Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Does Mortal Empires requires both Warhammers to be on same hard drives?

King333King333 Junior MemberPosts: 76Registered Users
Just wanted to ask if its possible if Steam can detect the 2 games if one is in C drive & the other D drive, cause my Warhammer 1 is on D drive & maybe I might install Warhammer 2 on my SSD C drive for faster load speeds.

Another question is what is the required size of Warhammer 2 base game without the DLC?

My SSD only has 50 + GB currently, so dunno if it's enough.

Thanks!

Comments

• corvocorvo Junior Member SpainPosts: 2,765Registered Users
    edited September 2017
    Mortal Empires campaign NO need WARHAMMER 1 Installed.
    Team Skavens

"Brother Skavens! Consider this... Until the coming of Vermek Skab, the Council of Thirteen placed me in command of this army"
    - Grey Seer Thanquol, ruthlessly taking command of the Nuln Invasion force
  • King333King333 Junior Member Posts: 76Registered Users
    Then that means you only need Warhammer 2 installed & just download the FLC Mortal Empires?

Am I right?
  • KrabbzKrabbz FrancePosts: 332Registered Users
    Damn there are 10 threads like this every day...
    Cause SSDs are damn expensive so I had to make sure....

I really can't stand 2.5mins of loading into a campaign game any longer...

It's such a waste of time.
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Posts: 285Registered Users
    You only need Warhammer 2 installed. Steam will detect that you own game 1 and will assign the flc content to Warhammer 2 when it becomes available. You don't need to even keep warhammer 1 installed.
    Team Lizardmen
    So it's probably an auto FLC download then? Cool!!

So is the 60 GB hard disk space requirement for game 2 & all its DLCs including Mortal Empires?

My SSD space is Super tiny & I can barely squeeze out the 60 GB.
  • bawzzzbawzzz Posts: 98Registered Users
    Oh wow, I hope people are not making the same mistae as you ahah. Of course you don't need the first installed.
  • Blueeyesgirl3Blueeyesgirl3 Posts: 285Registered Users
    King333 said:

So it's probably an auto FLC download then? Cool!!

So is the 60 GB hard disk space requirement for game 2 & all its DLCs including Mortal Empires?

My SSD space is Super tiny & I can barely squeeze out the 60 GB.

60gb is how big it's predicted to be once ALL DLC is released so you should be fine for the first while!
    Team Lizardmen
    Thanks Blueeyesgirl13.

Guess I might need to pre-load to my D drive first & try to transfer from there.

For game 3, I probably need to get another SSD....
  • Pasha12Pasha12 Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited August 15
    There's alot of thread are formed on the topic of external hard drive space and other issue of Hard disks why don't you looked at them first you will definitely find out the way that will work for you and can solve your issue.
    Post edited by Pasha12 on