Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Wrath Of The Khans Total War

trentismaximustrentismaximus Posts: 12Registered Users

Such a interesting time period The khans are not just Genghis there are so many brilliant Mongol leaders as they were picked by their Skills in War and not by heritage , 1200 AD we are told by the most important persian chronicler of the middle ages : The Khwarezm shah Tekish laid on his death bed told his son Muhammad "regardless of how vulnerable the Qara Khitai look or how much trouble they cause you leave the Qara Khitai alone because they are a wall behind which lay terrible foes " and he was not lying because when his son Muhammad ignored his advice and under cutted the Qara Khitai he brought down that barrier he brought down that wall , and the people that burst through this geopolitical estuary into the classical world from the separate galaxy that is the east the Mongols brought with them Military sophistication that was at a higher level than the classical world had . Genghis khan and his mongols tore through the khwarezm shah like a hot knife through butter , killing millions of people , destroying incredibly beautiful and large cities and inflicting pain and suffering on a terrible scale . Genghas Kahn and the Mongols were compared to the devils spawn , Gengas Kahn started to even call himself that , this was terrible for Islam they had enemies the Crusaders hitting them in the rear , The christian Crusaders herd that the Muslims had a new foe they the Crusaders thought this was terrific news maybe this army to the far far east are also a christian Army but even they were to soon to feel the wrath of the Khans , one story ive been told is that the russians after losing the battle of the Kalka River the Mongols stack 10,000 Russian soldiers alive like bricks in a stack and on this stack the Mongols build a wooden floor on top of them and than pull up tables and chairs on top of this floor begin to have lunch serve drinks and enjoy them selves as the Russians underneath can be felt and heard being suffocated and crushed to death .

There so many different factions the time period involves factions as far West as Britain and as far East as China its also the beginning of gunpowder weapons and i think its a time period that would be a great fit for the Total War series .

Comments

• DariosDarios Senior Member Posts: 249Registered Users

There so many different factions the time period involves factions as far West as Britain and as far East as China its also the beginning of gunpowder weapons and i think its a time period that would be a great fit for the Total War series .

The Mongols are one of the most fascinating empires in history and IMO would make for a great stand-alone Total War game. However, I don't really get why a campaign centered around the Mongol Empire would need to extend all the way to Britain, besides being a marketing ploy to appeal to the western audience - making the point of a Mongol-centered game moot to begin with.

I personally would love to see CA begin making Total War scenarios beyond the "comfortable" confines of Western Europe.
  • trentismaximustrentismaximus Posts: 12Registered Users
    ide love to see a mega total war that gos from 270 BC to 1840 AD so you could be the romans and conquer america
  • trentismaximustrentismaximus Posts: 12Registered Users
    Darios said:

The Mongols are one of the most fascinating empires in history and IMO would make for a great stand-alone Total War game. However, I don't really get why a campaign centered around the Mongol Empire would need to extend all the way to Britain, besides being a marketing ploy to appeal to the western audience - making the point of a Mongol-centered game moot to begin with.

I personally would love to see CA begin making Total War scenarios beyond the "comfortable" confines of Western Europe.
    i think england would have to be in Wrath of the Khans total war because its during the time period of the 3rd 4th and 5th crusades