Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Custom or Campaign

Lord_KamionLord_Kamion Registered Users Posts: 959
So guys I have an issue I can't decide on.

I am torn between loading up a custom battle first off and putting together a mega HE army, full on glittering host, to see it al together....or waiting and playing through the campaign so when I actually have the funds to field an army like that it's even more special. Opinions?

Comments

• RandomTagRandomTag Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    HE campaign is auto-win because Sea Guard so I won't bother, HE MP battle will be interesting depends on how much patch and fix dev implemented in the eventual release build. That requires some lab rats to test it out. So I support you to start a custom battle (or better, a MP battle) first
  • TrashpirateTrashpirate Registered Users Posts: 93
    edited September 2017

So guys I have an issue I can't decide on.

I am torn between loading up a custom battle first off and putting together a mega HE army, full on glittering host, to see it al together....or waiting and playing through the campaign so when I actually have the funds to field an army like that it's even more special. Opinions?

Play a campaign! But not as the elf-things, play-play as the children of the great horned rat!
  • Itharus#3127Itharus#3127 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,402
    The Great Horny Rat? Aren't they all? The way they multiply... sheesh!
  • Canuovea#6291Canuovea#6291 Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,959
    Probably best to go for custom first. Make sure you get a grasp on everything.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • MattzoMattzo Member United KingdomRegistered Users Posts: 1,433
    Straight to campaign for me. I get bored with meaningless custom battles - I need context to my fights!
    "Everything in war is simple. But the simplest thing is difficult."
  • AdamYahyaAdamYahya Senior Member Kuala LumpurRegistered Users Posts: 3,318
    I'm just gonna continue pkaying gane 1 until blood pack for game 2 is released.
  • BuntaliciousBuntalicious Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited September 2017
    LestaT said:

So you'll play game 2 strraight away? it wont get a blood pack cause the blood pack for game 1 is the blood pack for game 2, orso i saw somewhere in their anouncements Edit: it gets patched in a day or two after. but you wont get an extra pack for game 2. all you need is the blood pack for game 1
  • FinishingLast#1402FinishingLast#1402 Registered Users Posts: 4,856

LestaT said:

So you'll play game 2 strraight away? it wont get a blood pack cause the blood pack for game 1 is the blood pack for game 2, orso i saw somewhere in their anouncements
    The same blood pack works for both games, but it won’t be working for the WH2 launch. The’ve said it will be patched in later. No word on when.
    SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."

LestaT said:

So you'll play game 2 strraight away? it wont get a blood pack cause the blood pack for game 1 is the blood pack for game 2, orso i saw somewhere in their anouncements Edit: it gets patched in a day or two after. but you wont get an extra pack for game 2. all you need is the blood pack for game 1
    Like I said, game 1 until the blood pack becomes available on game 2.
  • VincentNZVincentNZ Registered Users Posts: 953
    LestaT said:

LestaT said:

Why is that may I ask? No offense, what does the blood pack bring to the table gameplay wise that you would discard WH2 until it is patched in?
    edited September 2017
    VincentNZ said:

LestaT said:

LestaT said:

Why is that may I ask? No offense, what does the blood pack bring to the table gameplay wise that you would discard WH2 until it is patched in?
    I dont like playing without blood. In any case, I dont usually seriously playing a deep campaign at least until the first major patch came out. Even when Warhammer 1 came last time, I only started my first serious campaign after dx12 becomes available.

Before that that I keep playing my existing Attila campaign.

Not to say I wont run the game 2 when it unlocked though. Maybe just run the benchmark, or start few campaign to see eaxh faction starting position etc. But I wont seriously be playing any campaign yet to be certain.
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,169
    VincentNZ said:

LestaT said:

LestaT said:

The units look so less tasty without all the ketchup splattered on them.
    "It's no fun fighting people weaker than you." - The Beast"There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla Forum Terms & Conditions I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.