Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

In ProgressGame won't launch

DerxiusDerxius Registered Users Posts: 12
edited October 2017 in Crashes
Hi there, sorry I'm very new to the forums.

I cannot launch TWW2 or the first game for some reason. I click play on steam, it loads for a few seconds then says "syncing" and just doesn't start. I can't even bring the launcher up.

I tried all the solutions I could that were advised; renaming the file, preferences, updating drivers, removing mods but nothing worked. However SOMETIMES when I verify game cache it says 2 files failed to validate and would be reacquired. It appears to be the same issue and every time I want to play I have to verify the cache first.

So does this mean the same files are being lost all the time? How to I stop this from happening? The first game worked fine until a few days ago and the second game has the same issue now.

Thanks

EDIT: Nobody had this issue or one similar? Still having the issue and am constantly reacquiring files but don't know which ones
Post edited by CA_Nate on

Comments

• Blackfang84Blackfang84 Registered Users Posts: 6
    I Have the same Problem
    I deleted steam itself and reinstall everything and nothing changed

Just dont know what to now
    All the fiddling with files and updating without any change
    No response from any support is depressing
  • DerxiusDerxius Registered Users Posts: 12

I Have the same Problem
    I deleted steam itself and reinstall everything and nothing changed

Just dont know what to now
    All the fiddling with files and updating without any change
    No response from any support is depressing

Yeah I tried everything in the troubleshooting list they supplied but it didn't change anything, it's affecting both games and I don't know what else to do
  • Blackfang84Blackfang84 Registered Users Posts: 6
    I just started the game

throu the gamefiles
    F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II

i did this before
    dont know why ist working now
  • ThaneMurthor12ThaneMurthor12 Registered Users Posts: 490
    Same for me, I play the game, then I exit the game, but then I cannot launch the launcher anymore to get into the game, so I run the Game validation cache and for Warhammer 2 it says 3 files were missing and had to be re-downloaded, while for Warhammer 1 it says only 1 file. But still this issue is really annoying the hell out of me!!!

I also reinstalled Steam and it did not solve a thing, so its not a steam issue, its a game issue.

both Warhammer 2 and Warhammer 1 are affected with this bug and its a fiasco!!!

Khazukan Kazakit-ha!

"In the centuries I have been the High King, our enemies have thought us weak, cowards hiding in the deepest, darkest places. Heh, fools! Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, etched in blood! Clan Gurnisson! Karak Eight-Peaks! Josef Bugman! The Urks must pay, Let them come..."

"One wrong put right, yet the Great Book of Grudges...remains full..."

- High King Thorgrim Grudgebearer.

We could use some help CA!!!!!
  • CameronMcFaddenCameronMcFadden Registered Users Posts: 2
    Exact same issue here. Been working on fixes for 2 days now. reinstall steam, reinstall both games, deleting folders, deleting/replacing files, updating gpu drivers, updating windows, scanning through pages of google results that keep referring me to the same sega support page with a bunch of solutions that havent worked. Just gave up on fixing Warhammer 1 and bought Warhammer 2 today only to find the exact same issue affecting both games. feelsbadman.
    Yeah I think we've all tried everything on the SEGA support page to no avail. I sincerely hope someone comes along soon to help us!
  • kjetil03kjetil03 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    The game wont launch anymore. It worked fine untill yesterday. The launcher works fine but when i click play nothing happens.
  • Simon86Simon86 Registered Users Posts: 18
    Same Problem Here!!! CA do something!!!
  • CameronMcFaddenCameronMcFadden Registered Users Posts: 2
    OK, so I got Warhammer 2 to work, but Warhammer 1 is still busted. Running Warhammer 2 as admin did the trick.
    Tried it as Admin, dont help...
    edited October 2017
    Dont know what CA is doing, i had this bug one year before with part 1. But this time i simple cant solve it.
    I got a Workaround solution. I can play part 2 over the library icon in the Explorer. Works but the sinc problem is still existing. Part 1 doesnt work complete anymore...
    My Warhammer 2 seems to work if I click the exe. in explorer but I cannot get the launcher to work at all. Neither of the games will launch like they're supposed to. Been like this since launch with no help thus far -_-
    edited October 2017
    Same with me Bro, i will tell you what the Sega Support told me if i can get it running. Can anyone see the DLCs Races from Game 1 in fast Battles? Is this supposed to be? I am really disappointed that CA und Sega are relasing a broken Game and gave us Zero Support. At the moment i dont recommend this Game to anyone.

