Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Althel Loren mistakes that need to be corrected Game I & Future Mega Map

Nihil515Nihil515 Registered Users Posts: 222
Hi. This is my first post. I don't know if I should present or whatever.

Well , there are a couple of things that should be corrected in game I and shouldn't happen again in the megamap:

1. When you take Althen Loren and destroy the Tree:

a. The forest should stop making attrition to the people: is supossed that is the magical three who gives power to the whole forest.
b. Nothing special happens, at least there should be some kind of text.
c. I think that it would be great if there appears a army of threes with chaotic influence (and really agressive actitude= when the Magical Three is destroyed.
d. Drycha could be implemented in this way as is a character that goes with chaos during the End of Times.

I think this things are easy to implement in the game and I don't understand why It has not been done yet.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• lucibuis#6195lucibuis#6195 Registered Users Posts: 7,168
    No drycha doesn't go with chaos, and the oak of ages is the life line if the whole not just athel Loren. Athel Loren is an enchanted forest notwithstanding the oak
    Ariel only, no fads allowed.

• SnapperaSnappera Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,274
    Oooh yeah that is a cool idea.

My friend who plays Wood Elves against me (Chaos) would be extra sad when I win. I like it!
    New Culture Pack - Total War Forums

Eternal Virginity: -2 provincial growth rate
    DLC Rage: 2x discontent from taxes
    Failing GPUs: -10% to units sizes
    Inaccurate Historical Knowledge: Can recruit units from nearby factions
    Older Demographic: +25% Research Rate
  • Jam#4399Jam#4399 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,068
    edited August 2017
    So 2 Forest Spirit LL and only 1 Elf LL for Wood Elves?
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,197
    Burning the oak of ages ranks right up there with razing Altdorf or reclaiming Drakenhoff it should be an ingame event that is a big deal not just another meh click.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 631
    I would like to see rogue armies representing adventurers/looters/loggers stumbling into Athel Loren on the campaign map that you have to defend the forest against, as well as a heightened Beastmen rivalry, so WElves can almost truly be isolationist and have their own private war going on as in the lore.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,826
    GunKing said:

I would like to see rogue armies representing adventurers/looters/loggers stumbling into Athel Loren on the campaign map that you have to defend the forest against, as well as a heightened Beastmen rivalry, so WElves can almost truly be isolationist and have their own private war going on as in the lore.

What's being isolationist and have mini games inside the campaign got to do with a TW though?

What you want is something outside this franchise.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 631

GunKing said:

What's being isolationist and have mini games inside the campaign got to do with a TW though?

What you want is something outside this franchise.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Didn't know an increased focus on fighting Beastmen and randoms on your own turf was a minigame. Obviously a complete isolationist approach is ill suited for TW gameplay, but it could be adapted/acknowledged in-game better, maybe you get Amber for throwing off a real nasty Beastmen invasion and so the need to expand outside your borders is more optional.
  • Valkaar#2507Valkaar#2507 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,753
    edited August 2017
    CnConrad said:

Burning the oak of ages ranks right up there with razing Altdorf or reclaiming Drakenhoff it should be an ingame event that is a big deal not just another meh click.

In general I agree, but whatever they do, they should have the event that is only tied into the player razing/occupying these places.

I don't want my in game events box to get spammed every time the Beastmen raze the Oak whimsically, only to have the Wood Elves reclaim it in 5 turns, and the Beastmen themselves wiped out in 10.
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 775
    CnConrad said:

What "ingame event"? I reclaimed Drakenhof last night and nothing really happened.
  • Krunch#7448Krunch#7448 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,478
    I would really love to see events fire when certain major milestones happen. Just fun little flavorful events to give a little sign of what is going on and to make things that you do feel more important. Such events would be stuff like High Elves taking Naggarond, Dark Elves taking Lothern, Oak of Ages being burned, Drakhenoff being reclaimed by the Empire factions, Karak Eight Peaks being reclaimed or Karaz-A Karak being destroyed. Events that fire off when stuff like that happens would be so cool and really make things feel a bit more alive.
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    It is pretty insane (to me) that seeing key features (such as Oak) and Legendary Lords destroyed / removed as these figures had actually been fighting here and there throughout the lore for a long long time.

On the contrary, there should be mechanisms for defeated legendary lords to re-born from their traditional area of influence.

It is equally the same for WORLD ROOTS.
  • Horus38#7265Horus38#7265 Registered Users Posts: 937
    Meh, the Oak of Ages is separate from the forests of Athel Loren, so I wouldn't say the attrition stops.

CA also stated that the Oak occasionally needs to be burned down to cleanse itself and be rejuvenated. This was in response to some people losing their minds that another wood elf faction who destroy the tree in the mini-campaign. So by extension razing the Oak does not actually "destroy" it per se.