Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will the FLC update include faction overhaulls?

BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 191
I was speculating that the big FLC update to accompany Norsca might be slight reworks for the starting factions. more so maybe Empire and Chaos Warriors as they seem the most Vanilla of them all even though I don't mind this as Warriors or Chaos are my favorite faction at the moment but considering that Norsca will have ways to appease the 4 chaos gods and gain buffs because of it this sounds like something Warriors of Chaos should also have or at least their own version of it.

Also looking at the tech tree for lords for Norsca that again seems like it could suit the chaos lords so say they have an undivided tree or one of the 4 god trees which give the same benefits as the Norscan thralls get e.g. Poison and Regen if you worship nurgle or magical damage and a bound fireball spell with tzeench etc.

What do you guys think?

Even if Warriors of Chaos don't get this I think they will still remain one of my favorites as I really like horde factions and I like how they are a powerhouse that doesn't have to engage in battles so often (talking about Beastmen fightnises) and I even like that you can't keep the hordes too close with them as I think it fits their lore.

In a nutshell I was curious if anyone else was thinking there might be some mechanic updates. And if not how will people feel about it? I think I will be ok maybe a little disappointing not sure as I really like WoC as they are atm lol #torn

Comments

• PrayPray Registered Users Posts: 1,532
    Keep calm and wait for patch note o:)
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,232
    BoldElf said:

I was speculating that the big FLC update to accompany Norsca might be slight reworks for the starting factions. more so maybe Empire and Chaos Warriors as they seem the most Vanilla of them all even though I don't mind this as Warriors or Chaos are my favorite faction at the moment but considering that Norsca will have ways to appease the 4 chaos gods and gain buffs because of it this sounds like something Warriors of Chaos should also have or at least their own version of it.

Also looking at the tech tree for lords for Norsca that again seems like it could suit the chaos lords so say they have an undivided tree or one of the 4 god trees which give the same benefits as the Norscan thralls get e.g. Poison and Regen if you worship nurgle or magical damage and a bound fireball spell with tzeench etc.

What do you guys think?

Even if Warriors of Chaos don't get this I think they will still remain one of my favorites as I really like horde factions and I like how they are a powerhouse that doesn't have to engage in battles so often (talking about Beastmen fightnises) and I even like that you can't keep the hordes too close with them as I think it fits their lore.

In a nutshell I was curious if anyone else was thinking there might be some mechanic updates. And if not how will people feel about it? I think I will be ok maybe a little disappointing not sure as I really like WoC as they are atm lol #torn

The warriors of chaos are Chaos undivided they serve all Gods, if you give them the option to recruit specific Chosen it would be okay, but soon after putting this in the WoC will become warriors of Khorne,Nurgle etc which destroys the whole point of the faction, cause most people just want to serve a specific God.

But yes Marks of specific gods or buffs would be cool.
  • IcestrugleIcestrugle Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,257
    Probably next week we will get info on the FLC update that is coming along Norsca.
  • BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 191

BoldElf said:

What do you guys think?

The warriors of chaos are Chaos undivided they serve all Gods, if you give them the option to recruit specific Chosen it would be okay, but soon after putting this in the WoC will become warriors of Khorne,Nurgle etc which destroys the whole point of the faction, cause most people just want to serve a specific God.

But yes Marks of specific gods or buffs would be cool.
    I did mention that in my post you should still be able to be undivided but I found that the table top version of Chaos warriors did have some god aligned units etc tbh I thought these were related to the Daemons of Chaos faction but it seems they are included in their roster so would be nice to be able to choose at least for your lords etc obviously Archeon is purely undivided though. but tbh I like Warriors of Chaos as they are so maybe some god aligned units like Khorne berserkers but not changing their mechanics to have the totems like norsca I dunno but hopefully we get patch notes soon to find out :)
  • BoldElfBoldElf Registered Users Posts: 191
    Pray said:

Keep calm and wait for patch note o:)

I am always calm :P CA haven't let me down yet so no reason to think they will I'm just excited lol