Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The BIG WARHAMMER BATTLES SURVEY

Comments

• KGpoopyKGpoopy Registered Users Posts: 2,009
    I did the survey.
    I don't feel like giving you instruction on how I prefer you asked the questions though. :lol:
    But good job. Results should be interesting. Or maybe it will be predictable.
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    What kind of survey is this!!? No cash incentive! Lol jk.

Wouldn't 100% slower battles mean a complete standstill?

Yes, you could make that interpretation-but being practical, no, 100% wouldn't mean a standstill. Being practical you could just consider the length of a battle, which speed of battle directly influences. Meaning 10 min average battles would be 20 min battles with 100% slower battles. @Fredrin feel free to correct me or further clarify. (It's a good Excuse to bump the thread).
  • BadMagickBadMagick Registered Users Posts: 55

Wouldn't 100% slower battles mean a complete standstill?

It would probably mean twice the time it usually takes...

• Fredrin#9269Fredrin#9269 Senior Member LondonRegistered Users Posts: 3,026
    @hendo1592 @BadMagick

Yes, exactly - thanks for clarifying. My assumption was that no one would want the battle duration to be twice what it is currently, so going up to 100% (ie double) would be sufficient. There's a small percentage at 100% who may have wanted it even slower, but the bulk of results are between 0-50%.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160
    God survey.Lets see, what happens
  • Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    The linked post just says currently....
  • Horus168Horus168 Registered Users Posts: 578
    Ironically the word 'removed' got removed from my post.
    Horus168 said:

Ironically the word 'removed' got removed from my post.

Anyone else having problems? Seems to still be open and taking answers.
    600+ and counting.

Link here for any who haven't taken it yet:

https://kwiksurveys.com/s/SGbCa6sQ

I'll release the first batch of results when we hit 1,000
  • Keve69Keve69 Member Registered Users Posts: 155
    Filled it out.

I'm looking forward to seeing the results :)
  • steam_164510928748qF8o2besteam_164510928748qF8o2be Registered Users Posts: 1,766
    edited August 2017
    When can we see the result of your survey? 600 people is really good!

@Valeli whit the regerments of renown there are alot new people here, im one of them =]

• HarconnHarconn Registered Users Posts: 943
    At the end of the survey is says tomorrow.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

My German Youtube-Channel - Let's Plays (Strategy, RPG, Indie,...): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChwblqvwr8XxKP0GzCcUb8Q
    Harconn said:

At the end of the survey is says tomorrow.

I might bring that forward if we hit 1,000 sooner
    Thanks everyone for taking the time to fill it out - we are gathering some fantastic data here.

One very interesting thing I'm observing in the results is the incredible consistency of age and opinion between the different communities - in particular between here and the Reddit forums where the great majority of results are coming from.

The software allows me filter results according to domain - basically where people clicked through from to take the survey.

I'll use a couple of examples to illustrate (sorry, I know this is well nerdy)

So here are the results to the same question. The first image is shows the 271 results from this forum, the second shows the 167 from the TW Reddit:

Totalwar.com

TW Reddit

Standard deviation is not very helpful with this data set, but keep an eye on the distribution of votes and weighted average in the top right.

And here again with a different question:

Totalwar.com

TW Reddit

Pretty much the same with all results - very similar distribution of results, weighted average often with 1% of each other. I've noticed this from previous surveys too. I thought it was a mistake for a while but you can see the numbers at the top - it all adds up.

Shock, horror! TW fans don't have wildly different opinions regardless of where they choose to talk trash ;)
  • bellyboybellyboy Registered Users Posts: 151
    Thank you for a very well-thought out and in-depth survey. You did a great job--cheers!

There was one question that confused me a bit: it asked my opinion about adding more depth in tactical decisions (I forget the exact wording and don't want to re-take the survey as to not vote twice--sorry). The key was the question implied "more" was the default answer. However, the responses were in the agree to disagree range. I was a bit confused on how to answer if I wanted things to remain just as they are or less, as that wasn't really an option based on the relation of the word "more" to the potential answers. I think my answer reflects my position well as reasonably could be expressed.

