Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Concept of The Marks Of Chaos

2»

Comments

• Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    As though CA would even throw something nice into WoC.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Well they'll give them a biscuit in the upcoming patch.

Don't know how substantial it is though. But I'm expecting tweaks and maybe just maybe RoR?

But they seem to be dead set on game 3 Chaos content.
  • GingerRoeBroGingerRoeBro Senior Member Posts: 3,037Registered Users
    KGpoopy said:

This guy knows what's up

Badass
    Bigger Budget for game 3?

They're gonna need it for all of the monogod glory.
    Which will be the "4 distinct gods representing the different aspects of Chaos such as Khorne, Slaanesh, Tzeentch, and Nurgle." :blush: ^CA quote

Thank you CA for seeing them as what they truly are.
    Let the Games Begin!
    https://warhammerfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/The_Great_Game
  • GrimblueGrimblue Posts: 834Registered Users

There are some that don't care for details and aesthetics, so please pay this thread no mind if you don't have interest in concept and design. :smile:

If CA ever gives us the ability to mark Chosen or the Warriors of chaos there is something that always loomed in my mind on how they would do it. Rather two things: Make it a boring banner and that's it, or make a banner and re-paint according to the color rep of each chaos god.

Have any one of you seen how boring that is? You look up warriors of _insert dark god here_ and sometimes get warriors or Chosen painted Red, pink, green, or blue depending on the concept. I think CA would do a Re-skin, in which modders already do a good enough job on for free.

So here is my suggestions and request for the potential of marks of chaos. In fact, it's entirely about concept and design, and I'm pretty much anti-repaint and anti-cartoon, and I'm all for a quality re-skin.

Nurgle
    Instead of green Chosen, how about this concept?

Slaanesh
    Instead of pink Chosen......

Khorne
    Instead of red Chosen

Tzeentch
    Instead of blue Chosen

That is what marks of chaos do. It dramatically alters a person in the likeness of a particular dark god and gives them very good buffs in different ways. This may or may not require new animations, but as far as I'm concerned all I would suggest is quality. CA artists and model designers and animators have shown that they are capable of quality designs.

This is all off the possibility that CA makes the marks actually affect the unit and have the unit resemble it's mark and new combat ability. This may not be likely, but if in fact the Marks are planned, I think quality designs aught to be planned as well, instead of red or blue edgelord cartoon characters.

Thoughts?
    Love the idea, love the picture...although Tzeenth unit looks like undivided. Would love the changes, don't epxect them until maybe game 3....but all for it earlier.
  • JastallJastall Junior Member Posts: 985Registered Users
    The thing is, to do Chaos justice as many of their wants want CA to, would basically almost require 4 faction's worth of work. Because many want Lords, Heroes, Daemons, magics (well 3 schools but still), gameplay rules, and God-tailored elements like Marks and infantry models for each specific god. One faction having all this would take a disproportionate amount of work to implement. This obviously was not going to happen in Game 1.

So I think Norsca is a bit of an experiment on what sticks in terms of Chaos flavor. They have a divide between gods, but less so than what a true, fully fledged Chaos faction(s) would have, focusing more on barbarian elements. Then the actual Chaos in Game 3 can take inspiration from Norsca.

I do think Chaos needs to be properly fleshed out. But from what we've seen since the Wood Elves DLC, I think CA now understands doing every new race justice is important. All I've seen since then has been a hit in my books.
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,974Registered Users
    The WoC faction is chaos undivided. There is no earning a gods favor since archaon is already the everchosen.

If you want the four gods to be individually represented then units within the existing roster could be retitled and reskinned to reflect this.

For example

Chosen -> tzeentch
    Chosen (great weapons) -> khorne
    Chosen (halberds) -> nurgle
    Chosen (dual weapons) -> slaanesh

Or as someone mentioned earlier RoR units could also accomplish this.

I'm sure the plan was for Chaos to be the big bad in game 1. CA decided , ok we'll make them playable too(maybe because of demand). But Chaos's REAL playable state was fully intended for game 3.

So now CA is carrying this mistake with them throughout the series, but it can be relieved in game 3. Fortunately for CA and us, we've had plenty of time to give feedback, which might result in Chaos getting the last laugh when it comes to campaign mechanics or army power and roster quality.
    Grimblue said:

There are some that don't care for details and aesthetics, so please pay this thread no mind if you don't have interest in concept and design. :smile:

If CA ever gives us the ability to mark Chosen or the Warriors of chaos there is something that always loomed in my mind on how they would do it. Rather two things: Make it a boring banner and that's it, or make a banner and re-paint according to the color rep of each chaos god.

Have any one of you seen how boring that is? You look up warriors of _insert dark god here_ and sometimes get warriors or Chosen painted Red, pink, green, or blue depending on the concept. I think CA would do a Re-skin, in which modders already do a good enough job on for free.

So here is my suggestions and request for the potential of marks of chaos. In fact, it's entirely about concept and design, and I'm pretty much anti-repaint and anti-cartoon, and I'm all for a quality re-skin.

Nurgle

Slaanesh

Khorne
    Instead of red Chosen

Tzeentch
    Instead of blue Chosen

That is what marks of chaos do. It dramatically alters a person in the likeness of a particular dark god and gives them very good buffs in different ways. This may or may not require new animations, but as far as I'm concerned all I would suggest is quality. CA artists and model designers and animators have shown that they are capable of quality designs.

This is all off the possibility that CA makes the marks actually affect the unit and have the unit resemble it's mark and new combat ability. This may not be likely, but if in fact the Marks are planned, I think quality designs aught to be planned as well, instead of red or blue edgelord cartoon characters.

Thoughts?
    Love the idea, love the picture...although Tzeenth unit looks like undivided. Would love the changes, don't epxect them until maybe game 3....but all for it earlier.
    Even with the eyes, and the sinister knightly look?
    Tzeentch Chosen
    Undivided Chosen
  • Combat_WombatCombat_Wombat Posts: 4,092Registered Users
    KGpoopy said:

Grimblue said:

Nurgle

Slaanesh

Khorne
    Instead of red Chosen

Tzeentch
    Instead of blue Chosen

Thoughts?
    Even with the eyes, and the sinister knightly look?
    Tzeentch Chosen
    Undivided Chosen
    Chosen: More armor, less helmet!