Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Empire of Man (Campaign Update Ideas)

ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,487Registered Users
edited July 2017 in General Discussion
Introduction

I loved the Empire Campaign. And it's my favorite faction. But as the series goes on, I personally wish that they get a good update and a bringing up to heights with the rest of the newer additions of races. Not a rework like Chaos needs, but a bit of attention when it comes to maybe sub-factions and Legendary lords, and even Heroes. I would even suggest some new mechanics, but I couldn't come up with something that wouldn't compromise other races, or be too complex for a Warhammer game. So here is some thoughts.

The Suggestions

New Legendary Lord= Valten, Herald of Sigmar. Starting location/faction is Middenland.
Valten was put lord over Middeland while Boris went on a personal hunt for Khazrack One eye. This is also an excuse to have Valten be faction leader or a lord in his own right at least :smile: .
Playable Boris Todbringer, Elector of Middenheim for Middenland.
nuff said
Cult of Ulric. Unique buildings exclusive to Middenheim. Recruit Knights of the White Wolf.( Knights of the White Wolf-- Warrior Priest of Ulric--Teutogen Guard--Unique Steamtank)

Kislev. Katarin the Ice Queen. Exclusive units to capital city of Kislev. (Special building chain)
Kossar
Streltsi
Ungol Horse Archers
Winged Lancers
Gryphon Legion
Boyar
ok ok ...and ....Bear Calvary

Gift/demand settlements from Human factions. (Bretonnia and Empire)
Could be two new diplomatic options, or a post siege option, and an extra option before the siege for demanding.

All right, that's it. I hope you, Creative Assembly devs, find this convincing enough to do at some point. :smile:
And the community, what are your thoughts?
Post edited by ChaosDragonBorn on
Tagged:

Comments

• lucibuislucibuis Posts: 2,495Registered Users
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    Simply adding more units and legendary lords won't fix anything for Empire. It needs truly unique campaign mechanics, now that its council's been nicked by the Wood Elves. Not that it was any good, anyway.

Empire should have a unique diplomacy system for interactions with the provinces and some means of enforcing their will.

It could also use something tied with religious fervor and purity to bring campaign and battle bonuses, possibly represented as a scale. After seeing Norsca gameplay, I'd love some kind of "witch hunt" events that would affect said scale and maybe make Witch Hunters worth a damn.

That said, I'm still waiting patiently for ogre mercenaries.

Btw, why is there Kislev in your post?
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,487Registered Users
    I think Gifting/Demanding settlements offers a dynamic of "enforcing their will" with unique diplomacy options. But just saying "give us unique diplomacy options" won't work. More specifically I think Gift/demand settlements would add that element of Imperial authority over the human nations. Could be two new diplomatic options, or a post siege option, and an extra option before the siege for demanding.

The Council mechanic is a good mechanic because it gives your lords extra traits for somewhat powerful boosts and stats.

I was thinking of the same mechanic of religious fervor and bonuses, but as I said in the OP, I didn't want to compromise other race's for their mechanics, but it's not like it's a big deal, except it's the whole point of each race being very different to play! lol But how many more races are going to have this religious scale element to their campaign? I already have that fully established as a Chaos campaign suggestion too. Also the witch hunts, again, I would not mind this, but Norsca is known for hunting and taming monsters and beasts, it's not like the Empire tames vampires and chaos monster to fight for them.

I approve of Ogre Mercenaries though. But honestly I approve more so on Knights of the White Wolf. Or perhaps other knightly orders with unique building chains at their respective capital.
  • RichardNRoundRichardNRound Posts: 716Registered Users
    New faction: middenland as Boris is the only elector count I can see declaring himself emperor in the offices, and maybe by doing this you declare war on the empire. With middenland you also have the Ar-Ulric and other middenland troops, knights panther with no sigmarite troops, reikland troops or knights of the blazing sun.

Then new mechanics:
    A proper official implemtation of the legitimacy mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904577954&searchtext=+legitimacy

And the building the empire mod:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=831679533&searchtext=Build+an+empire

Another mechanic relating to religious activities and rivalries in the empire.
  • ChaosDragonBornChaosDragonBorn Posts: 1,487Registered Users
    Good ideas.
    For those who don't feel like going on the mod pages here's a brief explanation of the mods.

--Legitimacy - a New Mechanic for the Empire
    This is represented in this mod by a new resource, legitimacy, which functions like a hybrid between the dwarven Grudge system and the Bretonnian Chivalry system. Being a good Emperor will increase your legitimacy score, which in turn offers an array of bonuses.

--Building the Empire
    This mod seeks to remedy that. It brings things like roads, supply depots, industrial and agricultural buildings just to make your empire seem more like an actual empire, and not Money Provinces and Army Recruitment Provinces.

I have not tried these mods out yet, thanks for posting them. I hope CA considers something similar.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Posts: 819Registered Users
    That legitimacy mod sounds really great. I hope CA will make something like that in the 10th august update (even if I don't think so).

One or two starting positions, with new units (middenland and boris especially) would be a great point too to improve the empire and help it against the new threat, Norsca.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • stuboy52stuboy52 Junior Member Posts: 82Registered Users
    It would be nice to make the empire more like the Holy roman empire in practise.

