Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rites for Mortal Empires?

AwesomeLionAwesomeLion MemberRegistered Users Posts: 1,281
I can't find an answer to this. Will we have rites for mortal empires (not to be confused with rituals). To be extra clear, the rites are those faction specific that you can trigger for a cost and has nothing to do with the vortex or rituals.

I tried googling and searching the forum, but couldn't find anything specifically on this. Anyone heard anything on this? Thanks for any help in figuring this out.
Total War: Warhammer <3

Comments

• KrabbzKrabbz FranceRegistered Users Posts: 494
    No answers anywhere yet, but Old World races would be pretty dull if they don't have rites or the cool stuff new races got in TWWH2.
  • PetromirPetromir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,157
    Not a huge amount of Mortal Empires info about, seems to be mostly being held for the marketing push for its own release.
  • saberslash117saberslash117 Registered Users Posts: 223
    Why would they have rites? The rites are specifically tied to the Great Vortex.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989

that are the rituals... the rites are things that makes that race special, like calling in plague or appeasing a certain god of they pantheon.

common mistake ;)
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2017
    Well lizard men and Dark elves have to get rites for the mortal empires campaign, since both factions have their units hidden behind rites. (Namely Black Arks and Slan mages)

For the game one races in the mortal empires campaign it will be very cool to get rites, as an example maybe summon a greater demon for chaos or make one of your heroes into demon prince? However I think it will be highly unlikely.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Edinburgh, ScotlandRegistered Users Posts: 5,367
    I would love to see Rites for Old World Races, just what VC could get from it, and maybe some unique Lord or Hero.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • ShermanSherman Member Registered Users Posts: 937

What rites you want to see for Empire? Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, Shallya?
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989
    Sherman said:

What rites you want to see for Empire? Sigmar, Ulric, Morr, Shallya?

"rite of Knighthood"

gains A Grandt Master as genric Lord chocie added to the que.

Maybe the man, Hellborg, himself.

"rite of the hunt"
    Markus Wulfhart joins you to hunt down monsters for you in and outside of the battle.

"rite of the warrior priest"
    Luthor Huss shows the enemies of Sigma "wo der Hammer hängt" (spoilers: in their face).

"rite of progress"
    a technicus gets recruitable.

Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,282
    I'm pretty sure the old races will get rites. I seem to remember that being mentioned in one of the posts in the recent patches. Probably the last one because it also updated some of the traits for the older factions to make them more balanced with recent changes.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • Ol_NessieOl_Nessie Registered Users Posts: 4,310
    dreagon said:

I'm pretty sure the old races will get rites. I seem to remember that being mentioned in one of the posts in the recent patches. Probably the last one because it also updated some of the traits for the older factions to make them more balanced with recent changes.

If you're referring to this blog post https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires, they said this about updates to the Old World; "What’s more, Mortal Empires will carry over many of the features of Warhammer II’s Eye of the Vortex campaign you may’ve seen us talking about in recent months. These include (deep breath): rogue armies, ranged breath-attacks for all dragons, treasure hunting, encounters at sea, storms, shallows and reefs, a whacking great number of UI refinements and improvements, 8 and 10-slot cities, chokepoint maps and, of course, universal territory capture and climate suitability mechanics."

I noticed a suspicious lack of mention concerning rites in there. So maybe it's something they're not doing, maybe it's coming later, or maybe they forgot to mention it.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,281
    ben8vtedu said:

I noticed a suspicious lack of mention concerning rites in there. So maybe it's something they're not doing, maybe it's coming later, or maybe they forgot to mention it.

Pretty much this is what has me worried.
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 775
    ben8vtedu said:

dreagon said:

If you're referring to this blog post https://www.totalwar.com/blog/mortal-empires, they said this about updates to the Old World; "What’s more, Mortal Empires will carry over many of the features of Warhammer II’s Eye of the Vortex campaign you may’ve seen us talking about in recent months. These include (deep breath): rogue armies, ranged breath-attacks for all dragons, treasure hunting, encounters at sea, storms, shallows and reefs, a whacking great number of UI refinements and improvements, 8 and 10-slot cities, chokepoint maps and, of course, universal territory capture and climate suitability mechanics."

