Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

So Morathi is back to worshipping Slaanesh?

JellyphasJellyphas Registered Users Posts: 47

Before 8th edition, she worshipped Slaanesh. In 8th edition, she worshipped Atharti. Now in this game, which is majorly based on 8th edition, she apparently has the backing of the Chaos Gods. So does that mean that Morathi is back to humping Slaanesh's leg?

Comments

• IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,132
    "Gods" is plural, which technically means we're in totally uncharted territory. Morathi was only ever for Slannesh in the older, inferior canon.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"
    The Queen of Mysteries, on the Book of Grudges.

Her voice was as rustling silk. "In the darkness I dreamt of you, cousin."
    "Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

Warhammer Lore, by Sotek!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH4nPsl2ctS365aEfFBwxbg

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

Izzy's More-Loreful Stats Mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1279441247&searchtext=
  • JellyphasJellyphas Registered Users Posts: 47

"Gods" is plural, which technically means we're in totally uncharted territory. Morathi was only ever for Slannesh in the older, inferior canon.

Well her faction is named "The Cult of Pleasure", and Slaanesh is the God/Goddess/Whatever of Pleasure, so it seems like she is back to worshipping Slaanesh.
  • Blackstar1Blackstar1 Registered Users Posts: 100
    edited September 2017

Maybe not in entirely uncharted territory actually. Even in the latest lore Morathi is shown to be an individual willing to treat with pretty much any malevolent entity she thinks will grant her power/help advance her plans. In the Sundering trilogy for instance there was a scene depicting Morathi trafficking with what appeared to be Kairos Fateweaver. Also, if you look at her in-game model: http://www.gamersbook.com/Portals/0/images/2014/Total War-Warhammer-II-Dark-Elves-1.png she seems to be wearing a hair piece shaped like the head of a lord of change, which would imply she's willing to deal with multiple Gods and or deamons.
  • JellyphasJellyphas Registered Users Posts: 47

Maybe not in entirely uncharted territory actually. Even in the latest lore Morathi is shown to be an individual willing to treat with pretty much any malevolent entity she thinks will grant her power/help advance her plans. In the Sundering trilogy for instance there was a scene depicting Morathi trafficking with what appeared to be Kairos Fateweaver. Also, if you look at her in-game model: http://www.gamersbook.com/Portals/0/images/2014/Total War-Warhammer-II-Dark-Elves-1.png she seems to be wearing a hair piece shaped like the head of a lord of change, which would imply she's willing to deal with multiple Gods and or deamons.
    Could be, but it is likely that though she treats with other deities for power, I think she bargains with Slaanesh the most.
  • CaffynatedCaffynated Member Registered Users Posts: 1,203

Her crown is just a modified version of Malekith's, which is the way it is because the Iron Circlet was welded to his head. Many DE models copy his look.

Her crown is just a modified version of Malekith's, which is the way it is because the Iron Circlet was welded to his head. Many DE models copy his look.
    Not the crown, look at the end of her hair.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,645
    edited September 2017

Yeah because the need to set up the current canon where Malekith is a good guy afterall and bends the knee to Grimgor is such superior story telling. There is no circumstance Morathi, blessed and purist elf she be, would make a deal with any Dark Power. You can see examples of this when she slept with that entire Chaos tribe to get them to attack Ulthuan.

But Slaanesh? Nah, she's above that.

In other fake news the Dwarfs allied with the Chaos Dwarfs and the Skaven to build a big tunnel and railway system to the Chaos Wastes to transport Daemons straight into the heart of the Empire.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

Yeah because the current canon where Malekith is a good guy afterall and joins Grimgors Waaagh!!! is such superior story telling.

In other fake news the Dwarfs allied with the Chaos Dwarfs and the Skaven to build a big tunnel and railway system to the Chaos Wastes to transport Daemons straight into the heart of the Empire.
    To be fair, the Atharti retcon happened long before the end times became a thing.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,645

To be fair, the Atharti retcon happened long before the end times became a thing.

To be fair it only happened after GW was known to have plans to kill of WH:FB.
    "As a sandbox game everyone, without exception, should be able to play the game exactly as they see fit and that means providing the maximum scope possible." - ~UNiOnJaCk~

They were planning on killing it since the 7th edition?
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 11,851
    edited September 2017
    Well it did start smelling fishy in the Dark Elves Trailer, when Morathi wanted her son to burn everything in the world, now that she spreading Chaos Corruption in Total War, it's all come to full circle. Can't say that I am fan of CA taking Morathi to the pre-7 edition, and how it's seems to contradict with Atharti and Hekarti, who are still present in Total War.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,101
    I HOPE she's just dealing/making pacts with Chaos but still has her own end game.

If she's just a Chaos servant, that seems like a boring take on the character.

Although it does make a tad more sense why her and Malekith would fight each other in the campaign.
  • Darkened1836Darkened1836 Registered Users Posts: 260

She's literally the first bride of Khaine, the original Hag Queen and was gifted the first Cauldron of Blood by Khaine that she alone bathes in. Yeah, I don't think she was ever "only for" Slaanesh.
    Valkaar said:

I HOPE she's just dealing/making pacts with Chaos but still has her own end game.

Although it does make a tad more sense why her and Malekith would fight each other in the campaign.