- All electors have defensive alliance against outside attackers with the emperor, though emperor can refuse their call at cost of legimacy and opinion.
    - There should be an ability to properly liberate regions to rightful electors, resulting in legitimacy and opinion.
    - If an electors opinion is high enough you gain a trading bonus with them and you gain access to their unique units or resources (eg hochland improves hand guns and crossbows, Averland = Halberdiers) and can even force their armies to follow yours.
    - There should also be focus on the empire/dwarf alliance, hence you can liberate karaks for a worldwide dwarf opinion buff.
    - Dwarf opinion maybe makes gunpowder units cheaper and more effective, maybe even gain a few allied dwarf units which spawn at capital at the cost of opinion.
    - Final similar mechanics with brets and kislev like dwarfs, focus on opinion building, while legitmacy only impacts empire factions.
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Posts: 775Registered Users

The Council mechanic is a good mechanic because it gives your lords extra traits for somewhat powerful boosts and stats.

It is not a good mechanic. The Wood Elves have it better because it at least gives them more gameplay options (the wild hunt, trading). The Empire offices are "fire-and-forget", and all you get in return is some numbers.

Also the witch hunts, again, I would not mind this, but Norsca is known for hunting and taming monsters and beasts, it's not like the Empire tames vampires and chaos monster to fight for them.

Haha, I never said anything about taming vampires. Destroying them and reaping rewards will do.
  • KGpoopyKGpoopy Posts: 2,009Registered Users
    An influence system where I can kick Karl Franz off the throne, and install the madman Marius Leitdorf.
    Look at him.

Also with all those units, Kislev mind as well be separate as an Empire subfaction as it is in game. So they can have units completely there own.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Posts: 10,185Registered Users
    KGpoopy said:

An influence system where I can kick Karl Franz off the throne, and install the madman Marius Leitdorf.
    Look at him.

Also with all those units, Kislev mind as well be separate as an Empire subfaction as it is in game. So they can have units completely there own.

OK... we need some guys to keep that guy in check...

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD! Clan Gunnisson! Karak Eight Peaks! JOSEF BUGMAN!"

CA hates the Empire confirmed. The FLC LL for the new Lord Pack is Gor-Rok. Meaning the Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. And no, moving Balthasar Gelt from Reikland, where he should be, DOES NOT COUNT. If they wanted a LL in the Southern Empire: Marius Leitdorf of Averland or maybe Elspeth von Draken in Nuln...

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him?

GHAL MARAZ IS THE WEAPON OF THE SETTING! YET SOME BRETONNIAN SWORD IS MORE POTENT?! BUFF GHAL MARAZ IN SIGMAR'S NAME!
  • bellyboybellyboy Posts: 144Registered Users
    edited July 2017
    I'm just happy to see the two new Norsca factions must destroy each other in addition to Brets and Empire. This makes the Empire campaign more manageable even if they receive no additional benefits.

edit: As per the victory conditions in the campaign video recently released. Though, perhaps I mis-saw this detail.

edit #2: yeah, I think I just made all that up because Throgg was at war with Wulfrik in the video, but now I don't think there is any official victory condition for it. Never mind.
    Post edited by bellyboy on
    I would like this unit.

Empire War Wagon: Extremely heavy version of a chariot, a mobile armored battle tower with a crew of six warriors, pulled by two sturdy warhorses. The high walls of the tower protects the crew from arrows and attacks from the ground.

And political mechanics that effect the campaign like in Rome 2 and Atilla.
  • Overlord87Overlord87 Posts: 827Registered Users
    I don't understand why you put Valten in Middenland, but apart from that, I agree.

I tried the Legitimacy mod, but it just doesn't cut It. It was particularly funny that my Elector counts asked me to declare war on the vampires. And that I did, because I was a good Emperor. Then each of them signed a peace deal with the vampires, even allowing them free passage on their lands to reach me. When I asked them to rejoin war, they ignored me, despite having very high legitimacy. I didn't feel like an Emperor, I felt like a petitioner.

So I like Legitimacy in concept, but It must also become Influence in some way. If I'm the Emperor, I should be able to invest my Legitimacy to order people around. Do it too much, maybe the Elector Counts choose another Emperor, and you need to bring them down with military strength.
    edited August 2017

I don't understand why you put Valten in Middenland, but apart from that, I agree.

I tried the Legitimacy mod, but it just doesn't cut It. It was particularly funny that my Elector counts asked me to declare war on the vampires. And that I did, because I was a good Emperor. Then each of them signed a peace deal with the vampires, even allowing them free passage on their lands to reach me. When I asked them to rejoin war, they ignored me, despite having very high legitimacy. I didn't feel like an Emperor, I felt like a petitioner.

So I like Legitimacy in concept, but It must also become Influence in some way. If I'm the Emperor, I should be able to invest my Legitimacy to order people around. Do it too much, maybe the Elector Counts choose another Emperor, and you need to bring them down with military strength.

I think that is End times lore, where Todbringer puts Valten in charge, and ignores Karl Franz's call to fight, so he can go after Beastmen.

Atilla has a mod that add region trading and gifting now too.

[MAGA] Region Trading - Alpha (v0.1.1)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1082974790