Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Black Screen on Boot? Try these steps while we work on a fix!

Comments

• BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,193Registered Users, Moderators, Knights
    cokero said:

Any update ? always black screen

The OP has an update.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • LaelysLaelys Junior Member Posts: 78Registered Users
    Thank you very much

But when lol
  • NatherulNatherul Posts: 6Registered Users

cokero said:

Any update ? always black screen

The OP has an update.

any chance of an ETA
  • ThatSmartDudeThatSmartDude Posts: 2Registered Users
    This glitch started happening to me after I put in 60 hours into the game. The morning this started to happen I tried to load up a campaign and it didn't work, along with me trying to start a new one, and I restarted the game instinctively and that's when this annoying glitch popped up. I don't know when this patch is coming out but if it did already then it didn't work. CA please, please, please find a way to patch this. The amount of time I played this was so much fun and its just angering me that I cant continue my campaigns.
  • GrakkyGrakky Junior Member Posts: 5Registered Users
    Just some ideas, I have seen something similar to this before in another game... first, check if your preferences file Properties is NOT Read Only. Does alt-enter at the black screen make the game visible? Are you able to save as fullscreen or window mode. IF you save the settings in menu does the line in the preferences file match it?

My settings below for fullscreen:

gfx_video_memory 0; # gfx_video_memory , Override available video memory (bytes) #
    gfx_fullscreen true; # gfx_fullscreen , Run the application in fullscreen or not #
    gfx_vsync false; # gfx_vsync , vertical synchronization #

hope this helps.....
    When for the patch please ?
  • Igetbored2oftenIgetbored2often Posts: 10Registered Users
    seriously? i bought both games on the same day and havent been able to play either of them because of this bug, and with CA seemingly ignoring our posts simply asking for some vague idea of when we will be able to actually play the games that we purchased i am now wanting to work out how i get a refund... if they don't sort this out soon i will be getting one....
  • xenoessxenoess Posts: 13Registered Users
    You'd think once they had the fix there they'd wanna be pushing it out as soon as possible for those who have had issues...
  • rbguptarbgupta Posts: 2Registered Users
    can we get a date for the patch? thanks
  • BigBowBowBigBowBow Posts: 1Registered Users
    We need a fix for this ASAP. It's so frustrating :(

• SteinerDKSteinerDK Junior Member Posts: 3Registered Users
    Any ETA for the fix please?
  • kapnockapnoc Posts: 7Registered Users
    PLEASE I really want to play, bought the game at release and have to watch other people play!!!
    Fix for The 26 October maybe

FIX FIX FIX FIX FIX NOW NOW NOW Now now
  • CA_MatthewCA_Matthew The Creative Assembly Posts: 1,022Registered Users, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff
    @Laelys while I can't confirm a date, I can confirm it will be included with Mortal Empire's launch.
    FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AussieGiantAussieGiant Posts: 183Registered Users

@Laelys while I can't confirm a date, I can confirm it will be included with Mortal Empire's launch.

Just to join the dots here guys.

Mortal Empires is due to launch 26 October. So that is when we get the patch.
  • kapnockapnoc Posts: 7Registered Users
    5 days, nice! Can't wait to try this game out! Ty CA, you are the best!
    ok so the mortal empires dlc has launchedc today and been downloaded yet i'm still experiencing a black screen on boot?
    Works for me now

Thank you CA
    i have just validated files and waiting on download as there were 6 files corrupt hopefully this resolves my issue
    yeah it still crashes on a black screen idk what information CA needs or how to get it ie idk where the crash files are or whatever
  • Illing_StarIlling_Star Posts: 7Registered Users
    Just manage to launch it:

1. Delete all Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable (with monitor icon) in Programs and Components. Reboot.
    2. Go to ..\Steam\steamapps\common\Total War WARHAMMER II\_CommonRedist\vcredist and install vcredist from all three folders (from 2010 to 2015) according to your version of Win (x64 or x86). Reboot.
  • BillyRuffianBillyRuffian Moderator UKPosts: 36,193Registered Users, Moderators, Knights

yeah it still crashes on a black screen idk what information CA needs or how to get it ie idk where the crash files are or whatever

The information they need and how to get it are outlined in this thread. https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/202015/please-read-if-you-experience-a-crash-hang-freeze#latest

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png
  • TTinusTTinus Posts: 1Registered Users
    @Drakoonis
    October 1
    Hello,

I had the same problem, after I started the game its crashed. Changed the cables, refresh rate etc. No luck of course.
    More interestingly, also Warhammer I crashed after start.

I uninstalled the geforce experience and the latest Nvidia driver and installed 385.41 instead 385.69. Both games [email protected]
    -----------------------------------------
    @Drakoonis Same here. I followed your instructions and it works again!
  • VintageCultureVintageCulture Posts: 4Registered Users
    OMG **** black screen !!!!

Nome do Evento de Problema: APPCRASH
    Nome do Aplicativo: Warhammer2.exe
    Versão do Aplicativo: 1.1.1.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Aplicativo: 5a024db2
    Nome do Módulo de Falhas: StackHash_ea1c
    Versão do Módulo de Falhas: 0.0.0.0
    Carimbo de Data/Hora do Módulo de Falhas: 00000000
    Código de Exceção: c0000005
    Deslocamento de Exceção: 0000000076db0944
    Versão do sistema operacional: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Identificação da Localidade: 1046
    Informações Adicionais 1: ea1c
    Informações Adicionais 2: ea1cdd03b7634e2f272e4c64a8ec25b0
    Informações Adicionais 3: c9d6
    Informações Adicionais 4: c9d64421a3658f716d2c74dbc4d4b613

**** !!!!
  • Illing_StarIlling_Star Posts: 7Registered Users
    @BillyRuffian In my case, it seems MSI Afterburner causes those crashes. So much nerves and all because of software incompatibility :((( What a shame.
  • VintageCultureVintageCulture Posts: 4Registered Users
    Nothing ? no solution ?

• Moses1807Moses1807 Posts: 2Registered Users
    This worked for me (Win10): Power Settings - Power & Sleep - Additional Power Settings (select "Ballanced") - Change Plan Settings - Change Advanced Power Settings (Opens "Power Options" box) - Select/open "Processor power management" - Select/open "Maximum processor state" and reduce to 80% or lower. Restart PC & game.
    Hope this helps.
  • l33chlordl33chlord Posts: 4Registered Users
    I am still having this problem, and will request a refund soon if this isn't fixed. I really want to play this game, and have tried pretty much all the suggestions here and elsewhere that I can actually do. Please fix this!
  • l33chlordl33chlord Posts: 4Registered Users
    The game works on the 1.0.0 version, but not on the most recent version, so whilst I can play the main game, I can't play mortal empires and won't be able to use Tomb Kings. Fix this!
  • IcarusFBEIcarusFBE Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited January 2018
    Since downloading tomb kings mine has started black screening on load, followed by a "Total War: WARHAMMER 2 has stopped working" message. I've tried all the suggested fixes - removing mods, deleting he Warhammer 2 folder from AppData, deleting everything out of the data folder and then re-verifying files... Nothing.

I've upgraded graphics drivers... Nothing.

I've even just un-installed the game, deleted all existing files completely and then re-downlaoded the entire game to be greeted with exactly the same problem.

Please help, CA?

EDIT: Just spotted the post earlier about the info needed by CA. Will try to get this later and add it to this post in a further edit.
    Post edited by IcarusFBE on
This discussion has been closed.