Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Mods Not Updating

BrunDeignBrunDeign Posts: 6Registered Users
Alright so last night (and this early morning) I was playing Total War: WH just fine - Norsca was installed (although by my point in the campaign I had crushed just about everything north of Sylvania as the Von Carstein couple), my mods were working, the whole nine yards.

I pull up my game today to get some more campaigning in, and what do I find? All of a sudden roughly five or so of my mods are "outdated" with the big ol' yellow triangle plastered over them. That in and of itself wouldn't be too huge of an issue but, while they were updating, a few crucial ones (Like the Glory Mod for the Vampires) were stuck at what amounted to 99%, the red bar filling completely but not going away and the launcher still saying "Your mods are updating" or whatever. So I restart the client a few times - nothing.

Finally I decide to just do a straight wipe, deleting all of my mods and redownloading them. Much to my chagrin, however, the mods that were giving me guff before were still giving me guff now! Is there something I'm missing here?

Comments

• jake0843jake0843 Posts: 2Registered Users
    Totally the same thing happening to me! Haven't been able to find a fix as of yet -.-
  • BrunDeignBrunDeign Posts: 6Registered Users
    jake0843 said:

Totally the same thing happening to me! Haven't been able to find a fix as of yet -.-

I'm seeing some mentions of a hotfix they put out that actually did some bad along with some good - perhaps that's the culprit?
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Posts: 159Registered Users
    Same issue with me, guess we have to wait a day or to and find out if that helps?
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 31,085Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    BrunDeign said:

jake0843 said:

I'm seeing some mentions of a hotfix they put out that actually did some bad along with some good - perhaps that's the culprit?
    Regarding the hotfix, it seems there may be another one soonish https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/comment/1865588/#Comment_1865588 that might address the OP's issue as well.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • jake0843jake0843 Posts: 2Registered Users
    I have just had a look and it looks like it will be a case of CA having to release another hotfix to sort out the issue's created from their previous one, but if anybody finds a fix in the mean time (including myself) should post it here as we can't be the only guys affected.
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Posts: 12Registered Users
    I'm getting this problem too - and the mods it affects is increasing with each passing hour, it's insane. Originally it was just mods that needed an update but now it's mods that haven't been updated in several months (and still worked to begin with, no update needed). The more I tried to get it to work, the worse it got as well, to the point where some mods wouldn't even try to download and just stayed at 0%. I'm just going to hold out until Monday, no fixes seem to be working.
    Team Lizardmen
  • BrunDeignBrunDeign Posts: 6Registered Users
    Yeah as Billy pointed out it appears they're going to release another hotfix soon since the first one goofed things up a bit. An unfortunate trip up during the launch of what seems to be a pretty darn good piece of DLC.