Edit: So CA & Sega, really? No Support? No answer? Just a simple line from an Admin like “Dear Players, i have to walk the Dog (or take tha garbage out), after that you will get help! We are working on it!“... would be enough.
    Post edited by Simon86 on
  • kjetil03kjetil03 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3
    I got mine to work! I have nvidia graphics card. If you do, check if you can open nvidia control panel. I got the following error message: "you are not currently using a display attachet to an nvidia gpu". By opening display settings (right click on desktop and choose display settings (or something like this, mine is in norwegian)) and restoring defaults i got it to work again. I can now enter both nvidia control panel and the game works. Hope this helps someone else aswell!
    Guys, not SOLVED yet as such but something that appears to be working for now and may help you:

After speaking with SEGA support, I uninstalled steam, cleansed my PC of any files related to Warhammer or steam including the Creative Assembly app data folder. I then uninstalled the vcredist 2015 (both), reinstalled steam and both TW Warhammer games which as of now seem to be working through the launcher as normal.

I will update tomorrow as to whether it seems to be a permanent fix.
    edited October 2017
    Same for me, it works with total war warhammer 2, but the sega support cant get part 1 working. If want to to start total war warhammer 1 via launcher i get told that warhammer 1 is already running. :|

CA & Sega, please fix this with an permanent Update. Support has no solution again.
  • FilRadFilRad Registered Users Posts: 2
    I have the same problem with my TW Warhammer 2 - after few days of playing normally I couldn't launch TW Warhammer2 anymore.

Steam was displaying me synchronizing status for a moment and nothing happened. The game couldn't launch. I was struggling with this two days, updating and settings things right and without any hope for the solution I delete the "Warhammer2" folder from Appdata/Creative Assembly and uninstalled TW Warhammer 2. After downloading it again from Steam the game worked perfectly for 1,5 day and crashed again.

Are you guys serious!?

And still no answer from CA in related topics...
    edited October 2017
    The Sega Support told me to deactivate my Firewall and my Antivirus if i want to play it. :D

If CA and Sega doesnt fix this, i dont buy any other Total War or a Sega product again. But thats just my opinion. I think its okay to spend 60 Euro for a game, but if get no Support after nearly one Week it shows that the Publisher isnt interested in helping their players. Thats just in a relase period.

Dear Players, feel happy and enjoy it, if you can run this game without any problems.
    edited October 2017
    So an update;

NO RESPONSE from CA which I find quite frankly appalling. To not even acknowledge and want to fix a game that people have paid money for (in my case £110) is ridiculous.

I have been talking to a guy from SEGA support who was less than helpful, suggesting things I had told him I've already tried.

BOTH GAMES SEEM TO BE WORKING FOR NOW VIA THE LAUNCHER. I performed the below steps myself, unsure what if anything made them work but you could try it too:
    I uninstalled all of my games one by one AND THEN uninstalled Steam

Then I deleted the APPDATA folder for Creative Assembly (also searched my PC for any warhammer related files and deleted them too)

I then UNINSTALLED the vcredist 2015 (both of them)

Then reinstall Steam and both games and they appeared to work via the launcher as normal

Unrelated but make sure you also reinstall the vcredists you uninstalled as this may affect other games laucnhing. I have been playing Warhammers 1 and 2 for a couple of days now without issue having followed this method.

That it even came to this is ludicrous and I shouldn't have had to do this to make the games work. My faith in a company I have paid hundreds of pounds to is utterly shaken by the horrific lack of communication.

