Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredWaiting for players...

mbowen89mbowen89 Registered Users Posts: 14
edited September 2017 in Multiplayer Bugs
Playing head to head campaign on hard, I am lizardmen and friend is skaven. After he does his turn, then I finish my turn and it goes through all the AI plays it stops on Clar Karond and brings up a Waiting for players... box and we have to force close the game. We tried changing who hosted, same issue. Both on Win10.

I'll try seeing what happens if he changes factions, but this is disappointing :(

Edit: I chose Mazdamundi again, he chose a different skaven faction, and it did it again.

Edit 2: We chose a coop campaign, both lizardmen then by forced choosing, and then it still did it.

Edit 3: Tried again with KroqGar and he chose Skolk, same thing, after we both finish our first turn, waiting for players box shows on Clar Karond.

Edit 4: Tried as high and dark elves, same thing. Looks like we can't play with any faction, because Clar Karond always causes it to Wait for players...

Edit 5: Tried as high elves head to head with skaven, and it "froze" on another different faction this time.

We did finally get it to work on coop campaign, but head to head is always bugged.
Post edited by mbowen89 on

Comments

• tero681tero681 Registered Users Posts: 5
    Same thing man. Really hope CA gets there **** together. All my friend and I want to do is kill each other Skaven vs Lizardmen.
  • dicyclebaydicyclebay Registered Users Posts: 4
    I have the same issue play coop doesnt matter what race :/ me and my friend have been waiting ages to do coop together now we cant
  • EmannEmann Registered Users Posts: 1
    Interested as to how you managed to get it to work, having the same problem playing with a friend of mine, such a freaking pain :/
  • 3eland3eland Registered Users Posts: 3
    We got it to work (I am the friend of the OP) by him choosing a faction at a higher initiative than me.

It goes Skaven, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and lastly High Elves.

If I played anything on the list before him (So if I played Skaven and he played Lizardmen) it would break. If I played anything after him (so if he played Dark Elves and I played High Elves) it would work perfectly fine.

Currently I am High Elves and he is Lizardmen and it has been working.

Not entirely sure why it is doing this, but I would try it with your friends and see if it works.

• CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 1,033
    Hi guys!

Can we please get some dxdiag for people experiencing this issue? Our QA department can take a look.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • mbowen89mbowen89 Registered Users Posts: 14
    OK I added mine and my friends dxdiag files to first post.

Another thing to note is my friend who is having trouble with me has no problem playing with another friend, so maybe I am the issue somehow? It's especially odd how we can play head to head as long as I am a faction that starts the first turn and not him.
    Mbowen89 you said in my problem post that you and a friend were doing head to head but were having the battle bug. How did u get head to head to work?
  • 3eland3eland Registered Users Posts: 3
    tero681 said:

Mbowen89 you said in my problem post that you and a friend were doing head to head but were having the battle bug. How did u get head to head to work?

We got it to work (I am the friend of the OP) by him choosing a faction at a higher initiative than me.

It goes Skaven, Dark Elves, Lizardmen and lastly High Elves.

If I played anything on the list before him (So if I played Skaven and he played Lizardmen) it would break. If I played anything after him (so if he played Dark Elves and I played High Elves) it would work perfectly fine.

Currently I am High Elves and he is Lizardmen and it has been working.

Not entirely sure why it is doing this, but I would try it with your friends and see if it works.

3eland,
    Ya it did not work for us. I was the host first and i went skaven and he went lizard and still froze on Clar. Then we tried it in reverse and the same thing happened. I guess we just got to wait for CA to do an update fixing this.
    tero, if you try dark elves vs high elves, and then also reversed, does that work at all?
  • TheVengeTheVenge Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 67
    edited September 2017
    mbowen89, I take it that you are the host in your games? I am assuming so, and found that I had the same problems (and workaround) that you two saw.

Interestingly, I played with a different friend today, and intentionally we picked factions that are out of order (i.e., I am Hexoatl, he is Last Defenders). Surprisingly, it works even though he goes first and I'm hosting. So in addition to the problem being a case where you can't host and go 2nd, it seems to be further limited to a specific combination of... something that is shared between you two. Drivers, settings, something.
    mbowen89 said:

tero, if you try dark elves vs high elves, and then also reversed, does that work at all?

Nope we have tried every combo of head to head nothing working. Only thing we got working so far is co-op and he cant start battles only I can or we get the waiting for players forever.
  • ThejonoThejono Registered Users Posts: 4
    Shame CA arent taking this seriously, its starting to show up on the steam forums. Quite a few people experiencing issues with multiplayer

Dxdiag.txt added below still having same issue as above
    I wouldn't say they aren't taking it seriously. It's the weekend, and I imagine the silence is them working on it.

I do fear that multiplayer isn't a *priority* for them as much as other things, just based on past experience. This is a shame since multiplayer is almost the only mode I play in.
  • El_BaronEl_Baron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    We had the same problem playing with lizardmen. first 40 rounds were fine but then it started.. Waiting for player....

But we knew we were both using 4g connection with strict NAT.
    So we used Log me in hamachi and its working perfect now for us.. no more waiting.

Hope this helps someone.
    I am on a 4G cell network for my internet too! My friend isn't though. I will try hamachi and see what that does.
    Hamachi is great. I assume you're playing using the "Local Network" toggle in the top of Multiplayer to play that way?
  • El_BaronEl_Baron Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 19
    mbowen89 said:

I am on a 4G cell network for my internet too! My friend isn't though. I will try hamachi and see what that does.

both of you need to install hamachi and create a virtual network :)
    TheVenge said:

Hamachi is great. I assume you're playing using the "Local Network" toggle in the top of Multiplayer to play that way?

actualy no. we have same thing in rainbow six siege.. cant create a group but when we just use hamachi every thing works
    im sure they have a team dedicated to it or atleast someone on it atm and i know it would be hard trying to get everything organised with all the dlc,patches,bugs and events they need to handle while creating this game

I know it will be resolved so im just gona enjoy single player until then and get my skills up so i dont insta die in coop ahahah
    Well I guess I hopefully resolved this. I am using a Sprint hotspot for my internet, and have no issues with TW:W1, but this game has the issue noted. My friend I'm trying to play with is on dsl.

We used Hamachi and voila, I was able to play as Lizardmen and him as Skaven, which was what always broke waiting for players after first turn.
    Can we get an update on what is happening about this?? all ive seen is asking for our dxdiag which ive seen many provide but its been weeks since the game came out and we still can't play coop
  • CrazenCrazen Registered Users Posts: 2
    Im really hoping we get something on this tmw. Im getting tired of this bug in my co op games. Its a shame they still hasnt been dealt with this already in a hot fix. Along with the battle waiting for player bug...
  • TyrgalonTyrgalon Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 16
    Yeah, was really looking forward to co-op with a friend and it freezes for us every time no mater what :/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file