Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Game crash

gibo57gibo57 Posts: 30Registered Users
Hey guys,
I was having a really good syracuse campaign but then all of a sudden it crashes either at the end of Carthage's turn or just before Macedon's turn and i dont know why.
I have mods activate but i have turned off ones that i can without making it crash upon loading.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Fingolfin33Fingolfin33 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Try this its worked for me a couple times

-Go to "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Rome2"

-Then delete the Rome2 folder.

-Once removed go to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Total War Rome II\redist"

-Then open the files listed below in that order and click on repair for each one, the last one doesn't have a repair window pop up, instead you will see a small loading bar,

1-vcredist_x86-90.exe
    2-vcredist_x86-100-sp1.exe
    3-vcredist_x86-80-sp1.exe

Then just proceed to load your game and it should then go onto the main menu.

Dont know why it happens. Something to do with mods being updated, as the only times its done this to me is after i get an update to something.

Just to be safe find your save game folder and copy it for a back up FIRST before you try the above.

Lett me know how it goes.
  • gibo57gibo57 Posts: 30Registered Users
    I fixed it
    Two mods was clashing which is a pain because the game will no longer work without them
This discussion has been closed.