Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Rites for Mortal Empires?

13»

Comments

• Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,067
    I really don't understand that. The new world races will have so more interest and upgrades / advantages than the old world races. Especially in versus campaign.

"Hey, I can have free growth and upkeep bonuses for 10 turns !"
    " hey, I have one guy in an office giving +1 public order in my lands !"

Huge gap. CA could balance the things here and put all the factions at the same power level and interest level. Do it CA please, think about that :)
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,705
    Well, it isn't free as you have to pay for it but...

Empire, tie the rites to the offices. Something for wizards? Require Patriarch Office of certain level. One for high level Cavalry or public order? Reiksmarshal. Cleanse Corruption and increase warrior priest/witch hunter recruitment level? Arch Lector. Reducing enemy agent action chance while in your territory? Spymaster.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,438
    Canuovea said:

Empire, tie the rites to the offices. Something for wizards? Require Patriarch Office of certain level. One for high level Cavalry or public order? Reiksmarshal. Cleanse Corruption and increase warrior priest/witch hunter recruitment level? Arch Lector. Reducing enemy agent action chance while in your territory? Spymaster.

The rites are clearly not an faction specific feature in Total War, all the factions in Part 2 have them.
  • DodanodoDodanodo Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 353
    Ive made a thread in the suggestions forum where we could compile ideas for Old World Rites.

Feel free to add your own
  • TalosXTalosX Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 151
    Well so far, the lack of updates for Old World factions is easily the biggest issue I have with the game going into Mortal Empires! If the Old World isn't getting rites, that leaves them a step behind the New World factions that can use them. Now I'm curious just how much balancing/updating the Old World factions will even receive. Their skill trees for LL, Lords, and Heroes are far more restrictive, and not nearly as comprehensive. If these are updated, we might as well put a nail in the coffin for the Old World races. Then when TWW3 finally hits, it's likely the New World races will be curb-sided as well!

I honestly think I'm going to have to re-evaluate my decision to support the franchise. Which is sad because I love Total War games and the Warhammer universe. But I'm not going to continue dropping money on all these games and DLCs if they're going to ignore core factions. This is obviously just my opinion, but I know if I don't buy the newer DLCs and games, neither will my core group of gaming friends.

Let's hope CA comes to understand how big of a mistake not updating the Older factions will be.
  • CanuoveaCanuovea Registered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 15,705
    Tayvar said:

Canuovea said:

The rites are clearly not an faction specific feature in Total War, all the factions in Part 2 have them.
    What?

Yes, but each rite has a certain requirement that needs to be met, don't they? You can't just access all of them from the beginning. Linking Empire Rites to their Offices just makes sense.
    -Forum Terms and Conditions: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest
    -New Rules: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287645/new-forum-rules#latest
    -Rules FAQ: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/287650/total-war-forum-faq#latest
    -Using all caps is the equivalent of shouting. Please don't.
    -5.7 Summon a moderator if someone seems to be out of line, or use the report button. Do NOT become another party to misbehaviour
  • TayvarTayvar Registered Users Posts: 12,438
    TalosX said:

Well so far, the lack of updates for Old World factions is easily the biggest issue I have with the game going into Mortal Empires! If the Old World isn't getting rites, that leaves them a step behind the New World factions that can use them. Now I'm curious just how much balancing/updating the Old World factions will even receive. Their skill trees for LL, Lords, and Heroes are far more restrictive, and not nearly as comprehensive. If these are updated, we might as well put a nail in the coffin for the Old World races. Then when TWW3 finally hits, it's likely the New World races will be curb-sided as well!

I honestly think I'm going to have to re-evaluate my decision to support the franchise. Which is sad because I love Total War games and the Warhammer universe. But I'm not going to continue dropping money on all these games and DLCs if they're going to ignore core factions. This is obviously just my opinion, but I know if I don't buy the newer DLCs and games, neither will my core group of gaming friends.

Let's hope CA comes to understand how big of a mistake not updating the Older factions will be.

CA did updated that Old World's Factions an little not long ago, but it's sure would not be enough for them to keep up with the New World's Factions, I hope that CA would put more work in it, as a power creep would hurt the quality of the whole trilogy.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,674
    Judging from my limited experience as a modder, it looks like something that can be added by us. No new models, very little graphics, just stats. If the tables are compiled like those of Warhammer 1, shouldn't be a problem.
  • TalosXTalosX Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 151
    Tayvar said:

CA did updated that Old World's Factions an little not long ago, but it's sure would not be enough for them to keep up with the New World's Factions, I hope that CA would put more work in it, as a power creep would hurt the quality of the whole trilogy.

I am aware of the update they did a while ago. While I enjoyed the updates, you're right when you say those fall considerably short of matching the New World factions. I'm still holding out some hope that they'll realize if they want to maintain even a semblance of faction balance, they're going to need to do more for the older factions.
  • MrJadeMrJade Senior Member Lansing, MIRegistered Users Posts: 7,165
    There's a good chance that CA just sells out to power creep. There is a noticeable amount of work to put in to simply balance the stats of all factions against each other. I think that rites would help, but honestly I'm only expecting bad things from the ME map at this point.