Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rites for Mortal Empires?

Comments

• TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,429

Tayvar said:

Why would they have rites? The rites are specifically tied to the Great Vortex.

To get an Black Ark or Slann is specifically tied to the Great Vortex, I don't think so, and the Empire have it's own Pantheon, so it's make sense for them to get their own Gods Rites.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Old_World_Pantheon
    you don't even have to tie the Rites to the Pantheon (though if there was a Middenland faction, having a Sigmar rite for Reikland and an Ulric rite for Middenheim would be rather fitting), The Skaven also have "schemes" instead of "rites"

So maybe something involving the Colleges of Magic or School of Engineering for the Empire?
    Yes it can work too, CA can go with that either way, if they would put some work into that.
  • Arthas_MenethilArthas_Menethil Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,037
    edited September 2017
    Well the Empire's going to be worse off with all these factions with unique mechanics where their own has became outdated when the Wood Elves got a better version of it.
    So...the Light's vaunted justice has finally arrived. Shall I lay down Frostmourne and throw myself at your mercy, Fordring?

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693

Well the Empire's going to be worse off with all these factions with unique mechanics where their own has became outdated when the Wood Elves got a better version of it.

mhm... Clearly, CA hates the Empire! :tongue:
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,765

they really need to properly visit old factions sometime atleast woc will get be reworked in game 3 maybe beastmen not sure about others

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,693

they really need to properly visit old factions sometime atleast woc will get be reworked in game 3 maybe beastmen not sure about others
    Clearly, we need to send the Witch Hunters on a visit to CA!
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 775

From today's stream:

Moderator lori_ca: @awesomelionsaurus @mighty_revan47 @horski87 we have no current plan to add rites for the older factions in the Mortal Empires campaign.

So new ones will have I guess?

Immensely disappointing, if true.

But the Wood Elves would lose their gimmick of being the only faction who can conquer everywhere, so I am not sure that the Empire would suffer the most in the Mortal Empires Campaign.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,939
    I hope CA will change their mind on that. Rites seem easy to implement, quite loreful and an interesting gameplay option. If the old races don't get it,while the new races yes, that would be sad and lazy really.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    Pr4vda said:

I hope CA will change their mind on that. Rites seem easy to implement, quite loreful and an interesting gameplay option. If the old races don't get it,while the new races yes, that would be sad and lazy really.

And it's likely to add to the power creep, yes everyone should have the rites there, or none.
  • carnotauruscarnotaurus Registered Users Posts: 295
    Gonna jump in here. To be clear, there is no plan right now. That does not rule anything out for the future.
    We want to actually see how everyone responds to the various mechanics in WH2 when the game is released and everyone can play. Until then, everything is speculation. Speculation is cool, it's great so see what people think of the mechanics ahead of release and all the theory crafting that goes on. But actually playing the game is a different thing. And we hope that you love what we've made.
    Rites are great, and they help perform a few special functions. They're a great mechanic for putting a lock on things like Slann and Black Arks for example. I've seen someone on Reddit say this could work well for Steam Tanks as well, and that is a cool idea! It doesn't however mean automatically they are what the WH1 races need. Internally we recognise that a few of the WH1 races are not as mechanically as exciting now as the newer stuff. In a way this means we are getting better at our job, and that's great! But, we recognise this is something we want to address when we have the ability to do so.
    Hope that clears that up a little. Please do keep making suggestions and throwing out ideas, we love to read them
    SamM_CA on reddit.
  • GrotbaggGrotbagg Registered Users Posts: 254
    Personally I dont think they have to transfer the whole rites thing to the mortal empires campaign, but Black Arks is a big thing for the Dark Elves for example, if they would not be avaliable in the mega campaign somehow that'd be abig letdown for me.
  • MerciiMercii Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 944
    @koaxial thanks for link!

In same thread Sam also says:

SamM_CACreative Assembly • 1h
    They will exist in the Mortal Empires campaign for the WH2 races as they do in the Vortex campaign. So you will still use rites to get Black Arks, etc.
    MercytheMad on Youtube
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 7,089
    edited September 2017
    In today's Morathi stream they confirmed NO RITES in Mortal Empires.
  • SecuterSecuter Senior Member Denmark, Aarhus.Registered Users Posts: 2,382
    The Mortal Empires should not have rites. It is a new world thing. They should have something else, something interesting in another way.
    edited September 2017
    Secuter said:

The Mortal Empires should not have rites. It is a new world thing. They should have something else, something interesting in another way.

"Rites" are not just a new world thing (aside from current Gameplay POV)...pretty much every friggin religion in Warhammer has rites... most factions have Races...

