Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: Warhammer 2 - Dark Elves Campaign Let's Play

Comments

• HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,215
    cat59 said:

Can Darren ( or anyone else ) confirm whether the Dark Elf Assassin is actually female or if he simply "misgendered" him.

And do we know wheather the slave mechanic is exclusive ot the Dark Elves, or if Skaven get it aswell?

Well, Assassins of Khaine for the Dark Elves are all male, last I heard. They're the male dark elf babies/children thrown into Cauldrons of Blood, and those that survive get trained to become Assassins, meanwhile I assume females become the Witch Elves.

I was fine with everything up until that point, but if Khainite Assassins have female variants, I'm going to be slightly upset. Granted not as much as Age of Reckoning's male Sorceresses, but still. (Developers said it was a mistake at first, but kept the male version, 'because they looked cool,' which is highly subjective.)

Also, the Dark Elf city that was sacked looked like it had a Death Hag defending it, High Elf agents can apparently preform diplomatic missions, to possibly improve relations with targeted factions. (It says something along those lines when he's fiddling about with the end turn camera control stuff.) I don't honestly understand why you'd go for Witch Elves over the Executioners though, aside from a roleplaying standpoint, or aesthetic choice, since they have better stats in all but MA/speed.

Reaper Bolt Throwers though... 340 range...
    We already knew that there could be heroes in garrisons

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    Ibid said:

Re: Sacrifice to Khaine. The phrase 'But once the blood is flowing from whence will it stop?' means 'But once the blood is flowing from from where will it stop?' I don't think that makes any sense as a question. I assume the writer meant meant something like, 'But once the blood is flowing, who will stop it?' or '... how can it be stopped?'

Not an actual question but more rherorical I guess. Sort of the die is cast kind of thing because the only way for the blood to stop is when there's no blood left to spill.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 784
    Kind of disappointed in the black arks look more like a ship wreck rather than a floating fortress.
  • cat59cat59 Registered Users Posts: 472

cat59 said:

Can Darren ( or anyone else ) confirm whether the Dark Elf Assassin is actually female or if he simply "misgendered" him.

And do we know wheather the slave mechanic is exclusive ot the Dark Elves, or if Skaven get it aswell?

Well, Assassins of Khaine for the Dark Elves are all male, last I heard. They're the male dark elf babies/children thrown into Cauldrons of Blood, and those that survive get trained to become Assassins, meanwhile I assume females become the Witch Elves.

I was fine with everything up until that point, but if Khainite Assassins have female variants, I'm going to be slightly upset. Granted not as much as Age of Reckoning's male Sorceresses, but still. (Developers said it was a mistake at first, but kept the male version, 'because they looked cool,' which is highly subjective.)

Also, the Dark Elf city that was sacked looked like it had a Death Hag defending it, High Elf agents can apparently preform diplomatic missions, to possibly improve relations with targeted factions. (It says something along those lines when he's fiddling about with the end turn camera control stuff.) I don't honestly understand why you'd go for Witch Elves over the Executioners though, aside from a roleplaying standpoint, or aesthetic choice, since they have better stats in all but MA/speed.

Reaper Bolt Throwers though... 340 range...
    We already knew that there could be heroes in garrisons
    Yeah, but the only ones people really had confirmed were Skaven ones, yes? Now there's even more credence to all factions having hero's garrisoned. Still, caught me off guard because I was totally not expecting to see a Death Hag in that spot, apologies for my surprise there.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,693
    Sherman said:

Intervention in my opinion should cost a lot more, if gain money it's easy like in the first game, 10.000 gold are nothing.

About black ark, my hope was having a special admiral hero, with a garrison of pirates (plus the troops you recruited) in a special battle map in the black ark, that you can fight like you are in land even if you are in the sea.

Gathering 10000 shouldn't be easy if you are playing at the right challenge level.