My take on the character is that she's someone who is willing to deal with any and all malignant entities, be they Chaos Gods, Cytharai or whatever else, if she thinks it would suit her purposes. This seems more interesting than her being just another Chaos cultist, but we'll have to see what CA have up their sleeves.

I don't see it. It looks like a lizard. Lords of Change are vultures with a straight beak and multiple eyes.

Even if they did slap a LoC on her, it's not based on anything in her art of models.

Valkaar said:

My take on the character is that she's someone who is willing to deal with any and all malignant entities, be they Chaos Gods, Cytharai or whatever else, if she thinks it would suit her purposes. This seems more interesting than her being just another Chaos cultist, but we'll have to see what CA have up their sleeves.
    CA seems to just wanting to reuse Chaos Corruption, it's likely nothing more deep then that. :p
  • IzzyStradlinIzzyStradlin Senior Member Karaz BrynRegistered Users Posts: 11,132

She's literally the first bride of Khaine, the original Hag Queen and was gifted the first Cauldron of Blood by Khaine that she alone bathes in. Yeah, I don't think she was ever "only for" Slaanesh.
    All of which was thrown away in the Storm of Chaos expansion and replaced with Slaaneshi powers.
    "Raise them, Necromancer. Set brother against brother. Let's give our hosts something worthy of recording in their pathetic book of complaints, shall we?"

"Hawk no longer. My wings are dust and bone. I crawl through time now, like an asp."
    "You took my wings, Neferata. You made me crawl. Now I return the favour. Crawl, cousin. Crawl."

Team Elize von Carstein

For ease of memory, if we're not talking about cavalry, everything the High Elves have is better than everything the Dark Elves have.

I don't see it. It looks like a lizard. Lords of Change are vultures with a straight beak and multiple eyes.

Even if they did slap a LoC on her, it's not based on anything in her art of models.
    To me, it looks very like the Lord of Change as presented in-game (which has a curved beak and a single set of eyes). It's definitely not a lizard, it has a beak for one.

All of which was thrown away in the Storm of Chaos expansion and replaced with Slaaneshi powers.
    TT crunch-wise for the purpose of the army yes. But she still held the favour of both Khaine and Slaanesh and elements of the Cult of Khaine still swore loyalty to her over Hellebron.
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 2,583

What are you talking about the elven pantheon was introduced in 7th edition long before the ET

To me, it looks very like the Lord of Change as presented in-game (which has a curved beak and a single set of eyes). It's definitely not a lizard, it has a beak for one.
    Meant to say straight beak "or" multiple eyes. I didn't want to edit my post and have it exiled for 6 hours.

Straight beak, no horn at the end, with 2 eyes version

Horned beak with 6 eyes version

Fanged serpent. Like the Hydra.

TT crunch-wise for the purpose of the army yes. But she still held the favour of both Khaine and Slaanesh and elements of the Cult of Khaine still swore loyalty to her over Hellebron.
    There's not really any evidence for that. The fluff was that she was coming back to Naggaroth to fight the Cult of Khaine.

Team Elize von Carstein

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899
    given her backstory, "saved" from chaos, I found this more logical then any other version.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

Meant to say straight beak "or" multiple eyes. I didn't want to edit my post and have it exiled for 6 hours.

Straight beak, no horn at the end, with 2 eyes version

Horned beak with 6 eyes version

The in-game model still looks like a pretty curved beak to me.
  • bronhomsbronhoms Registered Users Posts: 1,330
    Arathi is also a dark god.

SiWI said:

given her backstory, "saved" from chaos, I found this more logical then any other version.

Saved from Chaos (not rescued like in older editions, in 8th she was saved before they captured her) and so a Chaos Cultist?

Team Elize von Carstein

• boyfightsboyfights Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,023

Yeah because the need to set up the current canon where Malekith is a good guy afterall and bends the knee to Grimgor is such superior story telling. There is no circumstance Morathi, blessed and purist elf she be, would make a deal with any Dark Power. You can see examples of this when she slept with that entire Chaos tribe to get them to attack Ulthuan.

hahaha did gw really write that?? that's amazing

anyways cheers CA for going with the good version of dark elves who don't worship aaliyah or whatever
    boyfights you are always here to confirmate every spark of originality
    or reason burns or acid bruises anyone,
    stop your gladiator love for agressions.
    Iirc in the fluff for SoC she still held the favour of Khaine but Hellebron saw the coming out of the Cult of Pleasure as a challenge to her and Khaine as the foremost god of the Dark Elves, hence the reason for the civil war brewing. However, as Morathi was herself the first Hag Queen and beloved of Khaine, there were parts of the Cult of Khaine itself that swore loyalty to her over Hellebron.

I mean, I could be wrong, its been a few years.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 10,899

SiWI said:

Saved from Chaos (not rescued like in older editions, in 8th she was saved before they captured her) and so a Chaos Cultist?
    Didn't know that they change that part as well. Still the whole stroy screams "chaos set up" even if she supposedly wasn't captured.
    And I don't see her worshiping a dark elv god, which generally speaking do next to nothing, is inherently better then a pact with slannessh.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
    boyfights said:

hahaha did gw really write that?? that's amazing

anyways cheers CA for going with the good version of dark elves who don't worship aaliyah or whatever.
    The main problem is that CA don't even goes all the way with that, so CA contradict themselves.