Let me know how you get on if you try it guys
  • CoffeeAndToastCoffeeAndToast Registered Users Posts: 60
    Glad to hear it seems to be working, although I found my game worked again for about 5 hours after the first time it was crashing consistently, only for it to then develop the same problems again.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, but what exactly do you mean by uninstalling/reinstalling the vcredists? I've found the folder, do you mean just deleting/re-pasting the files, or running the files, or...?
    edited October 2017

Glad to hear it seems to be working, although I found my game worked again for about 5 hours after the first time it was crashing consistently, only for it to then develop the same problems again.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, but what exactly do you mean by uninstalling/reinstalling the vcredists? I've found the folder, do you mean just deleting/re-pasting the files, or running the files, or...?

I mean going to your control panel - programs - uninstall or change - find the vcredist 2015 (both versions) - right click and uninstall

(On Windows 10 you can right click your windows icon and click "control panel")

You can the reinstall them from within the game files of TWW2 or by googling vcredist and finding the download link
    edited October 2017
    Im not willing to do an complete reinstall of all my Steam content, because i dont have the best Internet connection. If i do this i am downloading for the next few years and im able to play when im granddad. :/

I got my Warhammer 2 running with reinstalling both vcredist datas (2015). But i simple cant get part one running.

Its been a week since relase and ca & sega dont cares about support... The only lucky thing i have is: “hey im living in upper bavaria, we got some damn good beer“ ;)
  • FilRadFilRad Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited October 2017
    Guys but we didn't bough this game to install/uninstall it every time when we want to play it. This is ridiculous.

By the way I did the same steps and problem with lunching started again couple of days ago.

Sega support completely ignored me by providing me some link with steps which I already knew. I don't know what CA is doing. It seems to me that the test phase wasn't sufficient and they launched not fully tested product.

I mean this is the worst User Experience ever related to any premiere. I'm so disappointed right now and I was really waiting for that game.

I will wait for fixes/updates because I'm not going to install/uninstall this game every time when I want to invade freaking Ulthuan. This is insane.

@Simon86 Maybe I will visit Bavaria and buy couple crates of that damn good beer to cheer me up ;)
    Post edited by FilRad on
    FilRad said:

Guys but we didn't bough this game to install/uninstall it every time when we want to play it. This is ridiculous.

By the way I did the same steps and problem with lunching started again couple of days ago.

Sega support completely ignored me by providing me some link with steps which I already knew. I don't know what CA is doing. It seems to me that the test phase wasn't sufficient and they launched not fully tested product.

I mean this is the worst User Experience ever related to any premiere. I'm so disappointed right now and I was really waiting for that game.

Yep I'm with you there. Seems to still be working for me (both games) but I will be closely monitoring it over the next couple of days. I am absolutely furious with CAs apparent lack of communication.

Bearing in mind I posted this original issue ON LAUNCH DAY and STILL nobody has got back to me. All I ever got was "go ask SEGA" (who are useless).

I love the game when I can play it but this seriously needs to be fixed.
    I made the same experiences with Sega. I think this Thread gets closed by an Admin before we get an simple answer from CA. :/
  • Earl91Earl91 Registered Users Posts: 2
    So I contacted Support and was told to verify the game files. After running the verification I was able to play, but then it would lose a file and stop working again, so I had to re-verify. After doing this 5 or 6 times the issue seemed to completely resolve itself. (The number of files missing went from 3 to 2 to 1 over the course of several errors). I've been playing for three days now with no issues. I have no idea why this worked, but if you can get the game to launch by running the verify function the issue may resolve itself.

As with everyone I'm disappointed by the lack of official recognition of this problem. If you're an Admin or a Support Team member please respond to this thread, just to let everyone know that someone is aware of this issue.
    edited October 2017
    I am at the point now, where the Sega Support is repeating his not working solutions. :D

This could be so funny wouldnt there be the fact that this game is NOT WORKING!

Edit: Anyone got the “game is already running“ bug at the launcher too?
  • blackburn11blackburn11 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited October 2017
    Worked 3 days ago, did not work 2 days ago, worked yesterday, does not work today. What's up with these untested patches? This problem is occuring waaaay too frequently.

Worked this morning, stopped working this afternoon after a small game patch.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file