If you are getting 10k easy with non hordes on legendary, then I'd recommend head to head campaign or Steel Faith Overhaul.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven
  • AbesutAbesut Registered Users Posts: 133
    Dark Elves>High Elves
  • DolorousEddDolorousEdd Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 555
    Beautiful and deep campaign map and gameplay. I can't wait to play it.
    Team Dwarfs
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Crooked Moon
    Team Cult of Pleasure
    Team Clan Pestilens
  • ThatRabidPotatoThatRabidPotato Member Registered Users Posts: 403
    Two questions-

One, every single Lord he was using was female. Are we locked into having female melee lords as DE and male melee lords as HE? I liked the choice that you got as WE, what they were was what you customized them into.

Two, is Teclis really going to have to spend his whole campaign conquering Lustria and never setting foot on Ulthuan? That is just silly.
  • Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Registered Users Posts: 1,025
    What is the point of all those fortresses in Ulthuan if the way is just wide open for an invasion from the South?
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,402

Anyone else noticed that you have choice of and cam lock out of a skill chain in Malekith skill tree?Also no Armour of Midnight as item i hope he gets it's bonuses from somewhere since it gave him a lot of bonuses.

It's kind of been fused to his body for thousands of years and can't be taken off without killing him. It would be really bizarre to have to quest for it.
    Ibid said:

Re: Sacrifice to Khaine. The phrase 'But once the blood is flowing from whence will it stop?' means 'But once the blood is flowing from from where will it stop?' I don't think that makes any sense as a question. I assume the writer meant meant something like, 'But once the blood is flowing, who will stop it?' or '... how can it be stopped?'

"Once X starts where will it end?" is a common phrase. I'm not sure what's confusing about it.
  • ThatRabidPotatoThatRabidPotato Member Registered Users Posts: 403

What is the point of all those fortresses in Ulthuan if the way is just wide open for an invasion from the South?

In the lore the city of Lothern sits directly on top of the straits, and the only way to get to the interior of the island is either assaulting the gates or the biggest and most well fortified city the HE have. CA have decided to shunt Lothern off to the western side of the straits into Tiranoc/Caledor, leaving the straits wide open for some unfathomable reason.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,766

What's the point in the Great Wall of China if they can just go around it?
    81jt2dj75iky.png

In the lore the city of Lothern sits directly on top of the straits, and the only way to get to the interior of the island is either assaulting the gates or the biggest and most well fortified city the HE have. CA have decided to shunt Lothern off to the western side of the straits into Tiranoc/Caledor, leaving the straits wide open for some unfathomable reason.
    What about the two roads that bypass the mountains on both sides of the strait?

Bad comparison. The Mongols went around the wall so why would not Malekith if there is a way? Why waste time on storming the fortresses when you can just go around? This essentially turns him into a huge idiot
    It's kind of been fused to his body for thousands of years and can't be taken off without killing him. It would be really bizarre to have to quest for it.

Well yeah I just hope he gets its bonuses since they were extremely useful

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
    Look I illustrate:

So regardless of where the city is there are two huge gaps where an army easily can waltz into the interior.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679

Anyone else noticed that you have choice of and cam lock out of a skill chain in Malekith skill tree?Also no Armour of Midnight as item i hope he gets it's bonuses from somewhere since it gave him a lot of bonuses.

Ibid said:

"Once X starts where will it end?" is a common phrase. I'm not sure what's confusing about it.
    also it would mean that he cant use the ARmour and the Shield at hte same time as equipment... something KF currently already has...
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • ScratcH1ScratcH1 Registered Users Posts: 183
    HoneyBun said:

Look I illustrate:

So regardless of where the city is there are two huge gaps where an army easily can waltz into the interior.

oooo good spot.

Yes that is a bit dodgy - probably deserves its own thread!
    Tower of Lysean blocks off the western side. Because of the fog of war we can't see if there's another one on the eastern side as well.

