Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Dark Elves Campaign Let's Play

CA_TomCA_Tom Registered Users, Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Posts: 3
edited September 2017 in General Discussion
It’s time for a Dark Elves campaign video – and Malekith has a score to settle...

Click here to see him begin his journey to the coast of Ulthuan:

Are you ready to find out what the Dark Elves have in store?
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    CA_Tom said:

Are you ready to find out what the Dark Elves have in store?

quite ready - wanna find out about that corruption and black arc abilities

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• Lord_HenkusLord_Henkus Registered Users Posts: 1,752
    edited August 2017
    So it beginss

WOW SLAVE SYSTEM!!11!!
    How negative I may sound, game is stil 11 out of 10

Also, please slow down combat!

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,690
    edited August 2017
    "so let's end them swiftly!"
    *throws Pommel*
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • nsnydernsnyder Registered Users Posts: 7
    I am so exited!! I have to wait for my lunch break to watch this!! ARGHGH!!!!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    edited August 2017
    Wow the re-vamped slave mechanic is amazing.

I NEVER EVER took slaves in previous TWs because of how they spread evenly across your empire even to border towns and new conquests with low public order. The ability to direct them is exactly what was needed to make this a worthwhile mechanic.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Nyanko73Nyanko73 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,351
    Wasn't is said somewhere that black arks can transport lords? Maybe I was mistaken. So in fact, they are just sea hordes.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • thegrandfromagethegrandfromage Registered Users Posts: 197
    Decent battle with high elves and what looks too be high tier dragon! Looking forward to it !
    cpu-6700k 4.2ghz
    gpu-evga 1080ti
    ram-hyper fury 16gb
    ssd samsung 250g
  • rhinoinsomniacrhinoinsomniac Member Registered Users Posts: 951
    that's a great video. it shows how much thought has been put into solving some of the classic problems of total war endgame.

we can lose so there's actually some kind of objective to achieve instead of just painting the map

the rituals force the player to focus also on their homeland and defend it.
    in my late games - all the territory securely within my borders is only for recruitment and continued economic support. in other words - it has become rather boring to me. these rituals seem like they should spice things up

i like the name mechanic for Delf characters as well. feels like a bit of character customization beyond just abilities.
    the slaves mechanic looks to have been improved from Rome 2 - at least i don't remember being able to send slaves to only one settlement if i desired

really looking forward to tomorrow's video!

honey will catch more flies than vinegar

Team Lizardmen

• Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    Love the black arks.
    Unit cards have changed as well. Witch elves are only 10 armor now. I guess we shouldn't focus on unit stats for now cause they seem to change daily.

Team Yennefer

"A blinding flash materialised into a transparent sphere, and inside it loomed a shape, assuming contours and shapes at frightening speed. Dandelion recognised it at once. He knew those wild, black curls and the obsidian star on a velvet ribbon. What he didn’t know and had never seen before was the face. It was a face of rage and fury, the face of the goddess of vengeance, destruction and death." - Time of contempt
  • TheBraveKnightTheBraveKnight Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,659
    Very impressed. The campaign map detail is phenomenal and I love all of the new features/mechanics in this title.

Also, that Dark Elf ambient music is on point!
    Current Top 3 Total War List

1) Thrones of Britannia - Art style, soundtrack, aging portraits, sieges, politics, and trait system!
    (Prob 3 Kingdoms after I invest more hours. Awesome awesome game!)

2) Warhammer 2 - Eye of the Vortex

3) Shogun 2

Honorable mentions - Medieval 1

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,422
    Almost everything seem cool.But i can't help but feeling annoyed at the corruption of the land Morathi faction seems to spread .If the cult of pleasure spreads any corruption it shouldn't be of the land but of the mind.Sigh

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • CnConradCnConrad Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,194
    edited August 2017
    Bit worried about paying 10k and getting an AI army to wreck the AI for you.

But, absolutely love the slave mechanic. Finally something unique for the elf factions.

