Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

need advice on suitable gaming pc

mel1mel1 Posts: 6Registered Users
Hi, im looking to get my boyfriend a gaming pc for christmas which he wants to play total war warhammer on. Can anybody tell me if the below gaming pc would be suitable and good enough graphics to play this on? And if its not suggest some other gaming laptops?

Acer Predator Helios 300 Intel Core I5, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD + 1TB HDD, 17.3 Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050Ti Graphics

Comments

• BrakierBrakier Posts: 1,520Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    http://www.very.co.uk/acer-predator-helios-300-intel-core-i5-16gb-ram-128gb-ssd-1tb-hdd-173-inch-full-hd-gaming-laptop-black-with-geforce-gtx-1050ti-graphics-free-rocket-league/1600202164.prd

is this the computer ? you are buying?

if so it can run it whit no problems. its a good laptop.

its very missleading when they write intel core i5 but when you check the cpu its an i7, wich is even better news.

• mel1mel1 Posts: 6Registered Users
    Yes thats the one. Its good to hear that its a good gaming laptop. So the graphics on this will be good then? And it will run total war warhammer all ok?
    Could someone please tell me if the below gaming laptop would be good enough to run total war warhammer on?

Medion Erazer P6681 Intel Core I5, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive & 128Gb SSD, 15.6 Inch Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050 4Gb Graphics
    mel1 said:

Could someone please tell me if the below gaming laptop would be good enough to run total war warhammer on?

Medion Erazer P6681 Intel Core I5, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb Hard Drive & 128Gb SSD, 15.6 Inch Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050 4Gb Graphics

gpu is good, cpu is alittle low, ram is doable. it will run okay. not as good as the other laptop, but it will be sufficent to game on.

• cool_ladcool_lad Senior Member IndiaPosts: 2,247Registered Users
    mel1 said:

Hi, im looking to get my boyfriend a gaming pc for christmas which he wants to play total war warhammer on. Can anybody tell me if the below gaming pc would be suitable and good enough graphics to play this on? And if its not suggest some other gaming laptops?

Acer Predator Helios 300 Intel Core I5, 16Gb RAM, 128Gb SSD + 1TB HDD, 17.3 Inch Full HD Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050Ti Graphics

This seems to be the better choice out of the two laptops listed. The 1050Ti is pretty well acknowledged as a very good GPU at it's price and a definite upgrade over the standard 1050.

You may also want to look at the HP Omen and Lenovo Legion laptops; they seem to offer good performance at a similar (sometimes lower) price point.
    Thanks I found this Hp omen laptop below, would this run just as good as the acer laptop above? Sorry to keep asking but I want to make sure its the right one as its a present:

HP Omen 15-Ce001na Intel® Core™ I5, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD & 128Gb SSD, 15.6 Inch PC Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics
    Could someone tell me please if the below laptop would be suitable for playing total war warhammer on? Would it run ok and would the graphics be good?

HP Omen 15-Ce001na Intel® Core™ I5, 8Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD & 128Gb SSD, 15.6 Inch PC Gaming Laptop (Black) With GeForce GTX 1050 Graphics
    edited September 2017
    yea ti will play it, the gtx 1050 2gb will struggle if you put to high graffics on, but it will play it. the cpu isent that bad.
    Post edited by Brakier on

• TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Posts: 795Registered Users
    Most settings Medium with some on High at 1080p should be fine.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • AussieGiantAussieGiant Posts: 183Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    It's a price thing. I'm sure you are asking about different laptops because there is a difference between the machines you are quoting.

The first one you mentioned...

...is the best. However probably the most expensive. The reality is you have a boyfriend that wants to play a fairly demanding game. Therefore I would go with this one if you can afford it.

The others start to get a bit marginal.
    Post edited by AussieGiant on
  • NobleGunnerNobleGunner Posts: 739Registered Users
    You would need to spend like 2k plus if you want a good one. You want 1070 graphics at least... anything else is not a gaming pc in the sense.
  • AussieGiantAussieGiant Posts: 183Registered Users
    mel1 has posted the same topic in another thread. Admin to combine?
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USAPosts: 18,181Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    edited September 2017