Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will I be able to run Total War Warhammer 2??

McHubbsMcHubbs Posts: 2Registered Users
Hi,

I have played The first total war, with a Nvidia Geforce 840m, and as you can expect most (if not all) of the battles and cinematics were laggy, even on the lowest settings. I currently have an Acer Aspire V laptop, which I use for both gaming and work. So now the new game is releasing, which I obviously want to buy, I know that I might need a new laptop and therefore an updated graphics card.

I have been doing a bit of research and have looked at the Specs for Total War warhammer 2 and the cards need to be Nvidia GTX. Will I have to go GTX or will I be okay with a standard Geforce, say 945m?

I dont know much about hardware to run games, so please forgive me.

Thanks!

Comments

• IchonIchon Senior Member Posts: 4,712Registered Users
    945 is not worth buying a new laptop, you'll see barely any improvement just a bit less lag. Lowest geforce that I would consider is 965 and that would only get you to medium settings and in my opinion is still not worth the cost of a new laptop.

970M or GTX 1050Ti mobile version would be the nearest GPUs to the GTX 760 that Warhammer has in the recommended system and would be the minimum I'd think worth it spending some hundreds for a new laptop. Those will get you comfortably into medium and maybe even high with a bit less fps.
    YouTube, it takes over your mind and guides you to strange places like tutorials on how to talk to a giraffe.
  • McHubbsMcHubbs Posts: 2Registered Users
    Thanks for your reply much appreciated!!