Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

All races have rites now! Does this mean...?

Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
...that in Mega-Campaign-Map we will be able to use rites playing Empire, Dwarfs, Greenskins, Vampire Counts, Chaos Warriors, Beastmen, Wood Elves and Brettonia?

Or is it Vortex Specific?

[Title quote is from DE gameplay video!]

Comments

• steam_1644328850953DJO7iMsteam_1644328850953DJO7iM Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 231
    I wish they give us more info about it :/ ... I hope the rituals stay, i think it makes campaign a lot more interesting than Destroy X faction
  • JhengisKhanJhengisKhan Registered Users Posts: 266
    The rituals have to do with the vortex so i don't see them having any use in the GC. The rites may stay, if they do i don't see how they can get away with not adding the same thing to the other factions.
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 262
    Because we need Black Arks in the GC!
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,453
    Rites for the original races could be really fun.

Like Da Last Waaagh!!!

+2 animosity for all forces.
    -50% recruitment
    +20 growth
    -15% upkeep
    -4 public order.

For example.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • KrunchKrunch Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,322
    Talmorean said:

A rework of The Wild Hunt into a Rite for WE would be awesome.

God that'd be so much better than the office we have now.
  • BlaeysBlaeys Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,310
    edited August 2017
    I could see Vampires Counts using Rites to create powerful raise dead locations (similar to those left after major battles) on the map - or dwarfs using them to negate or significantly hamper the winds of magic in either map areas or in the next X number of turns/battles.

There are a lot of cool things they could do with that system.

I do hope they make it to the combined map campaign in some form.
  • Lord_XelosLord_Xelos Registered Users Posts: 1,806
    What a nice surprise - everybody is onboard the "rites" train :)

I really hope those are for Mega-Campaign too, as this would just add a lot of interesting gameplay besides battles. Right now OWE campaign gameplay is pretty boring (max city > build Tier 5 army > kill enemies > REPEAT).
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 936
    edited August 2017
    An overall of the original races in the combined map to include rites would be awesome.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    I don't even know what rites or rituals are.
  • Horus38Horus38 Registered Users Posts: 936
    MrJade said:

Showcased from game 2 videos:
    * Rites are like mega spells that affect your faction with campaign map buffs but have a significant turn cool down.
    * Rituals are performed to win the vortex campaign.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,099
    MrJade said:

Look at the last WH2 videos on youtube. To sum up, rites are bonuses you unlock after some conditions, and give you bonuses or heroes. Bonuses last several turns, and once done, you can do the rite again but after a while.

So yes, rites sound really really fun. I hope the former races will have access to them in the mega campaign. And later, maybe 1 or 2 more rites per races. Some LL's could also grant bonuses to some rites.

Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    @Pr4vda I don't like watching anything on YT. I prefer to not know everything. To me, it ruins some of the surprise.

I don't mind knowing about Rites or Rituals, but they give away too much in Let's Plays and such.
  • GunKingGunKing Registered Users Posts: 627
    Krunch said:

Talmorean said:

A rework of The Wild Hunt into a Rite for WE would be awesome.

God that'd be so much better than the office we have now.
    Unique event artwork for when the Wild Hunt arrives and ends would be nice too. They did it for the Green Knight! The standing Eternal Guard image they have for like 10 other events isn't really cutting it. If it doesn't happen by end of Game 3 I will mod it in.
  • IxalmarisIxalmaris Registered Users Posts: 842
    I do not think the Megacampaign will have rites, at least for all factions.
    Rites appear to use the factions special ressource like food or slaves. Bug the old ones do not have such ressources and I cant see CA adding them for the Megamap.
    edited August 2017
    MrJade said:

@Pr4vda I don't like watching anything on YT. I prefer to not know everything. To me, it ruins some of the surprise.

I don't mind knowing about Rites or Rituals, but they give away too much in Let's Plays and such.

@MrJade Here we don't agree. I don't believe in such thing as "too much information". The more the better. But it's Your right to avoid spoilers if You feel that way.

So, I'll be nice and explain only mechanics without spoilers:
    - Rituals are endgame progression mechanic. You do them one by one once Your "Vortex meter" progresses to certain point. And tha'ts basically it. There are some bonuses for finishing in-between rituals but all You need to know is that last is basically "Win Game" button. It's similar to cultural or space race win in Civilization series.
    - Rites on the other hand are basically campaign-map spells (that cost Your main resource - a lot of it). They have long cooldawns, they cost a lot but they give either great faction-wide bonuses, let You summon/hire superhero-type units (Black Ark for DE, lvl. 30 Doom Engineer for Skaven, etc.). Buffs are temporary, while units seem to be permanent but limited in numbers.