That's a really long nit-pick for something that didn't impact my ability to answer your questions. Feel free to completely ignore the comment.
    Truly, great job; thanks for your hard work!
    edited August 2017
    bellyboy said:

Thank you for a very well-thought out and in-depth survey. You did a great job--cheers!

There was one question that confused me a bit: it asked my opinion about adding more depth in tactical decisions (I forget the exact wording and don't want to re-take the survey as to not vote twice--sorry). The key was the question implied "more" was the default answer. However, the responses were in the agree to disagree range. I was a bit confused on how to answer if I wanted things to remain just as they are or less, as that wasn't really an option based on the relation of the word "more" to the potential answers. I think my answer reflects my position well as reasonably could be expressed.

That's a really long nit-pick for something that didn't impact my ability to answer your questions. Feel free to completely ignore the comment.
    Truly, great job; thanks for your hard work!

Cheers @bellyboy , all feedback appreciated :)

Here's an image of that question in the Build screen:

As you can see the question does not specify either "more" or "less" - it gives both as options so as not to be leading.

In the answers you have a "Perfect as it is" option and then 3 either side for verious shades of agreement/disagreement. So pretty well balanced I hope.

Ediit - Sorry, I think it was this one actually:

800 votes in. Thanks all
  • hendo#1695hendo#1695 Registered Users Posts: 3,002
    edited August 2017
    Thanks for sharing! I dont know what you're talking about saying "nerdy" lol. I love stats! Looks like the data is normally distributed-though, I have a hunch the data will "pull" to the right.

It's too late now, but I wonder if a question asking about "the preferred average time for large battles would be useful (definition of large battles would have to be provided)? With that information-since it's a continuous variable-we could figure out the preferred length of the respondents. Perhaps calculating the weighted averages? (I love stats but by no means is a master).
    Post edited by hendo#1695 on
  • DEM0N_LLAMADEM0N_LLAMA Registered Users Posts: 628
    Cool Survey but some of it was a bit vague and needed to be more clear.
  • SudoKnightlyNonsenseSudoKnightlyNonsense Registered Users Posts: 1,818
    Good survey, hope more people take it.
  • NinjasoupNinjasoup Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 149
    Survey done!
  • Galvinized_IronGalvinized_Iron Registered Users Posts: 1,025
    edited August 2017
    I tried to take the survey but I couldn't figure out the answer to question 2.

Question 8 is a problem though. It is not possible to reduce something by 100% without removing it completely. Battles would be frozen in time. Forever.

Question 10: I don't think anyone will say they want less tactical options, just disagree on what those options are.
  • CwenraedCwenraed Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 711
    edited August 2017
    Completed the survey. Some of the questions were not quite clear as to what you mean but I did the best I could. =)
    Do not disturb my circles >:)
  • ginger_hammer#8744ginger_hammer#8744 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 42
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,415
    Finish its. Whatever the question still confuse me.
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

We have our 1,000! I will publish the raw data with a written overview in another thread.

Please keep this one active so people can take the survey if they haven't seen it. Feedback is very helpful.

I have added a question asking people what their preferred battle duration is in minutes, as percentage increase/decrease seemed to be throwing quite a few people.

Also, as you will see, there has been huge demand for depth-giving features and tactical options, though many people have said that this is vague.

Suggestions/ideas as to what kind of things would people like to see in there would be great.

Thanks again to those who have participated!
    edited August 2017
    Fredrin,

Thanks!

As I said in my post, it's not a big deal and a reasonable person could express his/her self reasonably with the wording as is. However, I appreciate you putting it up for a second look.

Ultimately, this is possibly the best survey of a video game I've seen on this crazy interwebs. I just can't turn off the critic.

EDIT: Also, I'm really excited to see the results! Great job!!!

Question 10: I don't think anyone will say they want less tactical options, just disagree on what those options are.

Interesting. I would. I don't think the quantity of tactical options is relevant (consider the games "Go," "Checkers," or "Chess" as examples of having few tactical options, but high complexity and replayability). Honestly, sometimes I get overwhelmed when I have too many magic items, spells, and different units all demanding my attention. I wouldn't mind narrowing down the quantity and developing each options unique impact on the game.

However, perhaps by thinking of tactical options as magic items, spells, and different units I've misunderstood the question. If you could clarify what you mean, I'm sure we'd find consensus.