Uh-oh. But wait...

Rites are part of the UI. There we have it.

I should start a new "confirmed" thread, quickly!
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 946
    edited September 2017
    Pretty sure I did see/hear it mentioned somewhere that specifically the game 2 races WOULD have rites, but not rituals in mortal empires.

I think it was before the "Mortal Empires" name was announced. Can't remember where I saw it though.

Its possible it was a prediction from one of the streamers and not CA official though.

MercytheMad on Youtube
    Obviously we will know in due time, but I think it's something that would be nice to know before release so those who haven't bought the game yet know what they get when buying the game
    From today's stream:

Moderator lori_ca: @awesomelionsaurus @mighty_revan47 @horski87 we have no current plan to add rites for the older factions in the Mortal Empires campaign.

So new ones will have I guess?
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Muster armies of ....ed off Dwarfs and Empire State Troopers! Storm CAs HQ!
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Yes I read that, that's sad.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    To go with a "meme"

Old World - where's the love?

Empire - Where's the love?

Dwarfs - where's the love?

Does CA Hate the Old World factions?

Does CA hate the Empire?

Does CA hate the Dwarfs?
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

We are in a world without love, that's the sad truth. :(

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • BrunelliImperoBrunelliImpero Registered Users Posts: 134

To go with a "meme"

Does CA hate the Empire?

Does CA hate the Dwarfs?

Why do you have reassumed GS, WE, WoC, VC, norsca, bretonnia , BM as Old World faction while Empire and dwarves not? Are these two factions more important?

To go with a "meme"

Does CA hate the Empire?

Does CA hate the Dwarfs?

Why do you have reassumed GS, WE, WoC, VC, norsca, bretonnia , BM as Old World faction while Empire and dwarves not? Are these two factions more important?
    the Empire got the least love in terms of FLC and the Dwarfs are considered to be the Worst MP faction...

(meanwhile VC got hte most FLC love...)

also, as matter of fact, Dwarfs and Empire also fall under "Old world factions"

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    Never underestimate CA's ability to disappoint.

die about it

Please CA, give the Old World factions rites too! Don't do it like Wargaming, barely dusting off some of their olderlines in their F2P games, just to have the new ones be (mostly) better and shinier!

The Rites can give quite powerful bonuses... so what from the old factions (aside maybe Grombrindals ancestor mechanic) should compare to them?

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Please CA, give the Old World factions rites too! Don't do it like Wargaming, barely dusting off some of their olderlines in their F2P games, just to have the new ones be (mostly) better and shinier!

The Rites can give quite powerful bonuses... so what from the old factions (aside maybe Grombrindals ancestor mechanic) should compare to them?

Actually some mechanic could be simply converted to rites, to have more sense.
    Sherman said:

Actually some mechanic could be simply converted to rites, to have more sense.
    Which ones? Waaghs and Brayheards? Raise Dead? Well, maybe the Blood Kiss... Grombrindals Ancestor mechanic should, imho, stick with him

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

Maybe rites are simply things for the "vortex" races that actually is involved also in rituals (Even if not in the mortal empires campaign). The option are two, the other other races will have something unique or sightly reworked, or are bare the same.
    how about we collect some ideas for Rites? Even if it doesn't lead anywhere, it could be funny atleast...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,438

To get an Black Ark or Slann is specifically tied to the Great Vortex, I don't think so, and the Empire have it's own Pantheon, so it's make sense for them to get their own Gods Rites.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Pantheon
    Tayvar said:

To get an Black Ark or Slann is specifically tied to the Great Vortex, I don't think so, and the Empire have it's own Pantheon, so it's make sense for them to get their own Gods Rites.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Pantheon
    you don't even have to tie the Rites to the Pantheon (though if there was a Middenland faction, having a Sigmar rite for Reikland and an Ulric rite for Middenheim would be rather fitting), The Skaven also have "schemes" instead of "rites"

So maybe something involving the Colleges of Magic or School of Engineering for the Empire?

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'