What rites do is they diversify Your strategy. You can go tech-heavy and spend every dime on upgrading armies and cities or You can temporarly rush an invasion using those expensive spells if that fits Your situation.
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Registered Users Posts: 1,441
    I don't trust that system, this will be unbalanced as ****.
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549
    I wonder if more of the "combined campaign" work has been focused on unifying mechanics across both campaigns. Things like dragon's have breath attacks is *supposed* to carry over to old dragons in the grand campaign so that old factions will be on par with new.

I wonder if more of the "combined campaign" work has been focused on unifying mechanics across both campaigns. Things like dragon's have breath attacks is *supposed* to carry over to old dragons in the grand campaign so that old factions will be on par with new.

Source? I would really love for old dragons to have breath attacks finally. But I never heard anything about it being actually done...
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    It would be incredible if all factions had a Vortex option, it would spice things up and give more incentive for everyone to fight. However, I don't think it should be a win condition and should be "locked" once a faction completes the Rituals and their respective battle. For Grand Campaign, it should be an opportunity to gain faction-wide, permanent and titanic benefits in exchange for risking war with everyone else partaking in the ritual.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115

Source? I would really love for old dragons to have breath attacks finally. But I never heard anything about it being actually done...
    This was specifically stated in one of the previous dev streams/videos as an example of what they are going to update in the combined campaign. I forgot which one - might have been the HE roster, where they talked about the different dragons a lot.

They also brought this example up one time when they compared what they wouldn't do for game1, but would do for the combined map.

Not able to give you the concrete link, sorry, but it's true, they said that.

For rites, I agree it would be great to get that for all factions. Many of the older factions already have a second currency, so we might see this actually.

Probably have to wait for more information on such things until after game2 is released.
    So dragons in current Grand Campaign will stay as they are - mentally and physically handicapped alligators with wings?

Gaaah... So basically they're throwing Old World Campaign to the trash can. I expected such change as dragon breath attacks as global patches that affect entire game (WH2 is only expansion after all).
  • Arcani_4_EverArcani_4_Ever Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,788
    Rites probably will stay in the Combined Campaign.

But Rituals is definitely a Vortex Campaign thing only.

At most. New races added to the Vortex Campaign will get their own rituals.

Tomb Kings, Waagh! Grom, Vampire Coast

Would add flavor to the Vortex Campaign while also adding playable factions in the Combined Campaign.
  • epic_159733007811cHJwei4epic_159733007811cHJwei4 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,549

Sorry, I just remember it being said back when breath attacks were confirmed in game 2 but I don't have the source.

I understand the skepticism but I do believe that it is what they said.

Keep in mind, they meant the GRAND (combined) Campaign only and that the Old World Campaign would NOT receive dragon updates.

So dragons in current Grand Campaign will stay as they are - mentally and physically handicapped alligators with wings?

Gaaah... So basically they're throwing Old World Campaign to the trash can. I expected such change as dragon breath attacks as global patches that affect entire game (WH2 is only expansion after all).

I think it boils down to the fact that breath attacks are a "game 2 feature" and the combined campaign will be bringing older factions up to par since you have to own both games (so you "paid" for breath attacks).
  • NyaxxyNyaxxy Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 222
    Skaven Rites also summon special heroes with unique abilities. Perhaps some races in game1 will use this to get "Legendary Heroes". I'm all for the game1 races getting an overhaul as such with new mechanics to put them on par with those races in game2. More mechanics to freshen the old races up would always be appreciated.
  • SultschiemSultschiem Registered Users Posts: 3,098
    They said that the vortex might not be a thing in the combined map.

They were also thinking about making it an OPTION to activate or deactivate.
  • GeldorGeldor Registered Users Posts: 1,115
    The rites are not specifically connected to the Vortex (that would be the rituals).

It's some kind of extra mechanic you get via the second currency faction use (which can be also be used for the rituals at least in some cases).

Of course, they would have to adjust the currency volumes a bit, but as the DE get their Black Arcs via rites, I think they might keep them in and add similar rites for the game1 factions.

At least from a marketing, player satisfaction POV, it would make more sense than taking away the rites from the new factions in the combined map.
    Geldor said:

It's some kind of extra mechanic you get via the second currency faction use (which can be also be used for the rituals at least in some cases).

Not really. Rites cost regular gold, at least that was the case in gameplays shown so far.
  • ArminageShikobaArminageShikoba Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 236

Geldor said:

Not really. Rites cost regular gold, at least that was the case in gameplays shown so far.
    No, it costs, the second currency, Invicta talks about this for a little bit in a video he did about Darrens DE Playthrough, (I can't link it as I am in China and have youtube blocked on my laptop, I saw it on my phone).

I didn't see if there were more requirements, however rites fo cost a large sum of secondary currency, slaves for instance for the Dark Elves.
  • krunshkrunsh Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,695
    They said they were thinking /trying to implement it for older factions in merged campaign but not garanteed nor confirmed yet.

No rituals though that is vortex exclusive.
    i5-3550 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Geforce gtx 970
    16gb ram

Team Skaven