelt is the best legendary lord and the lore of metal needs nerfing.

Currently suffering from a serve case of Bretonnia fever, the only cure is slaying Orks with the righteous fury of the Lady.
  • HorseDroppingsHorseDroppings Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 334
    I also ordered from bundlestars and also have it in my library. So I assume that is enough.
  • Eddy_the_vEddy_the_v Registered Users Posts: 4

why not get it off of steam??
    cause when I did I didn't know what the Dlc was, and I like to support amazon
    Petromir said:

Which amazon? As if its a site listed on the sega partners list then you should get the code in time.
    The us version amazon.com. I was under the impression that you would still receive norsca but will you receive it on agust 10th compared to September 28
  • GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 4,226
    I think they said you would get an email or something with the Norsca code if you got a physical copy
  • TheGhostOfProman16TheGhostOfProman16 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,749
    edited July 2017
    They did say Sega would send an email with a code if you ordered through a Sega approved partner
    I did mine through Steam so idk if you're supposed to get the email right away or on the 10th
    Died during the great YOYO wars
  • MemnonMemnon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 594
    i have exactly same problem.Im order on amazon.co.uk and dont have any message about norsca DLC.Ready ask on amazon -they send me message at the moment they dont know nothing about this....strange a bit...
    Hope CA soon explain this before 10 august.:)
    Who gets physical copies anymore? I also posted a question on amazon and no one replied, it's gonna suck if we have to wait for norsca
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Registered Users Posts: 1,496
    cancel your purchase and buy it from steam to be extra sure

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • FlotchFlotch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2017
    I am in the same thing : preordered a physical copy onto amazon (FR) (because I want a physical copy, that's all !! ), and I have the feeling I will have to wait a lot more than the 10th (I confirm that I did not get anything from them)... not correct ! While Amazon websites are part of the "approoved" retailers ... :/

cancel your purchase and buy it from steam to be extra sure

I tried, you can't cancel digital pre-orders, the world has a sick sense of humor, I wish someone from CA or Sega would clear things up
  • ArtenosArtenos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 20
    I have the same problem. I want to preorder the steelcase edition or limited edition from AmazonDE.

Because the page for Warhammer II doesn't say anything about the Norsca DLC I contacted the AmazonDE support and the Sega Support.

Here are the answers (I hope I can post them without doing anything wrong)

From Sega:

"Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SEGA Support.

If you’ve pre-ordered the game from one of the SEGA approved retailers (http://www.sega.com/sega-approved-partner-list) , you will receive a code emailed to you.

If you didn't receive a code for the norsca dlc on the 10th of august, we suggest to get in contact with your retailer for further help.

More info:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/6o14op/norsca_faq/?st=j5avgetc&sh=c3871afb
    "

and the one from AmazonDE (which I have to translate ):

"So he did say that they are one of the official partners that are selling the game.

Currently they are not selling the DLC Code. I do get the DLC Code via buying the game from Sega.

It is possible that the Code will be added, if so then the Warhammer II page will be updatet.

To keep up to date check the Warhammer II page.
    "

So the only thing that we can do is to hope that Amazon will add the Code.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Registered Users Posts: 4,382
    I look forward for this summer to end so I start TWW2, KUNG-FU CA, u ruined my summer holidays!
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,163

Who gets physical copies anymore? I also posted a question on amazon and no one replied, it's gonna suck if we have to wait for norsca

You can always cancel your pre-order... Amazon is good about that.
  • StephinceStephince Registered Users Posts: 2,708
    I buy physical copies because I like the metal tins the limited editions come in :)

I hope I can play Norsca early but if not it's not the end of the world. They will still be there on September the 28th and beyond.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Registered Users Posts: 4,382
    Stephince said:

I buy physical copies because I like the metal tins the limited editions come in :)

Nice!
  • FlotchFlotch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 117
    Amazon (FR) is promising to answer me within 2 days ... (the quick answer is "idk" ... awaiting the real answer in a near future :) )
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,692

(...) and I like to support amazon

A series of word I never expected to hear.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • BlingermanBlingerman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 356
    I am in the same situation amazon.es. I think I will wait till 10th. If I don´t receive the code in time I will cancel the preorder.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330

I am in the same situation amazon.es. I think I will wait till 10th. If I don´t receive the code in time I will cancel the preorder.

why not preorder from steam? Is it not the same price?

• TheHolyPilgrimTheHolyPilgrim Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 453
    bronhoms said:

Some people prefer having physical copies :)

But yes, to anybody who has ordered from a SEGA approved partner (or BundleStars), you'll get an email with the code for Norsca when Norsca is released.
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,376
    There is no email involved with Bundlestars, it works as explained on their website:

The Total War: WARHAMMER - Norsca DLC will be playable in the first game from August 10th, ahead of Total War: WARHAMMER II’s release on September 28th. Customers who already have Total War: WARHAMMER in their Steam library will receive the Total War: WARHAMMER - Norsca DLC immediately upon activation of their Total War: WARHAMMER II key.
    bronhoms said:

No, physical copy is cheaper 50€ with Amazon prime instead of 59.90 in steam.
    So physical product and cheaper >>>>> steam digital preorder
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330

bronhoms said:

Yeah ok, no shipment fees I suppose?

As long as there is no disc requirement for play, I see your point. I don't agree though. I have no need for the physical copy.. doesn't work without steam anyway does it?

bronhoms said:

bronhoms said:

As long as there is no disc requirement for play, I see your point. I don't agree though. I have no need for the physical copy.. doesn't work without steam anyway does it?
    Well If not for collection, at least is cheaper. So physical copy is much better.
  • FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,323

bronhoms said:

bronhoms said:

Well If not for collection, at least is cheaper. So physical copy is much better.
    Bundlestars was even cheaper than that, but if you like having the physical copy then that doesn't help there. I bought the first TWWH for 28% off from Greenman Gaming, but they are no longer partnered with Sega it seems.
    Later
  • ChunkychipChunkychip Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 39

bronhoms said:

bronhoms said:

Bundlestars was even cheaper than that, but if you like having the physical copy then that doesn't help there. I bought the first TWWH for 28% off from Greenman Gaming, but they are no longer partnered with Sega it seems.
    almost all base factions in Warhammer 1 feels lackluster compared to even the dlc ones. IMO not fixing some of the older factions would make the game have a very weird level of quality, 50% of all factions being top while the other 50% is lacking. just my opinion.