Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Great Guard : 442 kills

KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior MemberPosts: 692Registered Users
beat that! 2011061200001.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Post edited by KatsumotoGK on

Comments

• astiasti Junior Member Posts: 14Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    ultra unit size!!
  • KatsumotoGKKatsumotoGK Senior Member Posts: 692Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    5.525 kill death ratio !
  • icamefromouterspaceicamefromouterspace Senior Member Posts: 661Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    btw, the kill counts on the post stats screen.. unfortunately.. aren't completely accurate. it seems to add extra kills (i guess it does this because there isn't a phase in mp where you get to chase down all the routing units). You should review the replay and see how many kills your GG really got (which I'm sure is still very high though)
  • blentablenta Banned Posts: 530Banned Users
    edited June 2011
    You do know there is a thread for this ? and btw a bow monks unit that does 400+ kills and loses 0 men is 400+ kill ratio...
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/18625-what-s-your-highest-unit-kills-using-a-single-unit
    My YouTube battle replay channel with comments >
    http://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof?feature=mhum
    With Total war since original Shogun, made my life better!
    .....''Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.''
    Plato, Ancient Greek Philosopher, 428 BC-348 BC
  • CinnamonCinnamon Member Posts: 49Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    Untitled-4.png

Got a few more with my great guard, 496, on the normal (large) unit size. Turns out that forests are not that great a defence against heavy cavalry without spear support. :(
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Posts: 1,693Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    this post = why GG should get just a bit nerfed
    Make a Medieval 3!
    More units.
    More interested in European history.
    Different cultures.
    More factions.
    Not that many gun powder troops, it's not a new Empire I want.
  • Magic MerceMagic Merce Member Posts: 39Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    blenta wrote: »
    You do know there is a thread for this ? and btw a bow monks unit that does 400+ kills and loses 0 men is 400+ kill ratio...

A unit that has at least one kill and no deaths has an K/D ratio of ∞...
  • HonoriusHonorius Senior Member Posts: 1,040Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    need to see replay, i can have a friend lay down bow monks and have my gg get 900 kills in a battle and the screenshot would not show any of that. also, it could be routing units, and ultra unit size. too many variables.
  • Hidden GunmanHidden Gunman Moderator Posts: 4,606Moderators
    edited June 2011
    Actually, I scored 453 kills with a kat sam vet yesterday. Once I sort out my upload issues, I'll post the screenie.

High kills is no reason why a unit should be nerfed...it's no indication of a unit being inherently imbalanced.
    Yes, it's me.

Gungho |Takeda| Yamagato Masakage

You have spoken with clarity of thought and rhetorical flourish...you have surely earned the favour of the mods.

If you didn't, click here...
  • DerpusDerpus Senior Member Posts: 206Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    Secuter wrote: »
    this post = why GG should get just a bit nerfed

Why? Even my vetted spear Ashigaru unit destroys a vetted Great Gaurd in a matter of minutes.
  • pigspigs76pigspigs76 Senior Member Posts: 189Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    I don't intend on upstaging you but...

Nina.jpg

I think I beat you twice in one game with only large unit sizes with practically no chasing down of routing units... Still anything above 300 is impressive.
    edited June 2011
    pigspigs76 wrote: »
    I don't intend on upstaging you but...

Nina.jpg

I think I beat you twice in one game with only large unit sizes with practically no chasing down of routing units... Still anything above 300 is impressive.

Heh, awesome. A good blowing up then stealth+charge is so underestimated. I'm actually glad most people decide not to use Ninja.
  • AnjinSanAnjinSan Senior Member Posts: 471Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    GG should be strong, its why they have their own retainer. If they did nerf them nobody would use them because a veteran yari cav + open retainer space would be way better to have.
  • Chris lolChris lol Senior Member Posts: 1,436Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    Ultra unit size. Should not compare his score to that of regular unit size. Anyway to quote myself in an old thread about just this:
    Chris lol wrote: »
    edited June 2011
    Ultra unit size. Should not compare his score to that of regular unit size. Anyway to quote myself in an old thread about just this:

That's impressive, but it's generally easier to keep a ranged unit without casualties compared to a melee unit.
    edited June 2011
    Derpus wrote: »
    That's impressive, but it's generally easier to keep a ranged unit without casualties compared to a melee unit.

And this is why the ROI is actually more important than total kills... Bang for your buck ^^ koku for more koku lol
    edited June 2011
    I agree: wish that it would display koku worth of kills rather than killcount itself
    edited June 2011
    I agree: wish that it would display koku worth of kills rather than killcount itself

I wish I was on the game development team... I could literally write a book on game improvements for Shogun 2 atleast half of which should be no brainers...
  • Ares1214Ares1214 Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited June 2011

Your names are so cheesy...and uncreative.
    edited June 2011
    Ares1214 wrote: »
    Your names are so cheesy...and uncreative.

Those are from 2 months ago, you know fully well i have new ones already :p My avatar is still named randuin instead of captain butthole. That alone should give you of all people an idea of how long ago that was taken.

But you should not be talking about that... You are the one naming great guard light cav and your archers yari ashigaru. Trololololol.

I have a unit named elephant canons but it doesnt seem people fall for that either xD
  • andferpaandferpa Senior Member Posts: 2,520Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    People are still not scared of my ostrich division of katana cav, is that not threatening or something? :P
    Andokides
    All war is based on deception.
    Sun Tzu
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles.
    Sun Tzu
    A leader is a dealer in hope.
    Napoleon Bonaparte
    Heaven cannot brook two suns, nor earth two masters.
    Alexander the Great
    All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players.
    William Shakespeare.
  • Ares1214Ares1214 Member Posts: 65Registered Users
    edited June 2011
    Those are from 2 months ago, you know fully well i have new ones already :p My avatar is still named randuin instead of captain butthole. That alone should give you of all people an idea of how long ago that was taken.

But you should not be talking about that... You are the one naming great guard light cav and your archers yari ashigaru. Trololololol.

I have a unit named elephant canons but it doesnt seem people fall for that either xD

Heavenly Arrows, ha, death from above was better. Oh well, noob player=noob naming scheme.