Even though I'm not looking forward to the high elves I hope they have equally interesting political management.
  • FrigMannaiaFrigMannaia Fagnano Olona, ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 319
    edited August 2017
    I agree with everything that everybody before me have said (amazing video and campaign mechanics) and i want to focus on two things:

- the name mechanic is awesome. It's one of those little things that really give flavour to a race and - consequently - to a campaign;
    - since i'm obsessed with soundtracks, i got to say that the bit from 2:28 to 2:50 was awesome. It reminded me of the Darth Plaeguis theme from Star Wars and it sounds dark and evil as hell.

Dark Elves. APPROVED.

Post edited by BillyRuffian on
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Okay. Preoeder assured, once I get my paycheck.
  • DMFan79DMFan79 ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 407

Very impressed. The campaign map detail is phenomenal and I love all of the new features/mechanics in this title.

Also, that Dark Elf ambient music is on point!

Ditto. I'm very very impressed by the new mechanics. They made the game more juicy and I love it...

Well done CA, well done. I'm going to fully support this second chapter like I did with the first.
  • NazjaxNazjax Registered Users Posts: 1,249
    So Morathi look like to spread chaos corruption :/
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,035
    This is some seriously bombastic shizznazz. Somehow CA is constantly taking new factions that I'm sure I'd not be too impressed with and give them a good polishing leaving me giving the thumbs up.

On top of that I am really looking forward to playing the Vortex Campaign.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    LLs can rank up to level 40 now. Hopefully that will apply to the combined campaign as well.
  • LudboneLudbone Registered Users Posts: 2,098
    Still missed the Armored Cold Ones...
    #JusticeForTzeentch #NoMoreRecoloredModels #NoMoreCopyPastedUnits

• seienchinseienchin Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,572
    edited August 2017
    Looks great! Really interesting.

Although one question pops up... Just how many settlements are there in Naggaroth?`More than 20??? Seems crowded.^^

And the lets play looks reallly reallly reallly easy. Intervention forces, black arcs, lots of settlements in Naggaroth to capture. Well its a lets play but I hope it gets more difficult for players.
    seienchin said:

Looks great! Really interesting.

Although one question pops up... Just how many settlements are there in Naggaroth?`More than 20??? Seems crowded.^^

Close to 50 by my count (including the chaos waste settlements).

Almost everything seem cool.But i can't help but feeling annoyed at the corruption of the land Morathi faction seems to spread .If the cult of pleasure spreads any corruption it shouldn't be of the land but of the mind.Sigh

Yeah, I agree. I thought about it actually today. The pleasure cult, even if it's Slaanesh, should be invisible on the land. But hey, maybe it's easier for them this way.

Team Yennefer

• KatarianKatarian Registered Users Posts: 246
    Ludbone said:

Still missed the Armored Cold Ones...

Do you mean the Cold One Dread Knights? If you pause at just the right time (10:27) you can see a Cold One Dread Knight unit card. Might take a few attempts, but they are comparable to Dragon Princes.
    I second that question, how do we know black arks are in range?

Team Yennefer

HoneyBun said:

The only question I have is a practical one - how do you know if the Black Ark is in range for either replenishment or bombard?

I couldn't work it out

Neither. It's obviously greater than just the reinforce bubble since he was replenishing all that way inland and he'd never get to bombard the city otherwise.

But there was no indicator like the FoTS dotted line.
  • NyaxxyNyaxxy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    HoneyBun said:

The only question I have is a practical one - how do you know if the Black Ark is in range for either replenishment or bombard?

I couldn't work it out

The broken circular line around it when it is selected I presume.
  • Skarsnik_De_EmperorSkarsnik_De_Emperor Registered Users Posts: 1,832
    edited August 2017
    salty high elves fans alert when the DE rite (let's play) is on :D

salty high elves fans alert when the DE rite (let's play) is on :D

salty dark elves fans alert when Malekith speaks :D