Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Let's talk on Beastmen... Other breeds of Beastmen

Comments

• KrilralKrilral Member Posts: 907Registered Users

@Equix What about man bear pig?

We have that. It's called a "Beastmen Chaos Spawn" apparently ;)
  • Mogwai_ManMogwai_Man Posts: 2,831Registered Users
    Its minor lore that isn't going to be explored.
  • docjohnson1451docjohnson1451 Senior Member Posts: 207Registered Users
    The only way I could see those Naggaroth Beastmen implemented into the game is if CA decides to surprise us all with a Hung race pack (which I would love).
  • Wargol5Wargol5 Posts: 1,225Registered Users
    Just imagine a bretonnian army on crusade to the far-east being ambushed by catmens being like this :

(the first 3 pictures are from mtg, the 2 others are made by David Lecossu and typhonart)
  • Ephraim_DaltonEphraim_Dalton Senior Member Posts: 17,597Registered Users
    Wargol5 said:

Just imagine a bretonnian army on crusade to the far-east being ambushed by catmens being like this :

(the first 3 pictures are from mtg, the 2 others are made by David Lecossu and typhonart)

O, oh, I already know their themesong!

Thunder, thunder
    Thunder, Thundercats, ho

Thundercats
    Are on the move
    Thundercats are loose
    Feel the magic
    Hear the roar
    Thundercats are loose

Thunder, thunder
    Thunder, Thundercats
    Thunder, thunder
    Thunder, Thundercats
    Thunder, thunder
    Thunder, Thundercats
    Thunder, thunder
    Thunder, Thundercats

Thundercats

• JavorJavor Posts: 910Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    I certainly hope CA favours pretty much anything else before these other kinds of beastmen. Stuff's getting dangerously close to furry territory if every animal gets their own humanoid type of race.

Rather just see more variation in the beastmen we already have, model/graphical assets wise.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Posts: 9,865Registered Users
    I don't think there's anything I care about less than Beastmen skins/units that match the local environment.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Posts: 1,813Registered Users
    Costs too many charlemanges, no chance except they make Ind/cathay and make a completely themed addon/dlc
  • Neolucifer2000Neolucifer2000 Junior Member Posts: 956Registered Users
    You forgot to add the norscan Ymir
    http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ymir
    NIce thread!!!

Demand more love for Empire and Beastmen! Playable Middenland with Cult of Ulric! Built-in RoR like Hochland Long Rifles and Knightly orders! Doombull, Wargor, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe, Tuskboar chariot and God-specific Gors! #MakeOldWorldGreatAgain
  • TheOrganKingTheOrganKing Junior Member Posts: 989Registered Users
    While I think that having the different types of beastmen would be great. Hell there's enough different about them that they could be entirely new units. But even then, I think it's better that we get the units we're already missing, before asking for even more.
    "Chaos strong. Gors strong. Humans, Elves, Dwarf — weak. We win. We fight, we kill, one day we win. One day soon. You — if you lucky, we eat you, make you into part of us, make you better than you, stronger than any of you, stronger than all of you. Once this arm weak, like you. I eat many of your kind, now I strong."
    —Karzog, Beastigor Charioteer.
  • St_AugustineSt_Augustine Posts: 220Registered Users
    I want pandas.
    "Bow pilgrims, bow before the Wisdom of Asaph made flesh, the Voice of Vengeful, the Lioness of the Hills, She Whose Legions Blot Out the Sun With Their Arrows, High Queen Khalida, Guardian of Dammed Lahmia, the Watchfull Soul and The Serpent Queen" -Lich Priest Djubti

MUH TUMB KEENGS

"Caesar I was and am Justinian"
  • FungusHoundFungusHound Posts: 1,652Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    I love beastmen and find the other beastmen breeds interesting, however I think you should probably do 2 things:

1. As previously pointed out you copied and pasted that from someone else's blog thing without credit or a link. YOu should fix that.
    2. Find the actual sources. I know the beastmen of naggaroth, the apemen, the Tigermen of Ind, and the Ymir are all canon. However some of that information seems a bit off (mostly stuff about the cats). I believe other Beastmen breeds are talked about in Beasts of Chaos 6th edition. You should probably use that as your source not an uncited blog.
  • EquixEquix Posts: 624Registered Users
    Nemox said:

We're not even getting the other type of Beastmen near Naggaroth, what makes you think CA will touch any of the other obscure types?

you are understimating CA, we will see things never seen in TT, if they could sell beastmen two or three times with diferent breeds they will do and give something back for free to the basic beastmen too

I love beastmen and find the other beastmen breeds interesting, however I think you should probably do 2 things:

1. As previously pointed out you copied and pasted that from someone else's blog thing without credit or a link. YOu should fix that.
    2. Find the actual sources. I know the beastmen of naggaroth, the apemen, the Tigermen of Ind, and the Ymir are all canon. However some of that information seems a bit off (mostly stuff about the cats). I believe other Beastmen breeds are talked about in Beasts of Chaos 6th edition. You should probably use that as your source not an uncited blog.

