Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The case for Tilea and Estalia

13»

Comments

• ForwegForweg Registered Users Posts: 47

Andy Hall interview contradicts this one:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-ii/total-war-warhammer-kislev-araby-chaos-dwarfs-dogs-of-war

Also, he said something similar to the Rome 2 Starting factions a lot of time ago if I remember correctly.

Ok. Yeah, in one hand we have Andy Hall speaking about 17 races planned, and in another hand Ian Roxburgh is said there will be other minor factions like Norsca...
    So, I hope Ian Roxburgh is right ! And as a lot of you have stated here, it seems logical CA use their new lore freedom to flesh out those minor races.
    It's cool, the more I'm discussing with you folks, the more I think I was wrong and that's a really good point :)
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    Roxburgh was always way less sneaky and more honest of the bunch.
    Not Skaven at all!
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    Additionally Roxburgh is THE game director, so he's over Andy Hall. And it seems now that Andy Hall is contradicting himself since his interview with PartyElite back in June: (18:15)

Now he may just be referencing Norsca at this point, but since this was an interview about WH2 I'd have to imagine he had more in mind than just DLC for game 1.
  • Mad MacMad Mac Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 718
    Forweg said:

Andy Hall interview contradicts this one:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer-ii/total-war-warhammer-kislev-araby-chaos-dwarfs-dogs-of-war

Also, he said something similar to the Rome 2 Starting factions a lot of time ago if I remember correctly.

Ok. Yeah, in one hand we have Andy Hall speaking about 17 races planned, and in another hand Ian Roxburgh is said there will be other minor factions like Norsca...
    So, I hope Ian Roxburgh is right ! And as a lot of you have stated here, it seems logical CA use their new lore freedom to flesh out those minor races.
    It's cool, the more I'm discussing with you folks, the more I think I was wrong and that's a really good point :)
    It's not really that tricky. Andy Hall can say 17 races because they were saying all 16 army book races before game one even came out and then Norsca obviously pushes that to 17. If he said 18 or 19 or any number higher than 17 then it would be a huge give away that they have new non-armybook races planned and they won't do that until they are ready to announce the DLC.

Ian saying they have the freedom to make whatever is different because it confirms nothing. Also that interview was before Norsca announcement so that's mostly what they were snickering about.
  • DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,348
    edited September 2017
    One thing to add to the bunch of contradictions.

I bought an italian magazine for PC Games. It felt like reading of crippling depression.

It was a shower of what...never trust translated interviews into your own language. Words twisted and completely taken out of contest like "geomantic web"... which became something regarding geometrical architecture for cities.
    I feel sorry for the one to work at this too, but that was too much.
    I prefer to read game infos just in english.

EDIT: And it was not the first time: at the time of Rome II I was confused when I read that the Nomadic Factions could only sack and not conquer settlements. Totally untrue info and despicable.
  • ArstellandaArstellanda Registered Users Posts: 341
    edited September 2017
    This will most likely be my last post here anyway but I wanted to add that I made some corrections to the text and added a final note to address some points on the first page.

I still think that it would be nice to see it, though I admit, not through the Dogs of War alone.

Yes it would take more time to flesh out Estalia (from scratch) and Tilea (there is a lot more info compared to Estalia) but it doesn't have to be FreeLC, and there is time and space to do it. As with everything I'd prefer it to be done well even if it took 6 months to make, rather than have something hastily done in 1 month and of poor quality. Not to mention, the Southern Realms are still quite big compared to other places and relevant things actually happen there so, I don't think there is a lack of material to get things going, even if it's going to take some work.
    Post edited by Arstellanda on
    I apologise again, this will be my final post but I forgot to add that the edits were done recently due to some grammar etc. I'm sorry for the mess, and I'm sorry if some people don't agree with these ideas well that's just how it is going to be, this is just a set of ideas to show that there is a demand for this. Please, however, not a Dogs of War only DLC...
  • TRexTRex Registered Users Posts: 358
    Nearly everybody wants them and would pay...
    Before going for good, just wanted to say that with the new Skavenblight map (not wanting to get my hopes up too much but hey) it's possible they will have a look at the Southern Realms too? Hopefully...