Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Summary of widely accepted, asked and very often raised balance changes.

1235»

Comments

• DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,171Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    @cool_lad Warhammer tt is meant to be that way, it also has many win conditions so it's balanced due to different objectives a faction must do to achieve points for winning score. I suggest these winning objectives should be applied to TWW for declaring winner in mp battles not just having to kill all enemy forces. Like capture certain areas which give points at the end of battle, kills made analogue to models of your army etc, this way we get over the draw obstacle which atm is terrible how it happens.
    Post edited by DandalusXVII on
  • TennisgolfbollTennisgolfboll Posts: 7,924Registered Users
    Not a good list at all
    Read all my replies as if we are having a pint and a good old time. I will always read your reply like that.
  • FerrousTarkusFerrousTarkus Posts: 525Registered Users

@cool_lad Warhammer tt is meant to be that way, it also has many win conditions so it's balanced due to different objectives a faction must do to achieve points for winning score. I suggest these winning objectives should be applied to TWW for declaring winner in mp battles not just having to kill all enemy forces. Like capture certain areas which give points at the end of battle, kills made analogue to models of your army etc, this way we get over the draw obstacle which atm is terrible how it happens.

I did note at the bottom the very common request for a mechanic to counter draw kiting, to me this falls into the same category.

Not a good list at all

Your abysmal input will be duly ignored. Feel free to elaborate if you have arguments.
  • DandalusXVIIDandalusXVII Posts: 4,171Registered Users
    @FerrousTarkus Well said & agree in general.
  • Lord_NathanaelLord_Nathanael Posts: 1,496Registered Users
    you should add buff to luminark of hysh (regular and RoR if net gets nerfed)

reasons stated on the empire balance thread in detail

feel free to point out my errors, I'd like to improve my english
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 21,344Registered Users
    edited August 2017

The Luminark is strong enough as it is, thank you. What it needs is to stop randomly bugging out and not fire.

• SeldkamSeldkam Senior Member Posts: 4,336Registered Users
    Only bad thing about luminark is the price (and bugs) I really don't think any tournament player would pick that thing, not would I if I really wanted to win
    The inferior races of this world will be crushed one by one, as our armies move from shore to shore, and hill to hill, and city to city-- and each of their cries will be as music to our ears, for we are the Druchii.
  • RiggsenRiggsen Member Posts: 2,598Registered Users
    Migsa took a luminark once in a tourney and sniped the everloving crap out of my VC lord and heroes. Yet I can't remember having lost another game where someone brought one. Its very map dependent in that even the slightest bump in the terrain can screw its targetting. And then even if you're firing on the flat there seems to be a bunch of other RNG at work. They're generallt terrible, but not sure how they could be buffed without them being crazy OP.
    "CA WHY U NU UNPOOP GAME" (Dank TW meme of 2011)
  • eumaieseumaies Senior Member Posts: 4,534Registered Users
    Riggsen said:

Migsa took a luminark once in a tourney and sniped the everloving crap out of my VC lord and heroes. Yet I can't remember having lost another game where someone brought one. Its very map dependent in that even the slightest bump in the terrain can screw its targetting. And then even if you're firing on the flat there seems to be a bunch of other RNG at work. They're generallt terrible, but not sure how they could be buffed without them being crazy OP.

Agree. They serve their function as a mini-maxi pick. the one with the net doubles as a mage and is just affordable enough that you won't always lose if you take it and build a creative army around it.
  • LordKaterchenLordKaterchen Posts: 62Registered Users
    I agree with most everything on this list. Very much want to keep this thread alive. I hope Norsca patcn solves most of the issues so we can shorten the list by quite a bit :)
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Posts: 823Registered Users

I agree with most everything on this list. Very much want to keep this thread alive. I hope Norsca patcn solves most of the issues so we can shorten the list by quite a bit :)

You sweet summer child.
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • Wing ZeroWing Zero Junior Member Posts: 823Registered Users

The Luminark is strong enough as it is, thank you. What it needs is to stop randomly bugging out and not fire.
    Its the same issue with dwarf engineer, its the same line of sight issue.
    ''The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious into the direct, and misfortune into gain.
    -Sun Tzu

"Tolerance, Diversity, Strength"
    - Seleucid

Team Chaos Dwarf
  • FerrousTarkusFerrousTarkus Posts: 525Registered Users
    edited August 2017
    I need to add a couple of things that you guys are totally right about. Luminark and with hunter LOS issues come to mind.

But I will make a new thread once tomorrow patch hit the deck. Some of the asked buff/nerf/price adjustment have been answered so there is stuff that need to be removed as well; notably the minos price decrease and the crypt horror price increase. But yeah there are hidden changes and what not sooooo...

One thing that I will add is decent, unfragmented patch notes. :neutral:
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Posts: 3,373Registered Users

I need to add a couple of things that you guys are totally right about. Luminark and with hunter LOS issues come to mind.

But I will make a new thread once tomorrow patch hit the deck. Some of the asked buff/nerf/price adjustment have been answered so there is stuff that need to be removed as well; notably the minos price decrease and the crypt horror price increase. But yeah there are hidden changes and what not sooooo...

One thing that I will add is decent, unfragmented patch notes. :neutral:

duck said the ones mentioned in patches are inteneded changes,so everything else we can assume is database error

Balance Is A Lie