I am glad to open your eyes. do it yourself
    Wargol5 said:

I can't understand other people saying they are not necessary, catmen rocks
  • NemoxNemox Posts: 2,476Registered Users
    Equix said:

Nemox said:

We're not even getting the other type of Beastmen near Naggaroth, what makes you think CA will touch any of the other obscure types?

you are understimating CA, we will see things never seen in TT, if they could sell beastmen two or three times with diferent breeds they will do and give something back for free to the basic beastmen too
    The same CA who didn't even complete the Beastmen roster? But sure, they'll definitely add obscure 'breeds' instead. I'm sure all the beastmen players will be happy with their thundercats instead...

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIPosts: 7,136Registered Users
    Equix said:

I am glad to open your eyes. do it yourself

So rather than actually try to make sense, you would rather just admit that you cannot do research?
    Thrones of Britannia: 69/100
    Warhammer II: 73/100
    Warhammer: 79/100
    Attila: 70/100 [Age of Charlemagne: 72/100]
    Rome II: 49/100
    Shogun II: 93/100 [Fall of the Samurai: 95/100]
    Napoleon: 58/100
    Empire: 53/100
    Medieval II: 90/100 [Kingdoms: 90/100]
    Rome I: 88/100
    Medieval I: 92/100
    Shogun I: 84/100
  • ShaddShadd Junior Member Posts: 336Registered Users
    I found an Arabian beastman guys

• Rada13Rada13 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Cathay and Nippon could have beastmen based anthropomorphic creatures of their mythology ie fox, racoon dog, crow people also you could do horse headed humans but that might be better for arabay since arabia prized itself on horses in the real world
  • Rada13Rada13 Posts: 11Registered Users
    also wondered why there were never boar or Bear men for the norsca armies you could also have snake people representing nagas in Ind
    edited September 2017
    Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

The same CA who didn't even complete the Beastmen roster? But sure, they'll definitely add obscure 'breeds' instead. I'm sure all the beastmen players will be happy with their thundercats instead...

that's how bullet on videogames works, when norsca was released chaos warriors were improved, and when WE were released beastmen got harpies. Your best hope to beastmen having a complete rooster is waiting for other beastmen breeds dlc
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Posts: 4,637Registered Users
    Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

that's how bullet on videogames works, when norsca was released chaos warriors were improved, and when WE were released beastmen got harpies. Your best hope to beastmen having a complete rooster is waiting for other beastmen breeds dlc
    which comes under DLC for DLC which won't happen. because in order to play "beastmen breeds DLC" YOU WOULD NEED THE BEASTMEN DLC.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

edited September 2017

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

which comes under DLC for DLC which won't happen. because in order to play "beastmen breeds DLC" YOU WOULD NEED THE BEASTMEN DLC.
    No, they will allow to play other breeds beastmen without owning the beastmen basic faction but you'll have to pay forit as a separate faction. This will happen with Chaos gods too
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

No, they will allow to play other breeds beastmen, like you can have and play warhammer 2 only
    That would be a subfaction of a DLC race. And Considering they are allowing Game 1 dlcs to work on the Mega Campaign then you would NEED Beastmen DLC.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

edited September 2017

Equix said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

No, they will allow to play other breeds beastmen, like you can have and play warhammer 2 only
    That would be a subfaction of a DLC race. And Considering they are allowing Game 1 dlcs to work on the Mega Campaign then you would NEED Beastmen DLC.
    subfaction with different rooster will be legitimated to be purchased solely on their own like chaos god factions also they will not be able to confederate everything, confederating will be limited

When Nagash arrives you will not need VC and TK to play him, but you may get extra options if you have them
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Posts: 8,207Registered Users
    Question: If Catmen made it, what will that make Skaven?

Bonus against rats..
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

subfaction with different rooster will be legitimate to be purchased solely on their own
    But Still come under DLC for DLC as Beastmen ARE a DLC race and those subfactions require the main race which is a DLC.

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

subfaction with different rooster will be legitimate to be purchased solely on their own
    But Still come under DLC for DLC as Beastmen ARE a DLC race and those subfactions require the main race which is a DLC.
    no, will be standalone DLC factions, in lore originally subfactions
  • CalippolippoCalippolippo Posts: 70Registered Users
    CA could put all those exotic beastmen as tzaangors, in fact tzaangors are all those beastmen who have exotic look like tiger or jaguar skin.
    Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

Equix said:

Nemox said:

no, will be standalone DLC factions, in lore originally subfactions
    That's worse you know that right. Want a complete Roster for Beastmen? Buy another game with one DLC which is what CA wanted to avoid with the whole no DLC for DLC.