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 7,089

Secuter said:

"Rites" are not just a new world thing (aside from current Gameplay POV)...pretty much every friggin religion in Warhammer has rites... most factions have Races...
    I agree, since we won't get them in this incarnation of the Mega Map it would be a cool add in the Ultra Mega Map when TWWH3 comes out. I'm still hoping for a Vortex Light campaign for the final TWWH 3 Ultra Mega Map campaign.
    Secuter said:

You can claim the same about Regional Occupation, changing something in Part 2, don't means that it's not fit for Part 1. Also you need to have both games to play Mortal Empires anyway.
  • DaGangsterDaGangster Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,740
    I also find it strange, I could have sworn I read in a article those were being added to the old but they might have been mistaken.

Team Vampire Counts

"Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game."

- Soren Johnson
    OdTengri said:

In today's Morathi stream they confirmed NO RITES in Mortal Empires.

It's a shame, but I can't say that I am surprised, as it's an Charlemagne's approved decision.
  • dreagondreagon Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,275
    I would at the very least like some generic rites for the old factions. A bit like the countries in Hearts of Iron IV that don't have their own unique national focus tree. Those countries have a fairly solid but boring focus tree that's the same for everyone.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
  • MakoTheMakoMakoTheMako Registered Users Posts: 1,246
    "We would like to get back to the older factions if we are able to."

Professional noncommittal answer from CA, which means they'll never get back to it, and the power creep of content is only going to get worse, with ever newer content continuing to outshine and tarnish older content.

die about it

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    Axikus said:

From today's stream:

Moderator lori_ca: @awesomelionsaurus @mighty_revan47 @horski87 we have no current plan to add rites for the older factions in the Mortal Empires campaign.

Really now?
    To be disappointed, you need to first have expectations. I expect nothing but for CA to completely ignore the first game and it's factions except but to do the most superficial touch ups to APPEAR as though they listen to feedback.

Game development is a business.

die about it

• MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    So the delay on CA's part, and the refusal to show the map just makes me undervalue the combined map a little bit more.
    Be sure to buy my new book: Prerelease Pessimism As A Defense Mechanism, A Guide For Gamers

Coming never.

die about it

• AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,281

Gonna jump in here. To be clear, there is no plan right now. That does not rule anything out for the future.
    We want to actually see how everyone responds to the various mechanics in WH2 when the game is released and everyone can play. Until then, everything is speculation. Speculation is cool, it's great so see what people think of the mechanics ahead of release and all the theory crafting that goes on. But actually playing the game is a different thing. And we hope that you love what we've made.
    Rites are great, and they help perform a few special functions. They're a great mechanic for putting a lock on things like Slann and Black Arks for example. I've seen someone on Reddit say this could work well for Steam Tanks as well, and that is a cool idea! It doesn't however mean automatically they are what the WH1 races need. Internally we recognise that a few of the WH1 races are not as mechanically as exciting now as the newer stuff. In a way this means we are getting better at our job, and that's great! But, we recognise this is something we want to address when we have the ability to do so.
    Hope that clears that up a little. Please do keep making suggestions and throwing out ideas, we love to read them
    SamM_CA on reddit.

Thanks for letting us know @SamM_CA - hopefully you will look into the possibility of adding rites to all factions as it would make the old faction feel a lot fresher and up to date with the new ones (as they seem more and more bland as you guys add more content which says something good about the new stuff you are making, but also something bad about the old stuff you are leaving behind). I hope this decision will be re-considered as I was looking very much forward to seeing what you guys would do with old races rites =)

And on closing note - you should make sure to get that CA stamp thingy on your forum user, as it would be very beneficial to highlight posts you make ;)
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • AxikusAxikus Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 775
    MrJade said:

Axikus said:

From today's stream:

Really now?
    Yeah, Jade, really. I feared that the combined campaign would turn out to be a confusing stitchjob of both games with no uniformity and featurecreep apparent. That's one step in the direction. We shall see how the rest of it goes, but this start is not inspiring.

It will obviosly be a beta-test of the combined campaign that we're signing up for. The Mortal Empires blog post kind of diplomatically describes it as such, as well as SamM_CA's comment on reddit.
  • TyrionLamperougeTyrionLamperouge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 268
    I think they will sell it in the third game as a brand new feature for the exclusive big map campaign.
    Available for "free" as flc if you buy all the games.
    For flc for 2 game i expect the missing magic lores for elves and lizarmen (no new model just reskins and the lores that are already implemented) and the brand new mods tools after a few moths that will be the same as game 1.
  • BrakierBrakier Registered Users Posts: 1,756
    PEOPLE of the thread, hear me

We need to push for this, this is not my style, but i was sure and hyped for rites for all factions as it adds alot of nice flavour to the factions, we need to make threads when mortal empires arrive and say we want rites, i saw lori saying it was not planned yesterday and i was really suprised couse i was 100% sure they would get it as rites seem like alot of fun, im not saying that every race needs to have some new unit for a rite , im just saying that rites adds flavour and we love them.

So go out and spread the message, we want rites, but wait untill mortal empires is out, being premature in this will not gain ous anything.