• FungusHoundFungusHound Registered Users Posts: 5,937
    Abesut said:

Dark Elves>High Elves

Rat Elves>Lizard Elves>Dark Elves>High Elves
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,679

Abesut said:

Dark Elves>High Elves

Rat Elves>Lizard Elves>Dark Elves>High Elves
    Dead Elves>Rat Elves>Lizard Elves>Dark Elves>High Elves
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TheokolesOfRomeTheokolesOfRome Senior Member The Highlands in me kilt.Registered Users Posts: 1,493
    Welcome to the team @CA_Tom
    My Rig:
    i7 8700k @ 4ghz
    1 x Titan X Pascal
    32GB 3000Mhz Ram
    1TB SSD Drive
    34" Curved Monitor 3440x1440p
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 21,926
    Great video! Very inviting!
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• AkoenaAkoena Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 53
    Nobody gonna say anything about Malekiths voice being more like in the DE intro video again?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,809
    Akoena said:

Nobody gonna say anything about Malekiths voice being more like in the DE intro video again?

he totally had a Darth Vader vibe,. both voice and lines...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • nsnydernsnyder Registered Users Posts: 7
    edited August 2017
    There is a screen (2:27) in the game play video showing Malekith wearing "Armour of Fortune". This shouldn't be allowed. He should have his Armour of Midnight and not be allowed to change it. It might be a balancing issue? He would start out having a very powerful item, and CA might have decided to have his armour just look nice instead of having a really nice armour to start the game?
    nsnyder said:

There is a screen (2:27) in the game play video showing Malekith wearing "Armour of Fortune". This shouldn't be allowed. He should have his Armour of Midnight and not be allowed to change it. It might be a balancing issue? He would start out having a very powerful item, and CA might have decided to have his armour just look nice instead of having a really nice armour to start the game?

if he had the Armour locked there he wouldn't be able to equip the Surpreme Spellshield, since that also covers the Armour slot iirc.

Something similiar is already the case with KF who has to choose between the Reikland Runefang and Ghal Maraz...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • GrinnerzGrinnerz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 68

One, every single Lord he was using was female. Are we locked into having female melee lords as DE and male melee lords as HE? I liked the choice that you got as WE, what they were was what you customized them into.

The Female Dark Elf Lords are melee, the Males are melee/ranged hybrid. The High Elves are the opposite.

Also, am I the only one to notice that there are two Vaul's Anvils on the map? One on Ulthuan that Malekith took, and the other at 5:56 owned by the AI. Are there supposed to be two or am I seeing things?

nsnyder said:

if he had the Armour locked there he wouldn't be able to equip the Surpreme Spellshield, since that also covers the Armour slot iirc.

Something similiar is already the case with KF who has to choose between the Reikland Runefang and Ghal Maraz...
    i figure the shield would be in the place of the enhanced item slot.

• Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806

Bad comparison. The Mongols went around the wall so why would not Malekith if there is a way? Why waste time on storming the fortresses when you can just go around? This essentially turns him into a huge idiot
    Because in real life there is such thing as supply of food. Travelling weeks to find another weak spot would obliterate troops morale, tire them beyond comprehension and when actual battle would start against well-rested defenders in their own territory they would loose.

Game obviously don't have any mechanic that would generate attrition from "being on the road for too long" but time itself is the enemy here. If there is only one easy opening in Ulthuan, HE can just simply bunker there and "You shall not pass". But You'll waste several turns to get there and realize that.
  • harngersteinharngerstein Registered Users Posts: 835
    edited August 2017
    Why is the female dreadlord's Cold One not armored? According to the model showcase CA posted a while back it said Deadlords would ride armored COs. It would be a shame if they went back on that considering how cool they looked

https://www.facebook.com/TotalWar/videos/1551659794909215/?hc_ref=ARSkwFPXTjBTe5l2PuDtXEkIXrbSQeX3RhvA1u7bue6yLpqZAki-KQgrwJFtnGOKYKA